Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

Eden Lake (2008) - James Watkins
- ohh sh*ttt.... this movie is very disturbing from the beginning till the end ... it's one of the most unforgettable thing i've ever watch. The Ending is..... speechless... I'm literraly shocked right now

Movies:10

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The Orphanage I promise the next movie will be something I haven't seen, but my S/O hadn't and I wanted him to watch it. I love these creepy type of ghost stories and The Orphanage is one of the best. The game the kids play "Uno, dos, tres, toca la pared" gets under my skin every time. I have no idea why, but to me that's one of the eeriest moments ever.

4 movies/ 5 points

Just the start. I can get three or four more in before I go to sleep.

I watched:

1.) The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

2.) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

Is it bad that when I saw "S/O" my first thought was "shout out?"
Is it bad that I don't really know what you are referencing by "shout out" ?

Damn these Halloween movies are getting bad... Anyways,

Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (Producer's Cut)

The movie felt like it never really got going, and the cult thing was absolutely awful and one of the worst decisions ever in a big horror franchise. Myers also seemed so passive, it was like he just popped into frame once in a while, and Loomis was a boring old idiot in this, I feel bad for Donald that this was his last peformance as Loomis.

Movies: 4

By foreign language I mean the spoken language is not English. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.
You might want to argue whether it's a horror or not. It even says thriller on the poster.

OK, I'm just making trouble now.

A system of cells interlinked
I love that movie, Sedai.

It was really well done. I definitely liked it, but doubt I would watch it again.

Frankenweenie (2012) - Tim Burton
In many ways this crosses the line and ends up just stealing it's story rather than paying tribute to iconic horror movies of the past but it's still pretty entertaining. BTW, Criticker and IMDB say it's horror so take it up with them

Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) - Don Coscarelli
Decent but not as good as it could/should have been.
-

Carrie (1976) - Brian De Palma
Much of this is just bad - the acting, the script, De Palma's direction ... but Spacek is great and that one iconic scene makes it worth watching.
+

Tetsuo II: Body Hammer (1992) - Shinya Tsukamoto
I liked this more than the original - but that is mainly because I had no idea what was going on in the original. If I watched it again I'd probably appreciate it more. Overall this was pretty good.
-

Movies: 15

On fire today because of my off afternoon .

The Woman In Black (2012) - James Watkins
- Very very good. Silent and calm but so creepy and effective and Radcliffe is pretty good imo
+

Oculus (2013) - Mike Flanagan (rewatch)
- Very good recent horror with good creepy scenes and a nice ending imo! also great acting.
+

World War Z (2013) - Marc Foster
- I like this flick ! It's very nice imo with good acting from Pitt and Enos. like the part in the Lab and the wall climbing zombies... the ending is also very nice.
+

Movies:13

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Trollhunter (André Øvredal, 2010)
+ Played-straight, but amusing flick which exposes the "truth" about trolls in Norway. (Foreign)

The Dark Half (George A. Romero, 1993)
- Borderline stupid but still interesting Stephen King story about a writer bringing alive his dead twin/alter ego who commits murders and keeps getting closer to his family. Wacko use of sparrows.

Mimic (Guillermo del Toro, 1997)
+ Pretty-good horror sci-fi about giant, slimy mutating bugs down in the dark subway.

The Children (Tom Shankland, 2008)
Unexplained but reasonably-intense film about weird happenings and murders apparently being caused by children at Christmas. Forget Santa - you may need an exterminator.

The Eye (David Moreau & Xavier Palud, 2008)
American remake of the Hong Kong film is mostly well-made but suffers from being completely predictable, whether you saw the "original" or not.

The Thaw (Mark A. Lewis, 2009)
Decent visuals and suspense in a story about prehistoric parasites in the Arctic. Reminiscent in a few ways of a cross between Carpenter's The Thing and Mimic.

I didn't include Mars Attacks! because most sources list it as a comedy, but it has more horrific elements and scenes than most all of these.

18 Movies
19 Points

Finally a sequel in the Halloween franchise that is worth a watch...

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

Everything is back to basis here. Not only is Curtis back, but it seems like they were aiming for a creepier movie with a hint of what the franchise once was. The story about Strode finally facing Myers is a breath of fresh air, since she has always been a screaming helpless little teenage girl. The story and concept wasn't done as great as it could've been, but still this was a fine end to the series, but yes they just HAD to ressurect Myers later on...

Anyways, that's for another review and it's not something I look forward to.

Movies: 5

Shutter ~ Arguably the scariest of these "types" of movies. I maybe shouldn't have watched this before going to bed. Sometimes the endings bring horror movies way down, especially in these ghostie movies, but Shutter has a great one. Don't watch alone.

REC ~ This was one I was chomping at the bit to see again after reading Slob's best horror list. It holds up for multiple viewing. This is a tense movie.

Night of the Demons ~ not too fond of this one. It's more or less a typical teenage/sex/die one by one movie. Not that there aren't some of those movies that I actually like but this is more dumb than fun. Had a nice cheeky ending.

House of Wax watching Paris Hilton die should be more fun. Really lame remake.

8 movies 11 points

The Purge (2013) - James DeMonaco (rewatch)
- Nice Flick I very appreciate it ... Ethan Hawke is great.
+

One Missed Call (2008) - Eric Valette
- The Ringtone by itself scare me more than the whole movie .... but it's not as awful as IMDb said it is ....
+

Movies:15