Top 53 Music Artists Countdown

Tools    

The truth is in here
Something went wrong with the numbering, but these is the artists I picked for the showdown:

Frank Sinatra
Marina Diamandis
Joey Ramone
John Lennon
Serj Tankian
Corey Taylor
Willie Nelson
Ray Charles
Sammy Davis, Jr.
Carly Rae Jepsen

I don't know if I would slightly change the list now, but all of them deserve my respect. Some of them I grew up with, others I've discovered or started to love later on. If I have a bad day, there's nothing better than a little Marina or Carly Rae

Welcome to the human race...
So who was the other MOFO that conspired with me to get Nick Cave into the top 50?
yoooo

(though as with pretty much every list I submit for one of Camo's countdowns it's not terribly well-thought-out but whatever)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
When i was doing the songs things for the pointers posts i intially wrote Neil Young instead of Neil Diamond for gbg's ten pointers one. Thankfully i caught it at the last second, imagine none of gbg's made it and i posted the wrong guy .

I'm glad you caught your mistake before posting. Neil Diamond is my favorite singer, but I think I only know one Neil Young song, so he had no chance to make my list. I'm not upset, (or surprised), that none of the artists on my list made the countdown, but I wouldn't have been happy if you got that wrong.

yoooo

(though as with pretty much every list I submit for one of Camo's countdowns it's not terribly well-thought-out but whatever)
Yeah me too. I literally just chuck out what I'm digging that day bar 3 or 4 staple fixtures. Of which Nick Cave would be one.

This was my ballot...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The truth is in here
I don't know if I would slightly change the list now
Oh, of course I would!!! God-damn it!
The fact that I forgot to include Barry Gibb and George Michael, two of the greatest voices of all time, is absolutely unforgivable!

After listening more closely to Elvis Presley yesterday I can definitely confirm he deserved to be that high up. What a "swingin'" cool voice!

I've never really cared for Madonna, but I loved her in Desperately Seeking Susan.

I am legitimately astonished Frank Sinatra didn't even make the list

Shoji Mejuro - 8 Points (1 List)
*Meguro

Dream Theater - 10 Points (1 List)
Welp, that's my list.

14. Foo Fighters
Predictably, the highest any of mine got.

01. The Beatles
Not surprised, not complaining either. The Beatles are rock solid.

I remember a guy told me one time, "Since you like tool so much, you oughta check out Dream Theater."

I remember a guy told me one time, "Since you like tool so much, you oughta check out Dream Theater."
Strange thing to say. I love Tool. Can't stand Dream Theater.

Totally different kinds of prog but uh...to DT's credit, though...that early instrumentation was pretty groundbreaking. Too bad James LaBrie had to sing on it lol

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
No correlation between the two. In the beginning of Dream Theater's "every song must be a homage to another band" phase back in the early 2000s, they did two Tool-influenced songs "Home" (from SFAM) and "The Great Debate" but they still sound nothing like Tool really.

My List

#1) Guns N' Roses

#2) The Rolling Stones

#3) The Doors

#4) Led Zeppelin

#5) Aerosmith

#6) Willie Nelson

#7) David Bowie

#8) Bob Dylan

#9) Prince

#10) The Who

Seriously, @Captain Spaulding? You (much like @Iroquois) like Prince THAT MUCH?

Again, if Prince hadn't died last year, I really wonder if Prince would have still shown up on all of these lists.
I've always loved Prince. The only time I've ever called into a radio station to request a song is when I was middle-school age and requested "When the Doves Cry" one Friday night. I also starred in the music video thanks to you.

I posted basically the same top ten in matt's thread three years ago, only difference being I've now switched out The White Stripes for The Who, but pre-corpse Prince was in there then. So was pre-cadaver Bowie.

My list Was:
1- Avenged Sevenfold

2- Billy Talent

3- Linkin Park

4- Pink Floyd

5- Bullet For My Valentine

6- System Of A Down

7- Journey

8- Adam Gontier (Old Three Days Grace Singer)

9- Supertramp

10- Red Hot Chili Peppers