How do you feel about violence in movies?

Tools    

but I also start laugh with ultraviolent deaths. I was laughing alone in the theaters with every death of John Wick. Some guys was looking to me like if I was some kind of 'weirdo' (I don't care).
Good thing you weren't the one who attended my screening of The Raid 2 back when I saw that at the cinemas...

I had a guy next to me who laughed EVERY, SINGLE, TIME someone got hit, broke something, or whatever else happens in that movie. I can't believe I never elbowed him in the face for that.

Look, a scene like the one in Django Unchained, where that woman is shot and flies back through the room - that's funny; that's meant to be funny. So laugh.

But laughing at violence just because... ugh, why. I mean, the bat to the face or the shotgun to the face in Raid 2 is so over the top crazy that it's okay to laugh. But laughing at every violent scene ever? I'm not gonna watch a film with such person, that's for sure...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Where is @gbgoodies at? She LOVES violent movies.
In that case, I like her already.

i really don't know why I have blood lust. Most of the members of my family don't like screen violence or horror, except my 16 year old niece. She's a very sweet young animal lover and I think has gone vego, so I don't know where we get it from. My parents weren't into horror except with things like The Portrait of Dorian Gray which they thought was a classic i should see when I was a kid and it gave me nightmares. Even worse, they thought it was a great idea we watch historical war documentaries as a family. Gave me even worse nightmares.

The violence in DU I found very amusing, MM, the 12 or 13 times I saw it. It's OTT and clownish. I loved it.

I'm cool with it. There's some stuff that i can't look at like anything to do with the eyes or cutting wrists for some reason; specifically wrists, cut an artery on the leg and i'm fine . Most ultra violent films that i've seen look fake anyway so they don't really bother me. I wouldn't call myself a fan of it exactly (other than some cartoonishly funny kills/violence in slashers/action/etc) but it usually doesn't bother me.

That's just speaking about straightforward fighting/beating/even killing violence though, i really can't handle violent or any rape scenes most of the time.

Stuff to do with eyes, syringes (I'm needle phobic) or spiders freakme out. Rape I don't really want to see but would rather it be implied. Not offended by it ie it doesnt trigger me or anything, but some things I prefer off screen. full on choreographed fight scenes I love, es[ecially for the choreography. Gore - I like it but draw a line. sometimes too much is just exactly that.

Ohhh you bad man. I might have screamed. Not looking again.

Seriously, I;m very needle phobic. Please be kind *loud crying face* My husband is still asleep and I might have woken him up. It's only 6am here monday morning.

Ohhh you bad man. I might have screamed. Not looking again.

Seriously, I;m very needle phobic. Please be kind *loud crying face* My husband is still asleep and I might have woken him up. It's only 6am here monday morning.
8.30 pm Sunday here. I'd like to 6am Monday thou, this was Friday evening would come earlier

8.30 pm Sunday here. I'd like to 6am Monday thou, this was Friday evening would come earlier
I totally get that.

i did laugh at you for posting that. Not offended at all but I really did scream.

I'm not quoting you to not get you upset Dani, but I wonder how many movies there are depicting needle or acupuncture torturing scenes beside Ôdishon.

Oh I didn't think you were trying to upset me, Nesto. I appreciated the gag - I do laugh at my irrational phobias.

Acupuncture i don't mind, and I don't look away from needle scenes but I do grab the husband, dog, cushion, my leg - whatever is closest.

In that case, I like her already.

i really don't know why I have blood lust. Most of the members of my family don't like screen violence or horror, except my 16 year old niece. She's a very sweet young animal lover and I think has gone vego, so I don't know where we get it from. My parents weren't into horror except with things like The Portrait of Dorian Gray which they thought was a classic i should see when I was a kid and it gave me nightmares. Even worse, they thought it was a great idea we watch historical war documentaries as a family. Gave me even worse nightmares.
You will like gbgoodies, Dani. But she only comes out at night!

Is she a vampire, Cap? Even better. Woooo.

It's good to talk to people about a shared love of a genre, and dislike of another. I don't know why I dislike musicals when I like opera and bollywood.

It's hard to say. I found very disturbing I Spit on Your Grave, on the other hand I love to watch Jungfrukällan aka The Virgin Spring again . They both involve rape, murder, revenge, however it all depends how the filmmaker depict it and put it in context.

versus
The remake of I Spit on Your Grave (2010) is even more violent and more graphic, and yet much more satisfying as all of the victim's revenge scenarios correlate directly with the crimes of her attackers (a sadly missed opportunity in the 1978 version).

The remake of I Spit on Your Grave (2010) is even more violent and more graphic, and yet much more satisfying as all of the victim's revenge scenarios correlate directly with the crimes of her attackers (a sadly missed opportunity in the 1978 version).
It was hard to watch anyway, all that psychological terror, humiliation, I felt so bad for that woman. Not sure if I wanna see the remake even thou the retaliation was correlating. Perhaps, they should make subsequent remake where the retaliation is even worse

I'm completely against violence in movies. I just want to sit and watch without having to worry about somebody bouncing a rock off my head.

Is she a vampire, Cap? Even better. Woooo.

It's good to talk to people about a shared love of a genre, and dislike of another. I don't know why I dislike musicals when I like opera and bollywood.
Only musical I can watch is Dirty Dancing, i don't know what is it about this movie that I keep returning to. I've seen it like zillion times

It was hard to watch anyway, all that psychological terror, humiliation, I felt so bad for that woman. Not sure if I wanna see the remake even thou the retaliation was correlating. Perhaps, they should make subsequent remake where the retaliation is even worse
Oh... it's worse. The very fact that the girl survives to exact revenge attests to that. But, the scenarios are oh so fitting with each one having a direct parallel to what the criminals did to her, but with far worse, more horrible and more permanent results. She was apparently very imaginative & creative (or her trauma made her so).

And there are two newer sequels - I've only seen one of them: ISOYG 2 which is not a direct sequel because it involves a completely different character with a similar story. The third one is called "Vengeance is Mine" and apparently involves the girl from the first movie.

I saw the original but don't think I've seen the remake. (I spit on your grave).