the man who heard voices

Tools    

As i mentioned in my only other post, I read an article in Entertainmnet Weekly, it had a snippet of the book written about m. night. I also mentioned how much I loved the village, It was really moving to me. I am fun like that. I have tried to catch this and that when and where I could about night. I have never really followed a director before. This is new to me. But I was thrilled about Lady. I have ordered the book from amazon and am looking foreward to reading it. I just wondered if any one else has read it and what they think.
And about him being hot, wow, he is such a cutie! which makes his cameos that much better!
could that post be any more disjointed? sorry, i have had all these thoughts in my head for weeks and no one to tell them to, so they are all just rushing out!

I know this isn't the right thread... but I have to say, in regards to the village, I knew when the woman had a say, a vote that something strange was up, in that time or what i assumed was that time, women had no voice... so that made me watch it with a different eye. I liked how pure the love was between bryce's character and pheonix. But the worse thing about what they did, was use fear to control the village. that was the biggest problem (not with the story, but with the actual village)... but isn't that what we do as a society? And I think we all want to make a better place for out kids... but that is extreme... and aren't there people doing extreme things in the name of protecting their kids these days? I don't think anyone knew noah dressed up like the creature... that was the point... right? ok... sorry, casing rabbits, it is my thing!

Originally Posted by texaskris
As i mentioned in my only other post, I read an article in Entertainmnet Weekly, it had a snippet of the book written about m. night. I also mentioned how much I loved the village, It was really moving to me. I am fun like that. I have tried to catch this and that when and where I could about night. I have never really followed a director before. This is new to me. But I was thrilled about Lady. I have ordered the book from amazon and am looking foreward to reading it. I just wondered if any one else has read it and what they think.
And about him being hot, wow, he is such a cutie! which makes his cameos that much better!
could that post be any more disjointed? sorry, i have had all these thoughts in my head for weeks and no one to tell them to, so they are all just rushing out!

I know this isn't the right thread... but I have to say, in regards to the village, I knew when the woman had a say, a vote that something strange was up, in that time or what i assumed was that time, women had no voice... so that made me watch it with a different eye. I liked how pure the love was between bryce's character and pheonix. But the worse thing about what they did, was use fear to control the village. that was the biggest problem (not with the story, but with the actual village)... but isn't that what we do as a society? And I think we all want to make a better place for out kids... but that is extreme... and aren't there people doing extreme things in the name of protecting their kids these days? I don't think anyone knew noah dressed up like the creature... that was the point... right? ok... sorry, casing rabbits, it is my thing!

I thought the book, "The Man Who Heard Voices," actually was quite good. I know critics have reamed the crap out of it. To a certain extent I agreed with their comments--I don't hear Twilight Zone music every time I see MNS, which Bamberger apparently does, (although that all may have been a stylistic device or a marketing ploy or both). But getting a peak at how a movie comes together was fascinating. I loved it, even though I was horrified at how much stress was involved. I've only followed directors' work on plays, so didn't realize all of the details a film director has to sweat over. Man oh man oh man. The photography guy alone would've made me a poster child for Kaopectate. The info about Giamatti was interesting, too. He came across as a very kind and down-to-earth person. Also, I hadn't realized who his father was; small world.

Originally Posted by sandyintheburbs
I thought the book, "The Man Who Heard Voices," actually was quite good. I know critics have reamed the crap out of it. To a certain extent I agreed with their comments--I don't hear Twilight Zone music every time I see MNS, which Bamberger apparently does, (although that all may have been a stylistic device or a marketing ploy or both). But getting a peak at how a movie comes together was fascinating. I loved it, even though I was horrified at how much stress was involved. I've only followed directors' work on plays, so didn't realize all of the details a film director has to sweat over. Man oh man oh man. The photography guy alone would've made me a poster child for Kaopectate. The info about Giamatti was interesting, too. He came across as a very kind and down-to-earth person. Also, I hadn't realized who his father was; small world.

oops. *peek*... More corrections as they occur to me.....

thanks sandy, good to hear it is a good read. of course how could it not be... the topic is a good one!

well, i also think some people hear music in their heads because that is all that is in them... that wasn't meant as mean as it sounds. i think in music a lot, because that is what i have best to relate to some things... who knows!

I stayed away from critics reviews of it because of their "love" for Night.

I thought it was a very good book. I have a full time job and a family and still finished it in a couple days because I just couldn't put it down once I started.

From pre-production all the way through the first screening of "Lady", it's really an interesting ride that shows how much work and stress went into making this movie.

There were parts that seemed like Bamberger was just praising Night a little too much for an unbiased book, but overall, it was definitely worth the purchase from me.

Originally Posted by Pennyless
I stayed away from critics reviews of it because of their "love" for Night.

I thought it was a very good book. I have a full time job and a family and still finished it in a couple days because I just couldn't put it down once I started.

From pre-production all the way through the first screening of "Lady", it's really an interesting ride that shows how much work and stress went into making this movie.

There were parts that seemed like Bamberger was just praising Night a little too much for an unbiased book, but overall, it was definitely worth the purchase from me.
Dang. I just saw "The Great New Wonderful" and thought Jim Gaffigan was wonderful in it. I never knew, until I read "The Man Who Heard Voices," that Gaffigan was supposed to be in LITW as the pool service guy, but was cut for some reason at the last minute. ...Oh, well. His part in "...Wonderful" is a bigger role, so I don't suppose he's complaining. But I wish he had been in LITW, too.