My Favorite Animated Voice Performances

Tools    

Peter O'Toole as the voice of Anton Ego in Ratatouille

The late great Sir O'Toole brought sophistication and wit to this character, an arrogant food critic.

Ben Stiller as the voice of Alex in Madagasgar

Stiller brought a very fun quality to Alex, a lion who has spent all his life performing in a Manhattan zoo, who finds his cozy existence turned upside down.

Will Smith as Oscar in Shark Tale

Smith really seems to enjoy this character, a fish who wants more out of life who is mistakenly given credit for the death of a shark, who was the son of a shark mafioso (voiced by Robert De Niro) and decides to ride this infamy to easy street.

Patrick Warburton as Ken in The Bee Movie

Warburton had me on the floor with this character...Ken is the insecure boyfriend of Vanessa (voiced by Renee Zelwegger) who can't accept the fact that his girlfriend is having a relationship with a bee (voiced by Jerry Seinfeld). Warburton has provided a lot of laughs for me over the years, but I don't think he's ever been funnier than he was in this movie.

Jodi Benson as Barbie in Toy Story 2 & 3

Benson garnered a surprising amount of laughs as America's favorite doll...she was especially funny in the third film, where Barbie meets Ken (voiced by Michael Keaton) for the first time.

David Schwimmer as Melman in Madagasgar

Schwimmer was surprisingly funny as a giraffe who is a hypochondriac.

Danny DeVito as Mr. Swackhammer in Space Jam

De Vito was very funny as the alien mastermind who will stop at nothing to win an interplanetary basketball game.

Lou Romano as Linguini in Ratatouille

Romano gave a nerdy charm to this character, a restaurant maintenance man who becomes the toast of the Parisian culinary scene, thanks to a rat named Remy.

Mel Gibson as Rocky in Chicken Run

Gibson's voice work is the best thing about this cartoon about an independent chicken who becomes a reluctant hero to a group of chickens held virtual prisoner at a farm where they are being bred exclusively for extinction.

Chris Rock as Marty in Madagasgar

Rock did some major scene-stealing as the domesticated zebra who is bored with his 10 years in a Manhattan zoo and wants to try life "in the wild."

John Goodman as Sully in Monsters Inc.

Goodman is genuinely moving as a monster who comes to defense of someone who is supposed to be his natural enemy...a little girl named Boo (voiced by Mary Gibbs).

Sylvester Stallone as Weaver in Antz

Stallone garnered major chuckles as a soldier ant who trades places with his best friend, worker ant Z (voiced by Woody Allen) so that Z can hook up with a princess.

Jack Black as Lenny in Shark Tale

This was great voice work because until I actually saw it in the credits, I had NO idea it was Jack Black voicing this character.

Patton Oswalt as Remy in Ratatouille

The Kings of Queens co-star brought a wonderful Felix Unger quality to this film's central character.

Sebastian Cabot as Bagheera the Panther in The Jungle Book

Cabot brought an air of sophistication to the proceedings as the voice of this sleek panther.