Fallout (Amazon Prime show)

Tools    

I’ve never played a video game. Will that ruin the show for me? I can watch it for free on Prime & thought I’d give it a shot.

I’ve never played a video game. Will that ruin the show for me?
Not at all. It's getting great reviews from people who know nothing about the game, though obviously there's lots of cute little nods to the games for players to enjoy.

Whether it'll be your speed otherwise, dunno. All I'll say is to go in thinking of it like a live action cartoon. There'll be a lot of over the top things, like violence, but you'll quickly see they're played up as absurd and not as real trauma.

The show matches the game's vibe and aesthetic really well, though, and there's really no other world with quite the same feel. It's very distinct, very itself.

Not at all. It's getting great reviews from people who know nothing about the game, though obviously there's lots of cute little nods to the games for players to enjoy.

Whether it'll be your speed otherwise, dunno. All I'll say is to go in thinking of it like a live action cartoon. There'll be a lot of over the top things, like violence, but you'll quickly see they're played up as absurd and not as real trauma.

The show matches the game's vibe and aesthetic really well, though, and there's really no other world with quite the same feel. It's very distinct, very itself.
Thank you much.

Just finished up Fallout on Prime. It started out kind of slow (at least to me). But I just figured it was because I don't play video games so I had zero familiarity with the story outside of it being post apocalyptic. But it certainly got better at least to the point where I kept starting additional episodes. A lot of that had to with the way they set up the S1 arc. With numerous mysteries to be delved into and sussed out.

What happened in Vault 32 and what's going on with the Overseers? The origins of the Ghoul (Walton Goggins refuses to disappoint you no matter what the role). Vault-Tec Corporation and the Enclave and the New Republic of California. They crammed a lot in but it didn't feel overstuffed (at least to me). They did set up a S2 and I looked up enough about the game to assume it'll be based on Fallout: New Vegas. I'll definitely check it out.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I feel like Walton Goggins was born to play the Ghoul, honestly. As someone who has never really been interested in the games (I played some of 3, but never stuck with it), I enjoyed the show a pretty good amount. There were some things I wasn't too interested in - if I'm honest, the stuff with the Overseers and the Vaults, while, not bad, usually left me wishing I was back on the surface with Lucy.