bring someone back!

Tools    

Right, this thread was obviously supposed to be a solmen and serious exercise. How dare I add artists that I think made the world a better place with their presence.

BTW, I think Chris Farley and C.S. Lewis would get along swimmingly together.

Billy Shakespeare
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

thanks guys.......very entertaining.

holden, how's the evening going? you're crackin' me up.

i second madelaine kahn and abraham lincoln.
and i'm putting peter falks name in so he can get a "pre"second chance and never die in the first place.

Nope, not really sensitive. Just firm. I don't think you're evil...just a little too flippant sometimes.

I won't harp on it. But I won't ignore it either. Then again, I may eventually, when I've become fully convinced that I'm wasting my time.

(the orange shows up a little better on the lighter background, I think.)

I think you missed an "s" that first time 'round. All better now, though.

Sorry to hear I'm wasting my time (at least in your mind). I can't say I fully believe you. You may not believe me when I say this, but I do believe you're reasonable enough to be open to other points of view. Hopefully you won't prove me wrong.

You know me: constantly flippant, constantly editing
Nothing wrong with the second part.

And no, I'm not really that open.
I think you are. Or can be. You're an intelligent man, it seems, so I'd find it hard to believe that you're really close-minded. You're probably putting me on...as usual. Fair enough...not everyone likes talking seriously or personally online. Perfectly understandable.

Originally posted by Holden Pike

But hey, at least we're amusing Patti.

cary grant, yes, audrey hephburn, yes........hey.....why didn't they ever hook up?

on a more serious note though.........i'd bring back my gramma.............DEFINITELY.

Walter Benjamin

Favorite Oriole ever? Brooks Robinson, for sure. But I'm a Yankees fan. Always have been, always will be. Favorite Yankees? Where does one start? Mickey, Yogi, Gehrig, Reg-gie, Winfield, Mattingly, Joe D., Bernie, The Goose, Catfish, Guidry, Nettles, The Scooter, Billy Martin, The Babe, Jeter, Bucky Dent and on and on and on.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Mark Twain
Buddy Holly
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Mickey Mantle grew up playing baseball in my town. Kinda our claim to fame outside of the fact that we're the home of the first lite baseball game.

Can't say I like the Yanks. In fact, if it were reasonable to actually hate a baseball team, they'd be my first victims. Needless to say, last year's World Series was pure bliss. Unfortunately, until the Pirates pick up (assuming it ever happens), I'm reduced to cheering against teams I dislike. It's something you get used to when you live in Pittsburgh.

michelangelo