All known movies coming out with a reboot or sequel

Tools    

Based on the photos coming out and things I've read, I see a lot of potential in this.

I agree MonnoM,
IT is one of my faves from my childhood/tween years,however there was room for some Improvement
These photos look alot darker than the orginal-might just the the photoshoot-but i hope the movie is the same-
i dont know who the others in the cast are but Bill Skarsgård is really talented and creepy enough to pull something like Pennywise of. Im dont want to get my hopes up too much but im really excited.

I thought the Blade Runner movie was going to be a sequel. On IMDB it's listed as "Untitled Blade Runner Sequel" and Harrison Ford is listed as returning as Rick Deckard.

WHY THE HELL IS SUSPIRIA GETTING A REBOOT!!!! WHY WORLD WHY !!!!

Based on the photos coming out and things I've read, I see a lot of potential in this.
What exactly have you read ? Because from what I have, I expect this film to be complete ****, and just another stereotypical reboot of a decent horror flick.

Cary Fukunaga who's a huge fan of Stephen King's It, was supposed to direct the remake, but in 2015 he was kicked off the project by the studio and had this to say about it: "I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn’t fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience. Our budget was perfectly fine. We were always hovering at the $32 million mark, which was their budget. It was the creative that we were really battling. It was two movies. They didn’t care about that. In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

And guess who the studio hired to replace Fukunaga ? Andres Muschietti who has one movie under his belt and it's "Mama"....YIKES. Imagine firing a man who has directed every episode of the first season of True Detective, and 2015's Beasts Of No Nation for the director of Mama....MAMA.
And when Cary was fired, his screenplay was terminated with him and replaced with Chase Palmer's who is known for nothing and Gary Dauberman's who has written one of my favourite horror films of all time, Annabelle. SIKE...duh.

So, all of the above pretty much convinces me that the remake of "It" is of course gonna be a **** show, hopefully I'm proven wrong but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
To tell you the truth, I don't mind the idea of remakes. Now don't get me wrong, I love originality as much as everyone else. But I like remakes that are another interpretation, like the Coen bros. True Grit remake, or Peter Jacksons King Kong remake. These are filmmakers that want to give their take on a story they clearly love. I just hate it when they just want to make a quick buck *cough Point Break.

I agree as well, I don't have an issue with film makers wanting to showcase their own take on a story by remaking it, what does piss me off though is that those intentions are rarely found and when they are, their ideas get rejected by whatever studio that hired them. It seems like modern day remakes are a lost cause, pretty much every single one of them is made for selfish and money grubbing reasons.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Kickboxer
got the reboot as Kickboxer: Vengeance and unlike the original film series, the lead character of Kurt Sloane is staying alive and well. It got mixed reviews, but as a fan of the original film series, I actually enjoyed the reboot, even with Dave Bautista pulling a Jean-Claude Van Damme in No Retreat, No Surrender, appearing only in the beginning and finale for the most part.

The second film in the series, Kickboxer: Retaliation is coming out next year and brings back Alain Moussi as Kurt and Jean-Claude Van Damme as his mentor Durand. UFC fighters Roy Nelson, Fabricio Werdum, soccer star Ronaldinho, and Mike Tyson are in the film as is Christopher Lambert.

A third and final installment, Kickboxer: Syndicate is scheduled to begin production this February with Moussi the only confirmed cast member to return as Kurt Sloane.

it's easier to sell with a known name, so it's more profitable to make sequels...

It was just announced that White Men Can't Jump is getting remade...Why? Why? Why?

jacob s ladder cannot work without tim robbins, and suspiria cannot be matched if remade, that movie was made and have the looks of the 70s horror and german in nature, better leave dario argento s superb work aside

They just announced Every Which Way But Loose is getting remade. The original film's director is producing it. Unless they plan to cast Scott Eastwood in his father's role, I cannot see this happening. That's my two cents.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just watched The Neverending Story at the local Theatre and it was awesome, no need for a remake. Same goes for Blade Runner, Battle Royale and pretty much every movie on that list. The only remake i've seen and liked was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but that's only because they pretty much just did a shot for shot remake of the Swedish one.

For the correct response to remakes click the link below.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Last I heard Todd McFarlane finished the script and is now looking to actually get it made.

Not a reboot/sequel so much but a prequel is due for release later this year:
Leatherface - an "official" prequel to the 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre directed by Julian Maury and Alexandre Bustillo which will star Stephen Dorff as a crazed Texas Ranger who goes after four teen mental escapees, one who will become the chainsaw-wielding killer of the Sawyer family.

It's already been filmed...just hasn't been released yet.