Which is scarier: reason, or obsession?

Tools    

As Yoda said, physical beings are subject to physical laws, so although aliens may have technology to augment their abilities, they are still more or less like us.

Supernatural beings are on a whole other playing field. They are not bound by physical laws, or at least not nearly to the extent as the living are. They operate according to some strange mental/symbolic rule set that we may not entirely understand, if at all.

There may be ways to stop them, but the methods usually involve a ritual or otherwise symbolic act of appeasement, such as the old one of burying the bones in the proper place...

But it's never a certainty, as the Ring showed, that the entity can be "handled" with a simple "do A, B, and C" formula.

So the supernatural always remains more or less unknown and unpredictable despite attempts to apply an absolute standard with which to handle it.

...or you could just call the Ghostbusters.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'm not so sure ghosts are better than aliens... for all we know, aliens could have bodies that don't die and they may know how to do things with nature and the universe to break laws we think are fixed and controlled and they might turn out worse than any moronic human ghost. I don't care how much access to other realms ghosts may have, aliens could still be a lot scarier.

I would rather deal with a ghost than this.

Seriously, what is a ghost going to do to you? Sure it might steal your soul, but at least it would be painless. I'd rather have a painless death, then some excruciating death by an xenomorph.

I have to ask, why do you find zombies scarier than ghosts? Maybe it's just me, but zombies don't scare me simply because they're so easy to kill.

Seriously, what is a ghost going to do to you? Sure it might steal your soul, but at least it would be painless. I'd rather have a painless death, then some excruciating death by an xenomorph.

I have to ask, why do you find zombies scarier than ghosts? Maybe it's just me, but zombies don't scare me simply because they're so easy to kill.
Would it be easy to kill someone you love who turned?

Would it be easy to kill a crowd of ten thousand mindless cannibals?

Would it be easy to kill someone you love who turned?

Would it be easy to kill a crowd of ten thousand mindless cannibals?
I guess not.

It depends on where you're at. You could be like the guy in the Dawn of the Dead remake sniping them all from his roof.

Still though, I would not want to mess with an xenomorph.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
seriously, though. ghost, alien, zombie - you can link to ****ed up shots of all of them (or their damaged victims) from movies. you can't really compare them in terms of what's scarier.

I guess not.

It depends on where you're at. You could be like the guy in the Dawn of the Dead remake sniping them all from his roof.

Still though, I would not want to mess with an xenomorph.
I guarantee you that death by alien would be quicker and less horrific than death by zombie. Zombies pile on and slowly eat your intestines while you lay there screaming.

And even if you were the sniper on the roof, you're not ever really secure. Part of the horror of zombies is the fact that they are unrelenting and, well, they're dead people.

And even if you were the sniper on the roof, you're not ever really secure. Part of the horror of zombies is the fact that they are unrelenting and, well, they're dead people.
But zombies, with the exception of the Dawn of the Dead remake, move incredibly slow and are very dumb. You'd have a huge advantage over them. In most ghost and alien movies, they're usually very smart.

seriously, though. ghost, alien, zombie - you can link to ****ed up shots of all of them (or their damaged victims) from movies. you can't really compare them in terms of what's scarier.
Relax, ash. It's just for fun.

The loser will be sacrificed to whatever monster they posted in favor of, however.

A ghost did this:

Look painless?
My problem with ghosts is that they never really show how they do this to a person, do they? I still haven't bought into the idea of ghosts doing these wicked things to people's bodies. It just looks silly. They look like zombies giving blowjobs. Give me a break. Show me how it's done and then maybe I'll fear ghosts.

But zombies, with the exception of the Dawn of the Dead remake, move incredibly slow and are very dumb. You'd have a huge advantage over them. In most ghost and alien movies, they're usually very smart.
Yes, but aliens are still living beings, and ghosts are rare. So it's a matter of sheer numbers combined with the fact they're corpses.

My problem with ghosts is that they never really show how they do this to a person, do they? I still haven't bought into the idea of ghosts doing these wicked things to people's bodies. It just looks silly. They look like zombies giving blowjobs. Give me a break. Show me how it's done and then maybe I'll fear ghosts.
I think you're sort of missing the point.

Oftentimes, what makes things scarier is the unexplainable parts.

I dunno, maybe you could call the Ghostbusters and ask for a diagram or something.

Yes, but aliens are still living beings, and ghosts are rare. So it's a matter of sheer numbers combined with the fact they're corpses.
I don't know, corpses just aren't scary to me. They're already dead, why be afraid of a dead person?