Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Tools    

It's like a superhero movie.

By the looks of it, this has way more cgi. Either Miller is getting tired or it was a studio directive.

I’m not gonna cry, because I love visiting this world…

Looks like all the pearl-clutching about CGI doesn't get old...

For a franchise branded on practical effects, which rode that pony in awards season and basked in the adulation…it’s fair.

Booked the 4DX tickets for Memorial Day. The theater we are going to has IMAX, RPX and 4DX. Even if the 4DX is mo' gimmicky, it will be an experience. My choice would have been IMAX, but we have that here. Plus, they say men are visual creatures...

CGI is inevitable, and they'll add more virtual set and deepfake in future films as well.

The movies have to look expensive in order to get people to pay.

I would like to address my earlier comments. The feeling of shame and hopelessness that they have brought upon me is agonizing. In that moment, my expectations overwhelmed my sense of reality. Only a child holds on to hope and the dream of one last bastion of practical filmmaking. Underneath the crushing weight of indignity, I have decided to leave the MoFo, before I cause anymore damage.

Oh mother, please put in your eyes.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Underneath the crushing weight of indignity, I have decided to leave the MoFo, before I cause anymore damage.
Just rewatch Fury Road in Black & Chrome Edition.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

First review I've seen is... less than enthusiastic

A system of cells interlinked
All three Film Threat guys are giving it a positive review (with caveats). That's enough for me to at least check it out at a matinee...

I was very surprised that WB didn't do any advance fan screenings several days before opening day, like they did with Dune 2. They probably expect a little less from this one.

FWIW, Fury retells the first movie very briefly, then rehashes the chase scene from the second movie and Bartertown from the third. Meanwhile, this new one reminds me of the Feral Kid.