Matrix Reloaded Review

→ in
Tools    

Also, to every one who was wondering what da "orgy/rave" scene was all about check out the http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/hol...trix_reloaded/ forum for lots of different answers.

One idea is that follows the idea that the whole "Zion/real" world is just a second Matrix is that the whole orgy thang represented the absence of Love, which means that they are in a Matrix coz deres no Love in the Matrix as it the absence of God who is Love, or sumink like that.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Horshach
Okay, here is the mild epiphany I had when I was leaving the theater having just watched the Matrix Reloaded; There are two matrices! This is evident in the conversation that Neo had with the Architect. The Architect told Neo that Neo had five predecessors and that Zion had been destroyed five times and that they were getting quite proficient at it. Neo is the sixth of his kind! Now, the Architect in this conversation talked about the current version of the matrix and how there was a 1% fallout among the humans. 99% accepted the matrix programming, and 1% did not. The 1 percenters were the free people of Zion who fought to free other minds and to destroy the matrix. The Architect told Neo that this kind of dissention was quite dangerous and they had to be dealt with. Neo, the prophesied ONE was supposed to go through the other door and restart the second matrix, and pick was it 20? People to restart Zion? This second matrix was designed as a waste system to deal with the one percenters. This system is restarted ever so often and the parameters by which this happens is called the "Prophecies" The freed humans are not really free at all. It is an illusion brought on by the second matrix. The ONE was supposed to follow the parameters/prophecies and restart the waste system, cleaning out the ruckus, once the first matrix had lost so many individuals. Neo was different, however. He was in love with Trinity. He was not compelled to save the general human populace; he was concerned with saving her. The final proof for a second matrix is seen when Neo and his friends are running from the sentinels. Neo stops, feels them, and shatters them in mid-air. He had awakened more fully to the second matrix. We see Neo waking very slowly through out the film while he is in the second matrix. He begins to sense people and have dreams. At the point of the sentinels He fully interacts with the second matrix. He feels them like he feels people in the first matrix. I bet when he wakes from the coma, He'll see stuff in code, just like in the other matrix. There were a lot more connections in the movie, but I'll have to watch it again if I want to see them. It makes more sense with the titles now. "Reloaded" is about the attempt to reload the second matrix, and "Revolutions" will be about breaking out of the second matrix. There was another thing as well. The story in the first matrix about the creation of AI talked about machines being able make choices, becoming sentient. This movie, Reloaded, was also about choices. At the point where Neo was supposed to enter the door to reload the system, Neo became sentient, and made a choice. I think right now all the humans are programmed how to function. That’s how the decisions are already made and the prophecies always come true. Each person playing his or her part to complete the cycles needed to run the energy for the machines, (which even though are shown in the second matrix, might be the truth. This would be within the programming of the second matrix to give a version of truth, without actual reality.) It was just like on Earth when all the machines did exactly what they were supposed to do, running and doing what they had to do to complete whatever task was at hand. But then, Choice was made and the system was revolutionized. Now here, in the sixth cycle of the second matrix, Neo a human endowed with special programming and great freedom to accomplish the parameters/prophecies makes a choice, becomes sentient, and will revolutionize the system. Cool huh?

(note: this really all came to me in like five minutes right after the movie. I really do have a life and I did not, repeat, did not spend nights philosophizing on this.)
Haven't we already gone over this before?!?!?!

Kong doesn't really mean to be rude, but these posts are getting really repititive.

everything that can be said about the film has been said. some great reviews ive read on here.

the whole story is amazing, love the idea of zion acting as another program for the so-called "rebels".

when revolutions is released, it will complete (arguably)the greatest trilogy of all time. of course there are parts that not everyone will like, but I thought it was great and will seem even better after revolutions is released!

Another thought...Smith represents a barrier between the humans and the machines. I think Neo must somehow "kill" Smith to have the break-through they are all looking for. Just a random, odd thought.

I follow everything said so far about the 2nd matrix and the anomaly that is necessary to reload, but one thing is bugging me..

Why do all six anomalies look the same and act the same i.e. neo, if they do then they must all be genetically identical and if they are genetically identical why is this neo different. Is it the presense of Trinity?

Originally posted by Two feet tall
Why do all six anomalies look the same and act the same i.e. neo, if they do then they must all be genetically identical and if they are genetically identical why is this neo different. Is it the presense of Trinity?
What makes you say they look and act the same? We haven't seen the other five.

did they all go through the opposite door Neo went through?

I thought they destroyed Zion 5 times already? If they destroyed Zion 5 times already, does that mean all the anomalies picked the same door as Neo?

Awnser this: did everyone die at the end of the Matrix Reloaded? except for the few on the ship?
and was Zion destroyed at the end or is that in Revolutions?
Confused. Thanks.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Grea movie. I loved it.

Some points:

1. Smith is awefrigginsome
2. The Zion dance thing sucked big time, but the coolness of the rest of the movie more than made up for it.
3. The chase scene was great, as was the end, and the multi-Smith fight.
4. I loved the preview of Revolutions. It was cool.

Some questions:
1. How was the Oracle's bodyguard able to hold his own against Neo? It would seem that Neo could mop the floor with him.
2. How did Smith get into that doorway place in the end?

If anyone can explain those to me, I'd be grateful.

On the whole: I absolutley loved the movie. It was very enjoyable and left me begging for more of what I had seen.

I agree with the Second Matrix theory. More evidence of it is when Agent Smith somehow infects that one guy who returns to Zion and later attempts to kill Neo. It doesn't seem like a program could exist outside of a computer. He was simply transferred from one system to another.

I would like someone to clear a couple of things up for me:

First, why would the machines want to destroy the 250,000 humans in Zion? If they are in the second Matrix aren't they still providing the machines with power? It doesn't seem like it would be logical for the machines to destroy all of those humans because doing so would result in less power for them. Plus, how could they be a threat if they are still in the second Matrix?

Second, why do they need a human to "reload" the Matrix? Can't one the machines reload it? Am I missing something here?

Third, why can't I stop thinking about that french dude's girl?

First, apologies to all the other people who have posted reviews of "Matrix:Reloaded". I did not read most of them, ok 99% of them, as I just don't have the time. Sorry.

I went to see "Reloaded" yesterday. I had to go alone as my wife hated the first film and refused to sit through anymore of that "kung fu computer Keanu crap"! Ok.

****Spoilers****

"Reloaded" starts out slow. I guess this is the way with sequels, or second parts of trilogies. Remember in "Empire Strikes Back" how nothing happens until the land invasion on Hoth? Nothing. Oh sure, Luke almost froze to death and was kidnapped by the Abominable Snowman, but you knew nothing would happen to him. He was the star. So too with "Reloaded". Nothing until Neo and Trinity and Morpheus go off to have Neo find the Oracle. The dance part in Zion, the sex scene between Trinity and Neo, the annoying dude whose life Neo saved....this stuff sucked. The hatred between Morpheus and that other dude over Niobe, yawn. Come on peeps, you are fighting for the existence of the human species and you still have petty disagreements over babes? Get over it!

Once the scene with the 4,000 Agent Smith's happens, the one where they attack Neo, this movie is ON! Wonderful action! The part with the French dude and his gorgeous wife is cool (touch me with that hand and you'll never touch anything again-Trinity) Another exciting fight scene with swords and axes. The awesome car chase with the agents and the albino twins. Abrupt conclusion, loved the suspense left hanging.

"Reloaded" is an incredible war/action film after a slow first 20 minutes. It is not as good as the original "Matrix", mainly because it is obviously not as fresh, there is less mythology, and too many slow spots. Cornel West as one of the councilmen in Zion is a bit too much for me to take. Looking forward to "Revolutions".

Obviously, there is more to this story than we have been told. Too many plot points don't make sense. I am sure they will all be tied up in the end.

Rock & Roll.

Focker

there's something that's bugging me about the second matrix theory, which i believe is the most plausible.

in the first matrix (the movie), we saw Neo wake up in the pod after taking the pill, and going about in the "real world".

but that was a "physical" act not a "logical" one .

what i'm trying to say is this ... ok, we have some humans inside the first matrix (the simulation), that become conscious of the matrix itself so they are awaken into the second matrix, but by a "physical" route (the unplugging inside the pond, and subsequent dump into the sawers) ????

so i guess the first matrix is contained within the second matrix, they can't be side by side ... that would be a simulation run within a simulation, not two simulations side by side.

It was probably my favorite part of the whole movie! It started slow? No chance! It started out like the first movie with Trinity and action. The beginning was phat! Not slow at all! Go see it again!

What if...

Zion is in the real world, the same of all of us, in the same plane of reality...

and Neo is going to enlight himself in the real world?

He didn't enlighted in the matrix 'couse it isn't the real world, he got only a big satori.

We he stops the guardians he got the real enlightment...

I know that the teory of the two matrix can fit better with the other thing (such as smith's)...

But isn't everything that we se or seem just a dream within dream?

Metaphors, boxed one onto others...

Points o' view ...

Plans of existence...

Multi layers reality...

'nighty night everyone...

And keep on dreaming!

God, I cannot believe the obsession, and the obsession for discussions of this movie/series that people have. Unbelieveable. This is starting to make all things Star Trek look cool to me.

*boggling eyes over all these pages of.... fanaticism*

Well, I haven't seen Matrix Reloaded yet, but I did just finish reading the entire story/spoilers at themoviespoiler.com

I basically know what this whole series is all about because it's all based on pre-Christianity, pre-religions, gnostic principals -- the Matrix is our planet, it's our "nothing is what it seems" reality, everything is energy, humans are not energy but the souls in our bodies are, the Matrix is what we're conscious of, Agent Smith is evil energy that spreads throughout the Matrix causing humans to move away from love and not do what's beneficial for the world and for people. These agents, viruses, whatever, keep things off track for the Architect, who is really the masculine/intellect side of God. The Mother of the Matrix is really the feminine/emotional side of God. She is intuitive and studies the psychology of humans. Through all of this fighting, through the lives of the humans in the Matrix, she learns and she is able to predict their actions, and if humans know about her, they can intuit instructions from her on how to live and how to wipe out the "Agent Smiths" and live peacefully.

Neo.... if he's the cause for the destruction of the Matrix, seems like an Anti-Christ figure to me, but in Matrix style philosophy, that's not a bad thing, because everything that goes wrong is also a good thing. The Architect can build a new Matrix from scratch (this may be seen in part 3?). He said that he doesnt need humans for energy.... well, energy isn't lost, so if the humans die, the energy will still be there.

OK, if Agent Smith is on Zion at the end as that guy.... that's not really THE Agent Smith there, because Agent Smith is just... negative energy, bad code. That guy, since he is "recovering", may not be so bad afterall. Neo shows him love, the guy is harmless. Maybe....

I'm going to bed. There's something else about dreams I wanted to say.... the beginning of Reloaded is a dream, right? It's Neo's dream... but later, it comes true? That dream was the Matrix Mother's way of talking to Neo. He had a prophetic dream. She knew everything that would happen during Matrix Reloaded, and I'm sure she knows all about the 3rd film as well.

More later.... I'm tired.

Jason's right, of course. The whole thing is, like Stigmata, a big fat commercial for gnosticism...though considerably more entertaining than its propagandist counterpart. The parallels between that system of belief and the plot of the second film are rather undeniable, though most people won't know what they're being fed and consequently won't care or notice one way or another, so Pat Robertson can sleep easy.

Yeah, and Zions are religions. Look, zion...religion... both end with "ion", a clue. There were six, going on seven, Zions, right? If Neo had gone through the right door, like the other Zion people before him, a new religion would have been founded - like how there are many religions in our world. BUT, Neo went through the left door. Cinematically speaking (does that sound corny?), that happened so that the Matrix films don't go too deep into religions and won't upset people. Since he went through the left door, after Trinity, he went straight to the source of what gnosticism believes is the foundation of all religions, whatever path you choose -- LOVE.

Love which conquers all. Love -- which is what part 3 will be all about. Reloaded opened that door, literally. The Matrix trilogy will have a happy ending.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, that, Jason, and the fact that "Zion" is a biblical name for the city of God's people and all... Lots of names with biblical undertones or connections, including the Nebuchadnezzar itself.

No small coincidence.

Right. Zion is, well, Heaven, and Nebuchadnezzar was a Babylonian king. The film doesn't hide these allusions, either, as the ship's dedication plaque (or whatever you'd like to call it) has a Bible reference (chapter and verse...Mark, chapter 3, verse 11, I think) inscribed on it.

When I first learned that Neo was the sixth of his kind, my mind immediately started looking for any possible significance to the number. Were the Wachowskis trying to mirror Christianity, as it seemed (somewhat) in the first film, they likely would have made Neo the seventh. The only religious significance I can find behind the number six is that it was the day during which God created Man.

nice point Yoda...

what part did they show that plaque?

is that the verse, if so I want to look it up and see what it says. thanks.

I don't think we've seen the real Heaven in the Matrix movies yet.... while Zion and the ships may seem like it, I see Zion as just mirroring Christianity, like you said. People can die on that ship, right? Why would you die in Heaven?

And Morpheus said the machines need humans to create energy... is Morpheus correct? The Architect said there would be enough energy even with all the humans dead. With the gnostic philosophy that's going on, this rings true to me. So I see the current Zion as Christianity -- The Oracle is like the founder of it, or the one in charge of all religions.

I believe there is a second "Matrix" on top of the Matrix, but it isn't a Matrix. It's.... it's the land of the green code. It's the TRUE Matrix, invented by the Architect, based on the Mother's love. This is Heaven. This is where the humans go.

I don't know if they'll put all of that into the next movie... maybe.