Best Tim Burton Film

Tools    

You want to post like me?
Big Fish. Scissorhands a very close second. I can't stand puppet movies and he really screwed up with those Batman movies, in my opinion.

No way. Batman Returns is the best Batman film there is.
I think so as well. Burton's first Batman was great, but it looked as if he had more creative control with Returns. The scenery, music, and acting are all perfectly dark and over the top in a way that's difficult not to admire. I love the way Burton creates his Halloween-ish visual structure in Batman Returns as well, especially when considering that it takes place around Christmas. It's as if the film takes place in a world of its own.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Tim Burton. He may not score a home run with every one of his flicks, but I find even his bad ones to be entertaining, and I can't think of any other director that can entertain me visually as much as Burton.
My favorites:
1. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
2. Beetlejuice
3. Sleepy Hollow
4. Batman Returns
5. Ed Wood
6. Edward Scissorhands
7. Batman
8. Big Fish

Big Fish hands-down. For once I agree with what it says on the DVD box: "Tim Burton's masterpiece."

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

1. Edward Scissorhands

2. Big Fish

3. Sleepy Hollow

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

5. Beetlejuice

6. Sweeney Todd

7. Corpse Bride

8. Batman

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I Am Registered And So Can You!
I saw this when i was in America many moons ago I didn't like it do you think I should give it another go?
In my opinion...no. lol. Just...no.

I like a lot of Tim Burton's movies, but I also really dislike a lot of them. I feel like he is inconsistent, but that he definitely has the talent and has created some great works.

I am not sure which one is my favorite but I really do love The Nightmare Before Christmas (and I agree that it was his film).

I have never seen Ed Wood, but considering what great reviews it's gotten in this thread, I put it on my Netflix .

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Edward Scissorhands
Sleepy Hollow
Corpse Bride

Tim Burton is a great film director. His collaborations with Johnny Depp are brilliant. Their upcoming movie, Alice in Wonderland should be really great.. looking forward to that.