Favorite Batman Villian

Tools    

In terms of character, I would say Bane.

He matches Batman in every way, and could of had his life if he wanted to, yet despite his strength and intelligence, you see he is still human with human emotions. His actions derived from the one he loves, and it is this human vulnerability coupled with his strength is what is most inspiring about this character.

Very close runner up is Ledger's Joker for sure, an interesting character for sure. A man without remorse or any apparent vulnerability (mentally wise), he reminds me of a Chinese saying: You can not overcome that which does not resist. He wants chaos for chaos sake - a very interesting character indeed.

The very first Batman movie back in 89' will always be my favorite ... Despite the fact that Michael Keaton played the hero. Jack Nicholson did too good of a job... Heath just can't topple the original joker... He did such a great job in the Shining...

Well, I've only seen Batman Returns, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. And based on those three films, it's The Joker for me.

In the movies, Ledger's Joker was probably the best. a timeless performance.

In the comics, I would say Two-Face is one of Batman's greatest foes, because he's based on Bruce's guilts. Both movies failed big time in trying to capture the true meaning of Harvey Two-Face.

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I absolutely despised Tim Burton's imagining of The Joker, which is bazaar because I really enjoy Jack Nicholson, but I feel like they plucked out the worst version of The Joker imaginable. I love how Nolan's version simply came out of nowhere, and didn't generically fall into chemicals. There has always been two main-origins for The Joker, and I think that Tim Burton chose the worst one. I also think having The Joker be responsible for the death of Batman's parents was stupid and unneeded. Ultimately, I think that Jack Nicholson did as well as The Joker character could've been done at that time, whereas Heath Ledger pulled out a career-defining performance. Tom Hardy didn't do bad as Bane either, and I thought Scarecrow was well-played, but the character never got a chance to strengthen itself. So, ultimately, much like a lot of people, I'm going with Heath Ledger's The Joker, and rightfully so.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Ledger's Joker was fantastic, it is very hard to go first when you have something like that, so for me it is him.But i liked Bane also and he was the guy who beat up our Bat the most...I like Two Face but only in comics,Tommy's Two Face wasnt good,Eckhart's was better but still...He dosent have Two Faces just so he can look like a monster...

Finished here. It's been fun.
I thought Bane was an awesome villain in TKDR. Although they did kind of neuter him towards the end of the film. I thought he was a force to be reckoned with.

I thought Bane was an awesome villain in TKDR. Although they did kind of neuter him towards the end of the film. I thought he was a force to be reckoned with.
I agree i really enjoyed Hardy as Bane, after initially dreading a horrible performance. I can't see past Ledger's Joker as the best Batman/comic book villain though. He's one of my top 5 villains ever.

This is what I disliked, his character started off strong but the third act I thought was really poor, after all the build up of his character...

WARNING: "TDKR" spoilers below
They just kill him off really quickly and easily and replaced him with an undoubtedly less frightening/scary woman

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah that's what I thought too. They kind of neutered him and in my opinion he was kind of Bobba Fetted lol. I thought the final act of TDKR was rather weak. I cannot for the life of me understand how TDKR holds a 8.6 rating on IMDB. That's higher than Citizen Kane,Raging Bull, Jaws and so many other masterpieces.

On the outside looking in.
Can it be anyone but The Joker? The Clown Prince of Crime is not merely Batman's best villain, but the best villain in comics, period. Runner-up for Best Batman Villain would have to be Catwoman, whose agenda is always in question (always a great trait for an arch-nemesis).

I think my profile pic says it all...

From the Nolan series it would be Joker for me!

Loved both Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson's jokers. Also loved Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy, the only reason to watch BATMAN AND ROBIN. As for the 60's television show, nobody topped Frank Gorshin as The Riddler.