I Am Mother

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2018/10/rose-by...nk-1202474699/

"Rose Byrne will lend her voice to the ‘Mother’ robot in the sci-fi thriller, I Am Mother, starring Oscar winner Hilary Swank and up-and-comer Clara Rugaard. First-time feature helmer Grant Sputore is directing the pic which is based on an original concept by him and screenwriter Michael Lloyd Green.

Timothy White of Southern Light Films is producing with the project with The Penguin Empire’s Kelvin Munro. Anna Vincent and Michael Lloyd Green co-produce.

The story follows a lonely teenage girl, ‘Daughter’ (Rugaard), who is the first of a new generation of humans raised by ‘Mother’ (Byrne) – a kindly robot designed to repopulate the earth following the extinction of mankind. But their unique bond is threatened when a blood-drenched woman (Swank) inexplicably arrives, calling into question everything Daughter has been told about the outside world – and her Mother’s intentions.

The robot, which was created by the Academy Award winning team at WETA Workshop (Avatar, The Lord of The Rings), took over a year to design and 6 months to build, using a mix of techniques that ranged from traditional sculpture to 3D printing of titanium parts.

The pic is an Australian production financed by Hercules Film Investments with major investment from Screen Australia and the South Australian Film Corporation in association with Adelaide Film Festival, Screenwest, Lotterywest, Fin VFX, Blockhead, and Kojo.

Paris Kasidokostas-Latsis, Terry Dougas and Jean-Luc De Fanti from Rhea Films along with Bryce Menzies, Philip Wade, John Wade, and Sputore are serving as exec producers."

Awesome. Very intriguing and I don't know if I'm going to side with Mother or not.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Just watched it. Was hoping to see that folks were discussing the plot and ending ... Unsure how I feel about it. I'll have to mull it over a little bit.