Hammer Horror:
Universal:
Blumhouse: Get Out
Supernatural: It
Three different Countries:
Sweden: Let The Right One In
Ireland: Shrooms
Spain: REC 2

Added Contracted (Body Horror) and REC 2 (Spain).

24/31

October 24th Body Horror The Curse of Frankenstein (1958)

October 25th Horror Sequel Revenge of Frankenstein (1959)

October 26th Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) Sequel

October 27th The Horror of Frankenstein (1970)

Decided to check out the long running Hammer series of Frankenstein films. Peter Cushing stars in the first three, Christopher Lee shows up as the first monster we get a reboot in 1970 that fails though watchable. All in all the series is good most of the movies take a long time to get to the point but when they do it's worth it. My favorite in the bunch is Frankenstein created Woman where Cushing is really a background character and the plot centers around a woman possessed by her dead lover who is out to murder the men that set him up.

They rebooted the series in 1970, retelling a different origin tale with a bit more darkly comical and sexual film. Ralph Bates is a bit too cartoonish for my take, inviting people into his basement and doing away with them.

October 1st - Faust (1926) - Silent -

October 2nd - Mystery at the Wax Museum (1933) - Slasher

October 3rd - Phantom of the Opera (1943) - Universal -

October 4th - Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (1948)- Creature Feature -

October 5th -Carry on Screaming(1966) - Horror/Comedy -

October 6th - Tobe Hooper/Salem's Lot (1979)- Hooper -

October 7th - Firestarter (1984) - Supernatural -

October 8th - Forbidden World(1982) - Birth Year -

October 9th -Two Evil Eyes (1990) - Romero -

October 10th - The Dead Zone (1984) - Foreign -

October 11th - Village of the Damned (1996) - John Carpenter -

October 12th - The Den (2013) - Found Footage -

October 13th - Friday the 13th (1980) - rewatch a favorite
[/quote]
October 14th - Happy Death Day (2017) - Blumhouse

October 15th - The Bride (1976) -

October 16th - Extraordinary Tales (2013)- Anthology

October 17th - All Cheerleaders Die (2013) - from this decade

October 18th - The People Under the Stairs (1991) - Wes Craven

October 19th - 13 Ghosts (1960) - William Castle

October 20th - Cat O'Nine Tails(1971) - Argento

October 21st - The Grudge(2002) Foreign - Japan

October 22nd - Creepshow(1982)

October 23rd - Hell(2011) Foreign - Germany - rating_2_5[/rating]
October 24th - The Curse of Frankenstein (1958) Body Horror

October 25th - Revenge of Frankenstein (1959) Sequel

October 26th - Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) Sequel

October 27th The Horror of Frankenstein (1970) Hammer

Lord of Tears (2013)

Directed By: Lawrie Brewster
This movie was pretty bad. Clearly a passion project by a student or something, you can see that there was thought put into it but it still falls short. I liked the look of Owlman but other then that I don't have anything really positive to say so I'd rather say nothing at all.

I give it 3 dead nanny girlfriends out of 8 color graded nightmares

Category: Countries (Scotland)

Rosmeary's Baby (1968)

Directed By: Roman Polanski
I understand now why this movie is a classic. I loved this movie. Everything was so on point, and my god those dream sequences were done so well. I loved all the acting and writing, it was done in a way that made you question what was really going on, in a simmilar way to Shutter Island. I really should have seen this sooner

I give it 4 satan juniors out of 9 stinky charms

Category: Highest Rated

Haxan (1922)

Directed By: Benjamin Christensen
I don't know if I'm just too young or something but I really dont understand the appeal of this film. I watched it with some friends and a lot of the costume and makeup effects are cool, aswell as the information, but it just didn't do much for me. I honestly have nothing to say or critique. Maybe someone can school me on the importance of the film but I probably still won't like it.

I give it 4 hmmmms out of 9 uhhhhhhs

Category: SIlent Film

AND THATS 31!!!
It was a really great time reading everyones reviews thanks everyone for participating. Hope we do this again next year.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL @ lawrie who I had a huge punch up with years ago for stiffing movie nerds when their crowd funded videos did not arrive. Regular mail to me most days is delivery next day. For that other mail and OS posting - a week. For poor crybaby Lawrie, a year all the way from sunny england. Gee letting donators know would have been totally acceptable; his behaviour clearly was not. I had invited some film makers to that board some time earlier. His wig out pushed them back out the door. Noone wants to deal with that lil boy tirade.
Very very unpro! I will think twice before ever helping out a fella or female up an coming director so your loss. Good job. *skips down the street giggling*. The only few who at the time supported him were already aware of how long it might possibly take. So sad you have left it covered in dust on the kitchen bench top, you very mean man!!! That sweet owl.

And 3 2 1 for Lawrie to appear with a flourish when he finds this comes up on his first google search and needs to take me on again. I welcome that feeble challenge.

Hey Lawrie, number of times we have watched it since it turned up over a year later---------------zero. Your direction and writing was simply way too high brow for our feeble leetle minds. Good job, lil fella. And hilarious you couldnt contain your total meltdown to that forum owner but took it to fb as well for the entire world to watch.

Let the games begin. Winner starts crying first.

By they way big fella, that was my birthday gift to myself. You made a lil girl's heart break into a gazillion shards of crystal...meth

LOL @ lawrie who I had a huge punch up with years ago for stiffing movie nerds when their crowd funded videos did not arrive. Regular mail to me most days is delivery next day. For that other mail and OS posting - a week. For poor crybaby Lawrie, a year all the way from sunny england. Gee letting donators know would have been totally acceptable; his behaviour clearly was not. I had invited some film makers to that board some time earlier. His wig out pushed them back out the door. Noone wants to deal with that lil boy tirade.
Very very unpro! I will think twice before ever helping out a fella or female up an coming director so your loss. Good job. *skips down the street giggling*. The only few who at the time supported him were already aware of how long it might possibly take. So sad you have left it covered in dust on the kitchen bench top, you very mean man!!! That sweet owl.

And 3 2 1 for Lawrie to appear with a flourish when he finds this comes up on his first google search and needs to take me on again. I welcome that feeble challenge.

Hey Lawrie, number of times we have watched it since it turned up over a year later---------------zero. Your direction and writing was simply way too high brow for our feeble leetle minds. Good job, lil fella. And hilarious you couldnt contain your total meltdown to that forum owner but took it to fb as well for the entire world to watch.

Let the games begin. Winner starts crying first.

By they way big fella, that was my birthday gift to myself. You made a lil girl's heart break into a gazillion shards of crystal...meth
wow

A system of cells interlinked
Romero: Night of the Living Dead
Carpenter: The Thing (1982)
Craven: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hooper: Poltergeist
Castle:
Fulci: The Beyond
Argento:
Home Invasion: The Devil's Candy
Creature Feature: An American Werewolf in London
Slasher: Sleepaway Camp
Zombie:
Vampire: Byzantium
Comedy/Horror: The Cabin in the Woods
Banned: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Silent:
Rewatch a Favourite: Pet Sematary
Found Footage: The Tunnel
Body Horror: Contracted
Anthologies (2 or 3): V/H/S, Trick r Treat
From the Year you were born:
This Decade: Annabelle Creation
Two Horror Sequels: Paranormal Activity 3, Paranormal Activity 4
Highest Rated: The Monster (2016)
Hammer Horror:
Universal: The Bride of Frankenstein

Fell a bit short, only completing 26/31.

Romero: Night of the Living Dead
Carpenter: The Thing (1982)
Craven: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hooper: Poltergeist
Castle:
Fulci: The Beyond
Argento:
Home Invasion: The Devil's Candy
Creature Feature: An American Werewolf in London
Slasher: Sleepaway Camp
Zombie:
Vampire: Byzantium
Comedy/Horror: The Cabin in the Woods
Banned: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Silent:
Rewatch a Favourite: Pet Sematary
Found Footage: The Tunnel
Body Horror: Contracted
Anthologies (2 or 3): V/H/S, Trick r Treat
From the Year you were born:
This Decade: Annabelle Creation
Two Horror Sequels: Paranormal Activity 3, Paranormal Activity 4
Highest Rated: The Monster (2016)
Hammer Horror:
Universal: The Bride of Frankenstein

Fell a bit short, only completing 26/31.
Hey man 26 is stiil awesome. Gald you kept at it, would have been nice to see some reviews but maybe next year :P

I watched a lot of movies that weren't horror films, so I didn't really go all out on the challenge. I actually watched part of Kwaidan and most of VHS2 as well. I bailed on several movies that I watched a chunk of. In total I think I watched more than 31 movies in October. It was a fun month.

My favorites were Possession, The Wailing (though I watched it just before October started), Bedevilled, Santa Sangre, .REC, and The Addiction.

Train to Busan (again I watched it in September), Happy Death Day, and Poltergeist were also very good. I had mixed feelings about Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Kristy, and Shivers.

Day of the Dead and Mother of Tears were just okay. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I Spit on Your Grave was the most disappointing because I was hoping it would be good. But the worst of the worst was definitely They Live. I'm going to watch The Fog before I write Carpenter off completely.

Wes Craven has always been a director that I've disliked, and I just couldn't bring myself to watch The People Under the Stairs, or anything else of his for that matter. Fulci was extremely disappointing because he has a reputation as an iconic horror director, but his movies are so cheesy with horribly wooden acting.

What I most want to see on my list that I didn't get to yet are The Human Centipede II and Haxan.

What about you guys? What were your favorites/least favorites?

Welcome to the human race...

Hour of the Wolf (Ingmar Bergman, 1968) -

CATEGORY: Another country (3/3)

Bergman's foray into psychological horror barely seems distinguishable from many of his non-horror films, but considering the quality of the average Bergman film that's an acceptable trade-off. There's a real complexity to its tale of Max von Sydow's anguished artist being forced to confront his demons during an island retreat that may not necessarily translate into shocks or even slow-burning dread, but it's still a solid experience that can't wholly be processed on a single viewing and is arguably all the better for it.

Holidays (various, 2016) -

CATEGORY: Anthology (2/2)

Yeah, so I skipped over The ABCs of Death due to time constraints and settled on an anthology that takes the horror genre's well-worn connection to public holidays and...well, churns out a handful of shorts of varying (but generally not very high) levels of quality. Most of the segments are extremely messy and prone to a lot of the same flaws such as incredibly abrupt conclusions, emphasis on grossness at the expense of actual terror, and ill-advised attempts at black humour. The stand-out by some distance is the "Father's Day" segment, which works precisely because it avoids all the aforementioned flaws and delivers a genuinely decent tale of dramatically potent dread. However, one good segment is not nearly enough to make up for seven bad ones.

13 Ghosts (William Castle, 1960) -

CATEGORY: Castle

I wasn't exactly looking forward to re-watching House on Haunted Hill (which has its charms but not enough to make a third viewing seem particularly enticing), but after watching 13 Ghosts I wonder if I might have been better off doing just that. I guess it's not helped by the ghost-viewer gimmick that obviously isn't trying to accommodate people who would try to watch the movie at home without 3-D glasses - is it fair to hold that against the film since that's clearly the main draw? Sure, why not - the film can't really hold up beyond its gimmickry anyway and its aw-shucks plotting only maintains so much interest even with such a brief running time.

Welcome to the human race...
My final results...

Watch one from each of the following Directors:
George Romero The Crazies
John Carpenter Body Bags
Wes Craven A Nightmare on Elm Street
Tobe Hooper Lifeforce
Dario Argento - Opera
Lucio Fulci City of the Living Dead
William Castle 13 Ghosts
Watch Two Horror Anthologies Holidays, Tales from the Crypt
Watch a Horror film from the year you were born Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Watch Two Horror Sequels Halloween H20, A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge
Watch a Silent Horror Film Häxan
Rewatch a Favourite Army of Darkness
Watch a Comedy Horror Wolfcop
Watch a horror film from three different countries Hour of the Wolf (Sweden), Eyes Without a Face (France), Krysar (Czech Republic)
Watch any Slasher Film A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
A Movie From This Decade Gerald's Game
Watch any Hammer Horror Film Asylum
Watch a Universal Horror Film Dracula
Watch a Film that has been banned in a Country The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Watch a film from the following sub-genres
Zombie Train to Busan
Body Horror Spring
Home Invasion You're Next
Creature Feature Black Water
Supernatural - Inferno
Found Footage Afflicted
Vampire Vampyr (1932)
Watch the highest rated Horror film you haven't seen: It (2017)

Now ranked from approximately best to worst...

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Army of Darkness

Inferno
Krysar

Hour of the Wolf
Eyes Without A Face
Häxan
Train to Busan
The Crazies
Opera
Dracula (1931)
It (2017)

You're Next
Tales From The Crypt (1972)
Lifeforce
City of the Living Dead
Vampyr
Gerald's Game

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Body Bags
Asylum
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Afflicted
Black Water
Spring

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
Holidays
13 Ghosts (1960)
Wolfcop
A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge

So yeah, 31/31 and only three re-watches. Think that went alright.