Very important
53.42%
39 votes
Not that important
32.88%
24 votes
I don't drink
73 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Over the last year or two i've kind of went through my wild time, when i get drunk usually once or twice a week (went through a good few benders as well) and when i get drunk i usually get really drunk. Now i only really do so if a friend or girlfriend wants to, truthfully though it does nothing for me now. Kinda like weed which i noticed i was only really smoking because my friends did, haven't smoked it since 2012.

If PG has no interest in alcohol then that's great . Not sure why anyone would try to convince someone that alcohol is a necessity but i think PG's comment probably annoyed you Guap because it made you realize you couldn't tell us how awful and unnecessary it is

Don't worry. A little bit of beer doesn't kill anybody. It's like not drinking coffee or tea and actually one can of beer has almost zero effect on your body. I drink beer mostly for the taste not to get really drunk. For drunk I drink Gin or Vodka.

Overall I actually think that not drinking, like EVER, is quite close minded. To never experience the taste of a good lager beer is something like never tasting chocolate and the health risks of drinking one can of it are zero.
If I actually liked the taste of it I wouldn't mind driking it occasionally, my comment was more related to drinking regularly then occasionally.

Originally Posted by Guaporense
Overall I actually think that not drinking, like EVER, is quite close minded. To never experience the taste of a good lager beer is something like never tasting chocolate
Close-minded you say?

Chocolate and beer is no more arbitrary than haggis and pineapple pizza calzones.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Or you'll be an old timey prohibition agent.

The sound is off on my computer right now, so I'll have to watch that clip later, but I doubt I'd ever stop the rest of you from drinking. If you guys want to drink, get drunk, and act like idiots, that's your prerogative. Just don't get behind the wheel of a car and kill an innocent bystander.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I drink it daily but not in same amounts of course, more at parties, few beers normally. I could live without it, but we would rather develop an illegal way to get it than to remove it totally, it's all about **** the system in my city

I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime. The same will happen in those Indian states. You think the husbands of those abused women will just give up drinking and become lovely upstanding citizens? It's those men that should be stopped from abusing their wives not stopping every other law abiding person enjoying a drink. The politicians should try implementing measures to stop domestic abuse not stooping to garner votes from women. Honestly, sorry it's making me mad! I hate that kind of kneejerk politican guesture.

Originally Posted by Camo
Haggis is delicious. Pineapple pizza is awful.
They're both awful. Just like beer and chocolate is awful.

Originally Posted by Camo
Pineapple pizza is awful.
CALZONE. Pineapple Pizza CALZONE.

Originally Posted by christine
I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime.
I always hear this excuse and it always baffles me (just as the +7 rep baffles me).

Does it not say something about the product being banned itself that people were so desperate to keep it around that they went to extremes to keep producing it? Would we have had such an uproar over banning some incidental consumable that wasn't addictive?

I'm not sure how a ban can be blamed for crimes it isn't criminalizing.

Sure, if you ban alcohol that makes criminals of all alcohol dealers, but when those dealers go and buy guns and people wind up dead because their business has gone underground, I wouldn't blame that on the ban, I'd blame that on the idiots that think alcohol is so friggen' important it's worth shooting someone over, and I'd question whether that dangerous behavior can be blamed on the drug they're trafficking.

I agree with all of this:

I don't drink, never did and probably never will. I prefer sports (running, cycling, hockey, tennis, badminton, baseball), cinema, reading (philosophy, litterature, manga) and playing video games to alcool and drugs for entertainment.

As for people who do it because it makes them feel good, puts them in a good state of mind, etc. I understand everyone feels down sometime, I'd say that meditation, reading philosophy and sports is a way more efficient and fruitfull way to deal with yourself.

It's not that I have a moral objection agains't it, just that I don't think it's going to positively affect my life if I start.
I guess I would like to make myself drink a little more just so I a) have the option in social situations without getting tipsy so easily and b) have the option if I need to relax before bed, or something. I hear it's good for that. That's the main reason I'm considering forcing myself to drink a bit semi-regularly. But I will, in fact, have to force myself, because I find it pretty hard to enjoy.

I guess I would like to make myself drink a little more just so have the option if I need to relax before bed, or something. I hear it's good for that.
I suggest Pumpkin Spice Soymilk.