Great films you just can't re-make

Tools    

The Knot by Alfred Hitchcock. I wish they would show it again on tv. It's amazing the suspense he was able to achieve in that movie.

Hitchcock did a movie called The Knot???

Is interdimensional cable already out?..

And, if he does, then he's wrong, because Hitch makes the mistake of showing the body at the start of the film and, therefore, foregoing any suspense that could've been created. I do really like the film, though. It's one of my favourite Hitchcock films, but then, I'm not really a fan.

Ofcourse he does, might be an alternate title in his country.
Ropes might be considered a bad luck or lethal.
Yes u are probably right Mad Max was known as Road Warrior In USA well something like that

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Maybe someone's already said it, but there'd be no way to ever re-make Pulp Fiction. Watched that again for the first time in a long time, and while it's oft been imitated, it is still insane and idiosyncratic and impossible to copy.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I know this is going to sound crazy, maybe slightly retarded, but I don't think 'The Blob' can be remade AGAIN. The remake of the original (80's version) can never be remade or duplicated. Simply put, filmmakers nowadays rely heavily on CGI. I don't want to begin to imagine what a CGI version of 'The Blob' would look like.

Yeah, I went there.

Coens or no and book or no, you simply don't muck with a classic. Why not try remaking Casablanca next, Joel and Ethan?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I prefer to wait and see what we get. I realize that I probably appreciate True Grit more than the average film buff, but the cast for this new one does seem good. Plus, as some of my friends tell me, I'm supposed to be upset because neither Dustin Hoffman nor Jon Voight won best actor that year for Midnight Cowboy. Then again, I also like Wayne more than many do, so don't try to tell me you know me better than I do.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
I didnt know that it was a remake but the new one seems alright.

They should remake Titanic, coz it's an average film...
& the actors were underused.

Remake Titanic into an Oscar deserving movie.

& just to piss few people here, Titanic sucks oily steam.

NOTE: I was just a kid when I saw Titanic, I couldn't sleep that night... Couldn't get Jack Dawson out of my head.. How could he die?? was there no other way??..
Yes, the movie Titanic does in fact suck!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I would have said Dawn of the Dead, but oops, a bit late for that.
So i'm going to go with Jurassic Park, Great movie, and great book, and it was made with some CGI but a lot of it was still done with advanced animatronics , and if they remade it it would just be a CGI over the top mess. Plus Sam Neill is to old and he fit that character so perfect it would be a mess without him.

Rear Window was one that I thought should never be remade. I'm not sure if it counts as being "remade" if they used a very similar plot and renamed the movie, but I guess Disturbia was a remake nevertheless. Not terrible, but the film didn't need to be modernized IMO.

Good to know.