The Videogames Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Man, does the decision tree...or web, I guess, get complex by the time you get to act 3. Seth and I are agonizing over pretty much each dialogue chain at this point.

You ready? You look ready.
i’m pretty excited about THIS kit’s release. the hardest part to source in Game Boys is a working motherboard, as new ones ain’t being made. well, these guys just gave a nice booster shot to the GBC community.

you buy that kit, a shell, and some buttons and you can be up and running with a modern backlit GBC with zero soldering.

of course, they only released this after i cut my teeth and banged my head getting my devices modded. still, i’m gonna pick one up eventually.

EDIT: and yes, they are planning on making boards for the original Game Boy and the Game Boy Advance. exciting times!!

Im computer stupid, but figured out how to find and paste my specs....

Device name LAPTOP-1AIP1OFH
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 3.11 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.79 GB usable)
Device ID 63F54948-7229-4EE5-9784-55F2979E1E01
Product ID 00342-20731-10630-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎28/‎2024
OS build 22621.3007
Serial number MP240N1D
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

These are Baldurs Gate 3s specs....

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 / AMD FX 8350.
RAM: 8 GB.
VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GTX 970 / RX 480 (4GB+ of VRAM)
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB.
PIXEL SHADER: 5.1.
VERTEX SHADER: 5.1.
FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.

Would I be able to play/run it??

I would of course uninstall my 60 gb modded Skyrim beforehand.

I dont know about yall but im pumped for Sonic X Shadow Generations, even if it is a remaster.

Would I be able to play/run it??

I would of course uninstall my 60 gb modded Skyrim beforehand.
Just from the RAM I think it'll stutter a bit and you probably won't be able to use the highest graphical settings, but more important are the specs on your graphics card, which I don't think I see listed there.

If you don't have a dedicated graphics card then my guess is it wouldn't run very well.

Just from the RAM I think it'll stutter a bit and you probably won't be able to use the highest graphical settings, but more important are the specs on your graphics card, which I don't think I see listed there.

If you don't have a dedicated graphics card then my guess is it wouldn't run very well.
Well bugger! Ok, something to look forward to playing one day when I get a tower. My gaming laptops only 2 or 3 years old, but I guess that's in dog years.

2-3 years is totally fine, depending on the specs. But if you're just using integrated graphics that won't be able to handle anything too new.

If you bought a laptop specifically for gaming it might have something beefier than that, though, I dunno.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I have an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX sticker on my laptop, would that be it?
right-click an empty space on your desktop. context menu should offer the NVIDIA Control Panel. launching that may display the specific series and number card you have installed. been a while for me, so I could be wrong there...

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Yeah, ynwtf is right. That's the brand but you'll want the specs.

On the other hand, you can refund games on Steam if you've played them less than two hours, so maybe you could just try.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, ynwtf is right. That's the brand but you'll want the specs.

On the other hand, you can refund games on Steam if you've played them less than two hours, so maybe you could just try.
wow 2 hours?? I thought it was void on launch! I have no reason to think that other than random assumptions, btw. any idea what the return window is?

wow 2 hours?? I thought it was void on launch! I have no reason to think that other than random assumptions, btw. any idea what the return window is?
Yeah, 14 days/2 hours. I think instituted a year or two ago.

right-click an empty space on your desktop. context menu should offer the NVIDIA Control Panel. launching that may display the specific series and number card you have installed. been a while for me, so I could be wrong there...
Found it. I think.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Worth a try? Even if it runs should I wait till I get a rig that runs it very well?

It's impossible for anyone to say with confidence, but since you can refund it easily, certainly worth a try.

But like MattJohn said, if it's not running okay right away make sure to try downscaling some of the options. Particularly because, as an RPG, very little of the fun is tied up in graphics quality anyway.

Thanks guys. Going to stick to my $70 a week allowance goal though So im gonna put a little aside each week and buy it in a month or so.

Wasteland 3 (2020)

This game is like a true Fallout 3, in the sense of being very much like Fallout 1 and 2 (and Fallout: New Vegas). The biggest difference is that it's based on squads of 6 characters; in Fallout 1 and 2, you usually had a main character, a follower, and perhaps an animal companion; here, you have 6 characters plus the possible animal/robot companions of each character.

A very good game, too bad its a bit short as finished it and its two DLCs in less than 60 hours, which means its very good (since it made me keep wanting to play more).