Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Transformers movies sell tickets too.
Not as many as Star Wars, and in any case it's supposed to reflect how the movie itself is popular enough that the people who dislike it enough to petition against it are insignificant.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not as many as Star Wars, and in any case it's supposed to reflect how the movie itself is popular enough that the people who dislike it enough to petition against it are insignificant.
Yeah I would think the gross says more than some little trolls on school holidays with nothing better to do than vote insanely in polls.

Legend in my own mind
Bombs falling in space

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I like that there’s all this talk about the RT score and petitions to remove the film from the canon and it’s like they all ignored the half billion it made over a weekend
It was always going to do well the first few days. The interesting number will be where it ends up in comparison to TFA $2 billion worldwide.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Spot on!

"What Went Wrong at the Last Jedi Pitch Meeting"

The context of that post is deciding what to watch, not deciding what to think after I've seen it myself, dude. And even then, I was careful to say "very unusual" and "not impossible," precisely because there are occasionally situations, like with The Last Jedi, where people make a sustained effort to drive down ratings because they have some kind of grievance and crave external validation from some anonymous number.

i prefer classic star wars better then the new ones
Old Star Wars sucks have you seen the effects ? Also their boring.

The context of that post is deciding what to watch, not deciding what to think after I've seen it myself, dude. And even then, I was careful to say "very unusual" and "not impossible," precisely because there are occasionally situations, like with The Last Jedi, where people make a sustained effort to drive down ratings because they have some kind of grievance and crave external validation from some anonymous number.

Sustained effort to drive down the ratings? You talked about this as if this is a fact.

There are probably as many people who made same effort to drive UP the ratings too.

I was only able to find very few reviews that had given good rating on TLJ IMDB page.

What is going on? Those users must be paid to not only vote down the rating repeatedly, but also writing long reviews with their rant about the movie.

Those people, perhaps school kids who are on holiday, should really learn to get a life.

Sustained effort to drive down the ratings? You talked about this as if this is a fact.
People are literally claiming credit for hacking some of the numbers and the people who hate the film seem bizarrely preoccupied with what these ratings say, so while it's not a fact, it's a lot closer to a fact than the idea that this is an organic response.

There are probably as many people who made same effort to drive UP the ratings too.
Given that multiple people who hate the film in this thread alone are actively monitoring them each day and calling them "the truth," that seems unlikely.

People are literally claiming credit for hacking some of the numbers and the people who hate the film seem bizarrely preoccupied with what these ratings say, so while it's not a fact, it's a lot closer to a fact than the idea that this is an organic response.

Given that multiple people who hate the film in this thread alone are actively monitoring them each day and calling them "the truth," that seems unlikely.

Hate is a strong word, they just don't think it is a good film, and reasons were given too.

Also, keep an eye on the ratings just for the sake of curiosity, how about that? And how does that prove the possibility that there are also people who voted the movie 10/10 without seeing them is non-existent?

Anyways, Yoda, feel free to respond, but I will call this an end of discussion from my part. You can imagine that I devote my full time to drive the rating of TLJ down on a 24/7 basis as you wish.

For those who love TLJ, good, and I hope you will enjoy the rest of the franchise. I am out being a hardcore star wars fan because of TLJ.

Hate is a strong word
For some of the comments we've seen in here, it's actually pretty mild. Maybe not with you, but for a few others, "hate" is definitely an appropriate word.

they just don't think it is a good film, and reasons were given too.
Sure, and some of those reasons make sense, and I've said as much. I've only been bothering to argue with the ones that don't.

Also, keep an eye on the ratings just for the sake of curiosity, how about that?
Providing running updates to people you're arguing with about the film and acting vaguely triumphant every time it goes down is not "for the sake of curiosity." Clearly, people are getting some kind of misguided sense of validation from this.

And how does that prove the possibility that there are also people who voted the movie 10/10 without seeing them is non-existent?
It suggests that the people who hate it care more about that these things than the people who didn't. I'm not pretending it's "proof" of anything, though.

Anyways, Yoda, feel free to respond, but I will call this an end of discussion from my part. You can imagine that I devote my full time to drive the rating of TLJ down on a 24/7 basis as you wish.
I certainly don't imagine that, and not everything I'm saying is in reference to you, specifically.

For those who love TLJ, good, and I hope you will enjoy the rest of the franchise.
Thank you.

I've deleted a few posts. Not sure there's much use in continuing that particular fight.

FWIW, I took what Dirk said as a mild exaggeration and was content simply correcting/clarifying what I actually thought in my response. No worries, guys.

I've deleted a few posts. Not sure there's much use in continuing that particular fight.

FWIW, I took what Dirk said as a mild exaggeration and was content simply correcting/clarifying what I actually thought in my response. No worries, guys.
Thank you for doing that. I know she was just trying to get under my skin and that's why I just chose to ignore.

This might just do nobody any good.
The Porgs almost came in different flavors:

Oh, and I forgot to mention this but I really, really liked the opening and feel certain that Paige Tico is one of my favorite characters in the new trilogy despite her lack of, y’know, character. That was all just expertly done.