MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Well, I was well on my way to breaking the season highs for Home Runs and RBIs after the first 4-5 days. Won't get there with HRs (I lost one on the bench and should fall a few short), but it looks like I might with RBIs. I'm at 52 and need just 4 more today to set the season high. That'd be fun, though kind of a waste since I might win the category by literally 30.

Anyway, barring a really big day in a few key categories TONGO's probably going to hold me off, but I'll settle comfortably into the #2 seed. I'll take it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I want to congratulate everyone who made it to the Championship round of the playoffs, including Tim's Turtles! PW should be happy that he doesn't have to play me again. I'll admit that I can look back and see that my slow, crashing computer cost me about 10-15 games in the standings, but I'm sure that everybody else has a similar story to tell, so Good Luck to all of you. I suppose I'll keep fighting and try to win the Consolation Round. See you next year.

Get a new computer and do a Office Space beatdown on the old one. Sorry you couldnt get to the playoffs this year Mark.

Yoda could you plaease unfreeze the rosters. Its saying I cant pick up anyone cause Ive been eliminated from the playoffs.

Ah, so close. Tim is the Suicide Squeeze, Adam is the Turtles. But same to you: a fine, fun year. I'm happy for Adam, if only because he almost had another heartbreaker; he barely missed the playoffs last year, and would have made it if he'd been hyper-managing his team in the last day or two. He made a point to do it this time and snuck in. EDIT: actually, I'm wrong. He did make it last year, but he lost his first playoff series for the reason mentioned above.

Meanwhile, TONGO found a bug where the "freeze rosters for eliminated teams" option is applying to him. I assume it applies to both he and I, since we're on Bye, which is definitely a bug. I've reported it to Yahoo. If they don't get back to us soon I'll undo the setting and simply ask that eliminated teams not alter their rosters until Yahoo sorts it out.

Anyway, I fell a couple of categories short of taking the #1 seed. Really had a good shot at it there near the end, but I'll have to settle for #2 and one of the byes, which is really all you can hope for. And given that Adam's #6 seed is probably more threatening than a couple of the teams ranked ahead of him, that might be a blessing in disguise.

One thing that's a huge bummer: I have a bunch of pitchers going twice THIS week, on Bye, and very few going twice next week. Pretty lousy timing, that, but we'll see what happens.

Playoffs start immediately for the other four teams, though, and the matchups are:

Team Hannahmals vs. Zeppelins
The 'Roid Ragers III vs. I Like Turtles!

Best of luck, guys.

I'm right where I want to be. Game on!

Oh, one more thing for now (I'll be back a little later with the final Roto-standings and some records and stuff, hopefully): in the playoffs, it's just about winning the week; no bonus for winning 9-1 instead of 6-4. But since ties are not acceptable, there is a tiebreaker: winning percentage against your opponent during the regular season.

So you guys know going in, and can adjust accordingly to play for a tie or a win if it comes down to the wire depending on which you need:

PW ('Roid Ragers) holds the tiebreaker over Adam (Turtles).

mack (Zeppelins) holds the tiebreaker over Vince (Team Hannahmals)

Can we, like, move the whole sucker up or back a week? Because I've got Lee, Lester, Strasburg and Fister all going twice this week, when it does me absolutely no good.

Boooooo.

Ah, but you'll only have Haren and Felix going once next week, too, most likely. So if you win (which ensures you'll face me rather than TONGO, by the way), our pitching will suck together.

Oh, following up on the Felix thing: it's actually not clear, because it seems like the Mariners have some weird six-starter rotation thing going. You privvy to whatever's up with that, PW?

I think he'll start just once next week, anyway, since they have a day off in the middle, but it's hard to say for sure.

They probably have more than a 6-man rotation going actually, I'm not keeping track. They are running just about every kid they have in the system out there and they are also limiting Micheal Pineda innings. Instead of just putting him on the shelf for the rest of the year. So yeah, a lot of guys are pitching in totally strange schedules.

Just to twist the knife, Doug Fister had a perfect game going through 6 innings today. He ended up going 8, giving up 1 earned run and striking out a career-high 13.

All for nothing, because it's a bye week. Not that I'm complaining, but...yeah, I guess I sort of am complaining.

How am I supposed to react to this? Should I be glad in that maybe it sort of portends better numbers next week? I'm so confused.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Not that it matters, but since you guys wouldn't have noticed, I benched five starters last week because I had ERA and WHIP locked up. All five won with miniscule stats against.

How am I supposed to react to this? Should I be glad in that maybe it sort of portends better numbers next week? I'm so confused.
You should be afraid. My team had a great bye week too last year.

You are going down. Down to Chinatown!

Not that it matters, but since you guys wouldn't have noticed, I benched five starters last week because I had ERA and WHIP locked up. All five won with miniscule stats against.
Nice.

Funny how hard it is to do that sort of thing, even when it's clearly the right move.