2016 MoFo Fantasy Football Regular Season

Tools    

The One Ring sitting at the bottom of the Gladden river.

Do you know how to improve the image quality?
No I dont, but Rodent might.

Tyrell Williams is giving me a donut, and Mikes Little Machines will probably upset me. I hope I beat JJ in points, or Im out.

That would suck.

What the hell happened to Inmates roster this week?! He not only upset Petey but got the biggest blowout of the week!

Unless Luck has a big night tonight, Fabulous might just barely snag the second bye from Pete.

The real drama, though, is for that last playoff spot: if not for tonight's game, we'd have a four-team pileup at 6-7 for the last spot. Spud's Discount Chiefs are done playing and already losing the points tiebreak, so that's that. Silly Nannies aren't done playing, but their point deficit is way too much to overcome. So it's still down to just Donnie's "Donnie Football" and Spaulding's "Censored Clowns," as expected.

How close is it? Well, both are projected to lose, but neither by much. They both need a better--but not way better--performance from their remaining players than they'd usually expect. Spaulding needs about 30 from Andrew Luck (which would also let Pete hang onto that bye). Donnie needs make up a 35+ point deficit (plus whatever Vinatieri gets) with T.Y. Hilton, Brandon Marshall, and Bilal Powell.

What's nuts about this is that Spaulding leads Donnie by just two points. Spaulding came in with the points edge but he's putting up a lower than usual total, and whether Donnie wins or not he could easily crack 120. If they both win, or both lose, the actual amount they put up tonight will be the difference. Complicating things further is that Luck, Spaulding's player, is throwing to Hilton, Donnie's player.

As I mentioned, both are projected to lose, but by how much? That could be the difference for that last spot. And if they do both lose, we'll have a sub .500 playoff team for just the second time in league history (Sleezy's Wyld Stallynz, 2012).

Huge start for Luck. If he does anything in the second half, Spaulding should win his matchup. That would deny Fabulous the second Bye, and means Donnie would have to win, too, to have a chance, and slightly outscore Spaulding tonight, to boot.

But with the Jets down big, Marshall could wrack up a lot of junk time points. Big advantage for Spaulding thanks to that first half, but not quite over.

As I posted that, Luck nearly threw his fourth TD, which would've done it. Instead, fumble and a touchback.

At this point the most likely way to a loss is the Colts getting up more and sitting Luck, but odds are pretty good he'll play at least a couple more drives, regardless, which should be enough.

Well it was saying up till this morning Id be facing JJ my first playoff game, now its Spaulding. Ok then.

whew! Seriously though, not as much this week, but JJs Hermanos have been putting some high scores up lately.

My Flex position has had a new revolving door installed. Tyrells right labrum is shot, but hes playing, Tyreeek is awsesome but gets 5 tasrgets at most a game, and Doug Martin is a ho-hum 10 point averager which will probably decrease with Simms return. Then theres Amari"Underappreciated" Cooper, and Carr has had a bad hand...and been favoring Crabtree heavily. Stupid Michael Crabtree....

Would've liked that bye. Oh well.
Yeah, it's a nice fallback. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't make a difference, but two years ago I was the top scoring team, finished 3rd anyway, and got bounced in a big first-round upset. So it does happen.

Definitely the best combined year I've had, across leagues: 11-2 in this one, 10-3 (with one week left) in the MoFo money league. Pretty good chance I'll end up being the #1 seed and the top scoring team in both leagues.

That comes with high expectations, though. I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't win either, and while it'd be kinda nuts to hope to win both, best teams or not, It's hard not to think about it given how well each regular season went. We shall see!

GAH! Flex agony first game of the playoffs. Dont know if I should bench Amari, Tyreek, or Tyrell. Tyreek & Tyrell, thats kinda like that Uma-Oprah bit Letterman did at the Oscars. Think Ill bench Amari, oy vey