Beatle's vinly collection

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I have a boatload of vinyl, as well. I won't bother cluttering your thread with pics of stuff I bought recently, though.

What sort of turntable are you spinning these on?

I have a boatload of vinyl, as well. I won't bother cluttering your thread with pics of stuff I bought recently, though.

What sort of turntable are you spinning these on?
Thanks, Sedai. What kind of music do you prefer? Do you like the Beatles?

I wouldn't mind if you did that at all. But you already have your own thread?

Thorens TD 126 Mk III Electronic. It's the best Thorens after Reference, I believe. My dad bought it way back in the 70s, benn playing it like a madman all my life, and driving people nutz, as did he and a sload of other people. Still, it's in a practically unchanged condition. It's new! I've been meaning to get an even better equipment all my life, so last year I went to a store, and when the guy heard what I have, he said forget about it. It's meaningless to buy another one, even if I had 1 000 000 000 000 000$. He said there is no better one, it's a beast of a turntable. There are those References, but you pay 1000 times more to get a sound better by 1/1000.

The Hanlde is Grace, my dad knows which model and the cartridge is Supex.

A system of cells interlinked
My vinyl collection spans multiple styles of music. I used to spin records in the rave scene back in the late 90s and early 00s, so I have a large selection of trance, psytrance, techno, and house music that doesn't see a lot of play these days. Recently, everything from Otis Reading to newer death metal hits the tables. I also have a decent selection of classic rock which includes but is not limited to most of the Pink Floyd catalog, the entire Rush catalog, most of the Led Zeppelin catalog, Supertramp, The Velvet Underground, Yes, ELP, and of course, I have several record from The Beatles. I also have a variety of synthwave/synthpop records, which I consider a guilty pleasure! Also some platters from The Cure, Killing Joke and some newer underground rock eg. Band of Skulls.

I have two Technics 1200 MK3D decks:

I believe I have Stanton carts on them at the moment, if I recall.

I don't have much in the way of vinyl left, after having converted to CD. But I do still have a direct drive turntable and some vinyl for things I simply haven't found on CD. In particular I still have three MFSL OMR recordings....

1) Al Stewart - Year of the Cat.
2) Queen - A Night at the Opera
3) Steely Dan - Aja.

I still have a media player for all the remaining content I have that I'm not able to convert. For example, I still have a Betamax VCR and a Hi8 vcr for a lot of the footage I shot when traveling.

I bought on April 19

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_(Eurythmics_album)

It's really almost back now. A guy at a store told it was gonna go exponentialy in means of new titles re-issued. My demands which are more pop than rock and more a song than album-oriented are here.

It features Here comes the rain again and Who's that girl.

&html5=1

https://eurythmics-ultimate.com/2018...l-their-glory/

Thanks, Sedai. What kind of music do you prefer? Do you like the Beatles?

Thorens TD 126 Mk III Electronic. It's the best Thorens after Reference,

These specific turntables cost upwards of a few grand, right? They must sound pretty incredible. I've never actually heard, let alone own, a turntable that was of high fidelity quality like these are.

I'm looking at it right now. The gramophone itself costed 9000 grand. The handle was more expensive still, the cartridge still. It has a diamond needle in an ellipsoid shape to fit better the records. But that's nothing compared to Thorens Reference which costs hundreds of grands. It's 400 kg heavy to narrow down vibrations. If a f+cking earthquake breaks out it still plays. The most expensive one is 500000 $. I was wrong about Plastic ono band. It costed even more. Sothenby's.

It's a scientific fact lps have incomparably better sound than cd. So it sounds increadible. I can't differ it from actually hearing music itself. Except you hear it from a source. We have Sansui AU-919 amplifier, 2x195 Watts sine power (which means it can hold it forever), 2x500 peak, which it holds for a while. Amplifiers are Acoustic Research AR 9, 500 each. So I get 1 kilowat. Once I played Sgt. Pepper's at about 99%, it was so loud that even in this huge apartment everything was falling appart, it nearly ripped my clothes off and ears off.