Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

I think Silent Hill was definitely geared more toward fans of the game series, like myself. There were lots of references that would please them. It wasn't a plot-driven movie, in fact "plot" isn't what the Silent Hill games are really about since it's supposed to be more about the feeling of being trapped in an insane nightmare... It's mostly just about having an eerie atmosphere and bizarre visuals, which is pretty much what makes the games so appealing for me.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

It's mostly just about having an eerie atmosphere and bizarre visuals, which is pretty much what makes the games so appealing for me.
That's what worked for me, but, for me, that's the first 45 minutes. After that it was like watching a videogame. For me, at least.

Exactly that. It felt like a series of game levels, with cut scenes linking them. I thought it spent 45 minutes creating a great atmosphere, something that I really appreciate with a horror film, then it just all fell apart and the spell was broken. By the end I was waiting for it to finish.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have to disagree, I am a fan of Silent Hill to the core, The games are great, given there are some that are better then the other, the movie was great, GREAT, they took the important places from the game and put them in and gave it all the gore that it deserved, it's just one of those things for me, I've been playing Silent Hill since the first game was released so I have a deep attachment to anything Silent Hill. I just hope the sequel is as good as the first movie.

Yes, I'm also a huge Silent Hill fan, and the sequel's pics being released are still underwhelming, but at least Heather is in it.

It's not got much of a director this time around for the sequel unfortunately, but will see. But like how Carrie Anne Moss and Malcolm McDowell are in it.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have to put Brainscan on here, it's one of my favorite movies but other's don't seem to like it, maybe it's because I'm into computer games so it kinda sticks with anyone who was into PC gaming back about 15 + years ago, especially the horror games that were around for PC at the time sucked so this movie made you think something better was possible.

I think Silent Hill was definitely geared more toward fans of the game series, like myself. There were lots of references that would please them. It wasn't a plot-driven movie, in fact "plot" isn't what the Silent Hill games are really about since it's supposed to be more about the feeling of being trapped in an insane nightmare... It's mostly just about having an eerie atmosphere and bizarre visuals, which is pretty much what makes the games so appealing for me.
I've never played the games. However, Silent Hill is one of my favorite movies.

I have to disagree, I am a fan of Silent Hill to the core, The games are great, given there are some that are better then the other, the movie was great, GREAT, they took the important places from the game and put them in and gave it all the gore that it deserved, it's just one of those things for me, I've been playing Silent Hill since the first game was released so I have a deep attachment to anything Silent Hill. I just hope the sequel is as good as the first movie.

Yeah I'm a long-time fan too. I played the first Silent Hill on playstation and got really into it. I haven't played the last one yet, but so far my favorite is still part 2.

I liked Orange County, but it generally got bad reviews.

Mr. Destiny might be another.

The Fountain is one my favorite movies but I don't know anyone that likes it. I think alot of critics ripped it up too.

The Fountain is one my favorite movies but I don't know anyone that likes it. I think alot of critics ripped it up too.
It's a '10/1' kinda movie! You either love it or hate it.
I love it, just for this line: "Death is a disease, it's like any other. And there's a cure. And I will find it."

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission

A lot of people didn't find this movie particularly funny, but I laughed out loud A LOT. Best part of the movie was Michael Peña:

I also like Battlefield Earth and The Wedding Singer. I know many people diss on BE, but as for Wedding Singer I'm not so sure how popular it really is.

I've always found that The Wedding Singer is/was very popular. It's Drew, so I've seen it. But I don't particularly like it. I thought 50 First Dates was much better.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
i love dil to baccha hai jee but nobody loves it

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I find I don't get much love from the following

Napoleon Dynamite (2004) - People either love it or hate it. I personally love it.

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) - For sure it's my least favourite of the franchise, and their cars match their outfits, but I still enjoy it regardless.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) - Come on! It is what it is, and doesn't hide it.

Josie & The Pussycats (2001) - This is a bit of a wild card. Most people pretend to hate this, but secretly they love it!

Torque (2004) - I think I'm the only person in the world of wanted to owns this movie on DVD.

I hope I find some other fans of these. *laugh*

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."