THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Was she a fan of Heath before his death? Can she name other films than Brokeback Mountain or 10 Things I Hate About You? Because i've not found many self called fans (post death) who could.
I liked him in Lords of Dogtown, actually, even though I initially hought he was Val Kilmer. LOL. Then when i found out it wasn't Val, I was even more impressed.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

WOW... It’s starting to go Batman crazy over here. I watched it this morning, I haven’t really got anything to contribute to the posts, over than i still think Batman Returns was the best Batman film... So I thought I’d post this because it might be of interest to some of you. A few quotes from Christopher Nolan speaking to the BBC this week. Nothing you didn’t know, infact im sure its outdated for most now... but it’s just pleasant to read how Nolan articulates many views that have already been shared by MoFo members.

About the character of the Joker:
"Batman has always thrived on reinvention and it was very exciting to look in a very fresh way at a character who is almost as iconic as Batman himself… The Joker was always designed to cut through the movie like the shark does in Jaws, and with his evil energy he tests all the other characters"

On working with Heath:
"You could see him take on one thing at a time, a particular prop or item of clothing and you would see the movements and the character's energy develop … He'd figured out how to approach this character and was very excited and confident… Filming with Heath was my favourite part of the movie, just to watch him work. I felt like we went into that day not knowing what we were going to get and coming out with something that was satisfying.. It's been a great relief to me to see people respond to his performance in every way he intended it to affect people. He would be very proud of it."

On another sequel:
“We certainly haven't saved anything for another film. We've put everything we wanted to see in this story into this movie…But then I had no thought of making the second one while I was making Batman Begins”

I don't believe Gilliam has actually come out and said whether or not he intends to add some of Heath's footage to the film. Last thing I saw was to that effect anyway. Apparently there isn't very much of it (footage that is).

I'm vaguely confident that I saw Gilliam say that Heath would introduce the character of Dr Parnassus in the beginning of the film. You see him walk through a mirror and then Dr Parnassus is then played by three different actors through out the film. Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell

Also in reference to other Heath ledger films. He's definitely worth checking out in the Australian Indi film Candy were he plays a heroin addict.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Has it really been 10 years since this epic.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Far out. Is Rattus running the usual for great movies? Chat room open?

Just spewin random thoughts really.

Just hard to fathom in my head that this movie which seems to be so current is a decade (almost) old.

Like growing up watching T2 when I was a kid (91) seemed like an eternity till LOTR (2001) came out.

Suppose it's all relative to time appearing to go faster in adult life.

Look forward to my post in another 10 years time about how I cant believe TDK is 20 years old eh!

this movies will never age, and heath ledger's performance won t be topped by any other joker character, an epic it is

yeah, and it shows
You reckon?

It's cool to dislike good things these days.
Was just wondering what Iroquois thinks has aged the film? Can't think why myself. If anything the Dark Knight triolgy is still quite futuristic with its tech.

was actually thinking of the flip-phones
Isn't that the Matrix or maybe American Psycho??

Although it is a very clear indication of when exactly a post millennium film was released.

Welcome to the human race...
If we want to get into specifics, The Matrix is actually set in a distant future where the Matrix itself is designed to resemble America circa 1999 while American Psycho is an '80s period piece.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Speaking of flip phones, why did Tony Stark have one in the latest Avengers? I guess I could see Cap having one, sort of. But Tony? Are they trying to suggest a time period?

Yeah yeah. Off topic, I know. Just randomly came to mind with the reference above.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Welcome to the human race...
I imagine it's just a burner phone that he only needs for this particular purpose so it doesn't need to be fancy or anything.

Yeah, that makes total sense. It just caught my attention given the context of nanotech. The lingering shot had me question it more than I normally would have I think, even though that pause was for Stark's conflict.

Ok. Thanks!

Please carry on beating down Batman.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Speaking of flip phones, why did Tony Stark have one in the latest Avengers? I guess I could see Cap having one, sort of. But Tony? Are they trying to suggest a time period?

Yeah yeah. Off topic, I know. Just randomly came to mind with the reference above.
Cap gave him that phone at the end of Civil War. I think he even made fun of it.

Cap gave him that phone at the end of Civil War. I think he even made fun of it.

Wait. Was that in the letter delivery at the end? I watched that a few days ago. Maybe I missed the phone.