Alvin and the chipmunks 2: the squeakuel

Tools    

Hi guys,

i found it kinda weird how you didn't have a thread for this movie, the sequel to the 2007 alvin and the chipmunks movie.

anyways, i just wanted to say i am absolutely disgusted by this movie. i know kids will love this, but does anyone really want to see this movie rule the Box office when it is released? it's just frightening to think a film like this can make so muuch money when other films that are absolute gems don't make a dime.
I find it funny how they hire big stars like justin long and a few other heartthrob actors to VOICE the three main chipmunks. and they get some comedian girls for the chipettes. what's the point when the chipmunks' voices are altered to begin with??? does that make sense to anyone?!

I also love how they introduced the chipettes for the 2nd movie..i don't think they could've done anything else better to fill up more seats. and the fact that this is directed by a woman, Betty Thomas, is even more repulsive. you'd think with the way the industry talks about the lack of women directors...women directors would make good movies. well thats not the case when this kinda movie rolls around.
just wanted to put that out there and by the way, did NOT find this anywhere in these boards in search. just a heads up.

i found it kinda weird how you didn't have a thread for this movie, the sequel to the 2007 alvin and the chipmunks movie.
Oh ya, what a shocker. This movie warrants pages and pages of discussion.

you'd think with the way the industry talks about the lack of women directors...women directors would make good movies.
Like say, this one?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."