Movie Trade-off 'game'

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I'm thinking random assignment so that it doesn't get complicated, and then people can pm each other and figure out which movies they'll both be watching and then post them in here for our curiousity's sake haha and then i'd like the discussions to be in here because it would be interesting to see what everyone thought of the movie they were assigned

So i'll probably assign people partners once we get 16 players...i dunno why but that sounds like a nice number

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I think this is a superb idea but without the benefit of Netflix here in the UK it might be hard to pick up some movies. Therefore I'll give plus rep and politely decline...I'm sure the world will keep turning though

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I just wanted to say I think this is a great idea. Unfortunatlly I don't think I can participate.
1. I'm saving for a wedding and can't afford to be buying one new movie a week.
2. Yes I could rent, but I'm terrible at returning rentals on time and have over due fines spread across this city.
3. I don't download. Its against my religion. *laugh*
4. I also don't have that magical thing called Netflix (oh boy I sure wish I did).

But I just wanted to say Hurrah to you guys! great idea. Have fun!

(I might be able to do the movie club thing I saw mentioned. I like the idea of seeing a movie say once a month then having a big old discussion about it with a bunch of folks)

Anyway.. hurrah!

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'll do it.

There are 13 of us now. One more number makes it even. You're not going to like . . . not do this if we never make it to 16, are you?
Yooohooo Caity?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I can take on two if you need just one more.

Rice, I recall certain evenings where you were like, "Where's the answers?" "Where's the answers?"
So like . . . "When are you starting this?" "When are you starting this?"

Haha sorry, it has been a horrrrrible past couple of weeks, i still don't know what's wrong with my throat i have been poked and prodded and ultra sounded and cat scanned and we get the cat scan results back tomorrow so hopefully i can get me some pills! Plus that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest paper i've been writing i'm way behind in and i'm soooo unmotivated, i don't even feel like i go to that high school anymore, i already have my student id for Moorhead and my class schedules, and the exact time and place of my classes next year, i have like....6 or 7 hours or something like that just of movie classes so excited, so yeah high school is a bitch right now i don't need aaaany of the classes to graduate i already have all my credits wow i'm ranting so anyway...

Yeah we can start with however many we have now, i'm gonna write everyone's usernames down and draw them out of a not-so-hat and see who gets who

Godoggo with Iroquois
Linespalsy with Mark f
Destiny with Lennon
Me and The Usual Suspect
Spudracer and Igor_is_fugly (i know she's not that active but if you need to talk to her ever just tell me and i'll call her and she'll go on )

and our group of three is movieman, swan and Mrs. Darcy

i'm going to send private messages to everyone telling them who their partners are so everyone find your partner and pick a movie and post them here and you guys can figure out a time limit between yourselves i think.

How did you match us up, and will these rotate, or are these how they will always be?

Yeah, I just saw the "hat" part of your post. So, will the hat be used again . . .

So, how is this going to work since there are three of us? Anyways, Swan needs to watch the director's cut of Leon.

Yeah, it will rotate, you shouldn't have your current partner more than once unless this game survives that long haha