For the first time I'm watching...

→ in
Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Good damn man dont do it! Wait till it comes on TV! You are talking about Twilight right?
yeah I was on about Twilight, is it really that bad dude?

Ill try and find it and watch it. Maybe someone else will take a crack at "view and post". I know Ill read it, and I know there are more literate types than I on here.

Oh Newt dont do it to yourself seriously. In fact youve just inspired a thread idea, No Im not picking on you but trying to save you.

Well boys I took your tip...

Let The Right One In

15 min - Im all about fitting in at MoFo and all, but this movies starting pretty damn slow. The kid cant act a lick, and Im betting he's the producers son. Not a quieter movie have I watched. Im sure though this will pick up unless you all are just hazing me or something.

30 min - Still a very quiet movie. The little girl at times reminds me of Elijah Wood with those big eyes. Im resolved that this will be a slow paced vampire flick. Strangely Im not bored with it. Either the director knows what theyre doing or Norway truly is the creepiest land on earth. Will get back to this tomorrow.

Nope I had to go to bed. Now Ill watch 30 min or so before going into work then Ill finish er off tonight.

Sorry about my comment on the acting. It was the dubbing thats so awful. Ive learned by watching TONS of Kung Fu with my friends always watch subtitles over dubbed cause dubbing just kills the acting.

Contd. Let The Right One In..

This director reminds me of Will Eisner. To those that dont know Will Eisner was the creator, writer, and artist of the original comic book The Spirit. Eisners art was strong, but it was his layout ability which was second to none. He always knew how to present the picture fopr maximum effect.

45 min - Oskar is a strange piece o business. Taking a buggy whip to the face with no reaction...thats weird. Maybe his childhood vampire friend will bring him out of his shell, eh?! Cool scene with the cat. Wonder what they did to make it hiss on cue.

1 hour - Whoa! Her daddy wasnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. I could think of alot better ways to kill yourself without pouring acid on your face. It wasnt even enough to do the job! The poor girl sees her disfigured daddy! Being a vampire of course whats required is for her to drink his blood. We would just go on Dr Phil.

More to come, but I gtg to work.

Cool scene with the cat. Wonder what they did to make it hiss on cue.
I know how you do that. That cat is probably male, if you hold up another unknown male cat in its general area (where it's not going to get in shot of course) it'll hiss .

1h 15min - Well good for Oskar! He thwacked that kid good with the stick! (too bad it didnt hit the voice actor). Uh oh! Oskars looking like hes getting into it too much. Hope his girlfriend didnt give him a hickey.

The amount of dialogue in this movie makes me think the book was 12 pages long. Oh damn Oskar. Doing bloodbrothers with her?! Could you have found a worse way?! Whoa! Well she aint 10 yrs old!

Oh damn people this dubbing's just rotten! The vampire girls actually good, Oskar Ive gotten used too, but good luck finding something of worth elsewhere. Oops! Vampire girl got punted!

ROFLMFAO! Never in my life have I seen cats attack a vampire! Is this like the last Indiana Jones where the monkies attacked the russians?! Ok this movies picked up. Ill post later with the finish, but I gtg for a couple hrs.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You see, I don't really know what you're specifically talking about because I watched it in Swedish with English subtitles. I believe that's the way you would have seen it at the American theatres anyway, so I ONLY watch "dubbed" movies when that's the only way they're available.

You see, I don't really know what you're specifically talking about because I watched it in Swedish with English subtitles. I believe that's the way you would have seen it at the American theatres anyway, so I ONLY watch "dubbed" movies when that's the only way they're available.
Hey Mark. Yeah dont I know it. The worst voice actor in the entire film's the main bully that picks on Oskar. Like something from a nosecold and helium.

Let The Right One In final

Possibly the worst vampiric fate was the blond that survived Elis attack, turns into a vampire - no manual available, gets attacked by a trailer load of cats, and then burns to death.

Oskar must have been on the road to being a mentally effed up kid, but Elis keeping him from becoming a sicko. No Im serious "Oskar, I do it because I have to. Be me, for a while." When a vampire serves as a good big brother thats bad parenting.

Those poor stupidassed bullies. Possibly the dumbest adult displayed in this film is Oskars swim instructor. Theyre methodically drowning little mellow Oskar! At least in The Outsiders Leif Garrett was drunk, but these are little kids comparatively. Sweden! fugedaboudit Oops! Well that takes care of that problem.

Well good flick. Open for a sequel which might be fitting for this story. Better than the last 3 M Night films for sure. Light years better than Twilight! I was sympathetic for Eli, but at no time fearful for Oskar. The director has real talent, and the girl should have a career ahead of her. Without a doubt Oskar was the strangest character in the film. Kids today...

Kids...

-cut then paste on last line of my post-

It was just a quip. The wardrobe was like the seventies or even the sixties at times. Good flick, but you can find mistakes if you look hard enough on most things.

Welcome to the human race...
I never really got the impression that any of the clothes were from the '60s or '70s but that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't exist at all in the '80s.

It's set in the early-mid 80's (as will the American remake be, BTW) although there are audio clues throughout the film (mentions of USSR and nuclear power, etc) the fact that there's a Rubik's cube centres it firmly in that period.

Also, I'd highly recommend seeing it properly, i.e. with subtitles. I really can't imagine how different an experience LTROI must've been dubbed. Like mark, I'll only watch a dubbed version if it's the only one available. I'm waiting for a cheap copy of Time Crimes (subtitled) to become available. I saw a cheap one but it was dubbed, so I passed it up.

Im looking forward to the american remake of Let The Right One In. I feel it will be better.

Remember this entire thread is spoilers

The International

3min 43 sec - Ow damn! Thathadtohurt!!! Great beginning to this one.
Ah! Same guy that directed Heaven. With Clive Owens & Naomi Watts Ill get my acting fix for sure. Its always great when real talented actosr decide to do action (See Liam Neeson in Taken).

13min 20 sec - Hmph?! I wonder if stickling your head in freezing cold water to remember something would work?