favorite movie soundtracks: whats yours?

Tools    

mine would be

Clueless
Empire Records
My Girl
Reality Bites
A Life Less Ordinary
Romeo & Juliet
Angus

Human Traffic, Chicago. Apart from that i like the new compilatiosn which seem to be comming out lately which incorporate the best songs from different movies. the only problem with them is that they tend to only include the mainstream songs.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Silas
O brother where art thou
yeah that was pretty good wasn't it, I was digging that bluegrass sound. I love the Gladiator soundtrack, also Garden State, Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption (wonderous), The Matrix, Empire Records & Almost Famous (great old music) and Donnie Darko had decent music. If the soundtrack adds something really special to a movie then it's gonna be up with my favs, cause while some movies have great music they just don't use it properly for the right scene and the right volume ect..

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Definately the Team America soundtrack!
10 things i hate about you
Clueless
Crouching tiger hidden dragon
All the American Pie Films
Save the Last Dance
The Wedding Singer
Connie and Carla

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
My favorite soundtrack is Pulp fiction but Natural Born Killers, Forrest Gump, Dazed & Confused and The Good, The Bad & The Ugly are all worth a mention

You gotta love Reservoir Dogs and the super sounds of the seventies.

Rock N Roll High School has lots of good tracks by The Ramones.

Did anyone mention Saturday Night Fever, it's not my kind of music but it's definitely a classic soundtrack.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Wow... I don't think anyone has brought up my personal fav... High Fidelity... Filled with a wonderfully diverse world of music and features a very surprising Marvin Gaye cover.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I have a soft spot for The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Others include Reservior Dogs, Empire Records and The Gate.

Office Space had some pretty slick tunes.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

film making extraordinaire
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Donnie Darko
The Ring (oh that song at the end of the American version!)
Spiderman 2
The Ring never released a soundtrack.

I'm going to have to say Trainspotting, Rushmore, Snatch, and the Life Aquatic.

Casshern
its the one ive listened to the most

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Two that come to mind right now are: The Royal Tenenbaums and Reservoir Dogs

Mine are definitely Hedwig And The Angry Inch (collection of original songs) and Once Upon A Time In The West (mainly instrumental)

The End Has Come
Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill Vol.1

Mrs. BDT to y'all
1. Romeo and Juliet
2. Trainspotting
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Jackie Brown
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Donnie Darko

history *is* moralizing
Donnie Darko, definitely. not what the director originally wanted in the regular version of the movie, but i've gotten used to it and when watching the director's cut now, i kinda miss the first version i had seen. one of the greatest songs ever in a movie at the end. tears. and then there's this religious music and singing when Donnie and Frank are in the movie theater... wow.

The Rules of Attraction
American Beauty
Go
Fear and Loathing
Reservoir Dogs
Requiem For a Dream ( the main theme is soooo addictive )
High Fidelity
American Psycho
Save the Last Dance
Donnie Darko
Kill Bill ( Vol1&2 but more 1)
Moulin Rouge
The new Dawn of the Dead soundtrack was alright

Originally Posted by Strummer521
The Royal Tenenbaums
One of my faves too.

Believe it or not, I really love the banjo, so one of my favorites has always been the soundtrack for Deliverance.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Believe it or not, I really love the banjo
hei, you should try Laura Veirs in her album The Triumphs & Travels of Orphan Mae... !