The Pact

→ in
Tools    

I was pleasantly surprised with 'The Pact II'. I was prepared for a 'B' grade horror flick but this definitely was not one of those.
The basic plot was there --- a young woman (Nichole) convinces her sister (Annie) to come home after the death of their Mother even though they didn't have a good relationship with their Mother. When Annie arrives at the mother's home, Nichole has gone missing and strange things start to happen...

The lead character, played by Caity Lotz does exactly what you would think a person should do in her situation, she gets the hell out of the house when things start to happen to her. And she fights back instead of being the 'victim' when faced with a supernatural entity in the house.

It sounds like your run of the mill horror flick, but believe me, it turns out to be a lot more than that. As Annie searches for answers about the ghost, she unravels a whole new plot which is what makes this movie so intriguing and one of the better movies I,ve seen in a while.

Caity Lotz does a great job, especially since she has such little dialogue and is basically alone through a lot of the movie.
Haley Hudson also really stands out, she plays Stevie, Annie's old school acquaintance who is blind and just happens to be able to contact the dead. Her character was pretty scary, almost as much as the entity in the house.

They definitely could have left the last scene out, I didn't like it very much at all but, it didn't take anything away from the movie for me.

Overall 'The Pact II' was for me a well done low budget film. I would recommend watching it. I know that I will watch it again soon.

allwebaccessories.com

Sorry, made a mistake with the Subject title. It should read 'The Pact II'