The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Son, do your cute little buddies want to come over tonight for a sleepover? I've got this Asian film nobody ever heard of, we can all lay in bed and watch it together.
I'd be like, "Look - just molest me already. Anything to shut this movie off."

As with the Wong Kar Wai situation, I'm surprised to see A Brighter Summer Day here since Yi Yi wasn't on the Millenium list. I haven't seen it, but I did love Yang's The Terrorizers.

I love Asian movies! Here's a fortune cookie for you, MoFos.

Let the night air cool you off
I have heard of every movie that has shown up so far. I'm not saying everybody else should have, but being knowledgeable seems like a good thing.

Post your list, meat.
Quiet, you.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

1. Battlefield Earth
2. Hackers
3. Independence Day
4. Delta Force 2 : The Colombian Connection
5. Navy Seals
6. Robocop 3
7. Delta Force 3 : The Killing Game
8. Small Soilders
9. Mortal Kombat
10. Highlander 2 : The Quickening
11. Police Academy 7 : Mission to Moscow
12. Flubber
13. Con Air
14. Wild Wild West
15. Mallrats
16. Titanic
17. She's All That
18. Alien : Resurrection
19. Jungle 2 Jungle
20. Ace Ventura : Pet Detective
21. Big Momma's House
22. Paranormal Activity 4
23. The Burbs
24. Biodome
25. Spiderman 3

Ive been wanting to see A Brighter Summer Day for a long time, its nice to see it on the list.

Happiness is an awesome flick and on my list

This list is superb and interesting imo

If the Puppetmaster by Hou Hsiao-hsien is showing up i would be very happy. It would have been my #2 if i hadnt submitted my list back in march.

If the Puppetmaster by Hou Hsiao-hsien is showing up i would be very happy.
I'm sure it will be. Come back tomorrow as we continue with our 100 Asian Things of the '90s Countdown.

Not seen any Edward Yang films but have heard good things about them. Actually have a copy but it's four hours long so am yet to make the commitment. Half way through Satantango at the moment so after that A Brighter Summer Day will seem like a short.

Happiness has been on my watchlist but was unsure about it - will certainly watch it now.

This is a great list. The world of movies is very diverse - as are people's tastes. It's good to see this list reflect that. Seems like most people appreciate that

Two more I haven't seen, the first I haven't heard of. After I manage to finish the Sight&Sound list I might try and watch as many of these as I can before the list is over

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I was doing well with movies I've seen up until #80, but these new two make it six in a row I haven't seen.

A brighter Summer Day really does seem to be obscure and difficult to get hold of, so I'm surprised it managed to make the cut.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
1. Battlefield Earth
2. Hackers
3. Independence Day
4. Delta Force 2 : The Colombian Connection
5. Navy Seals
6. Robocop 3
7. Delta Force 3 : The Killing Game
8. Small Soilders
9. Mortal Kombat
10. Highlander 2 : The Quickening
11. Police Academy 7 : Mission to Moscow