THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Sometimes, it feels good to just create. I've been so focused on mixing that I've had something like writer's block - it's almost like I have been afraid to create new stuff because I fear the mix will be terrible. Alas, today I sat down and just started messing around. There is stuff to learn about mixing, like frequency stuff and whatnot, but it's mostly just dependent on your ear and what sounds good - so I went into it with that in mind. Mix as you go. My mentor told me that's the way to do it, because if it doesn't sound good on it's own it'll sound like sh*t in the mix.

Anyway, to get over the writer's block I literally just played a ninth chord on my keyboard with a distortion pedal plugged in, recorded it, manipulated it, and etc. etc. etc., rest is history, so on and so forth. Very happy with where this track is headed. Some Gatsby drumming will really give it a punch. Love getting that creative juice flowing, and just creating... that's why I love Ableton. Once you understand the inner working, it's just pure artistic creation, and it's so much fun growing technically and artistically.

Oh. My. God. A short clip featuring some seemingly new music and trippy animation was just posted to Bon Iver's Facebook page, with the caption "22 days". If Vernon is finally releasing a new album, I will be so stoked. I almost got teary-eyed seeing this, because the prospect of this finally happening being brought to life is too much to handle.

They cut the video RIGHT when Justin starts singing. Those a**holes.

Anyway, bear with me while I scream with excitement...

AAAAAAAAAAAAH POSSIBLE NEW BON IVER AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heading to Lake Garda, Italy later today. Looking forward to some time off and clearing my head.

Probably still gonna check in to MoFo though from time to time.

Probably a good thing when you want to show people something you're working on, even if it's unfinished. Or a stupid thing.

I used to love watching forensic investigations and true life crime documentaries. I probably still would if I actually watched them.

ive serioulsy been watching it non stop Some of the narrative is so annoying though,they try way too hard to be sexy.
I also love watching documentaries on youtube,saw one the other day about the black dahlia that was pretty interesting and one about the kennedys involvement with marilyn monroes death.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Lovely!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

ive serioulsy been watching it non stop Some of the narrative is so annoying though,they try way too hard to be sexy.
I also love watching documentaries on youtube,saw one the other day about the black dahlia that was pretty interesting and one about the kennedys involvement with marilyn monroes death.
I've not really watched these since the 90's and early 00's, but my mum watches these things all the time now and, I have to say, there's certainly a lot more 'sexiness' than there was in some of them. It's really out of place to my mind. I don't know which one it is, but one of the series has a voiceover which sounds as if it's actively trying to be erotic.

but my mum watches these things all the time
Same here. I don't watch them anymore for the reasons you and Topsy mentioned. I prefer True Crime Documentaries, Books or Podcasts. I used to always watch one when i was in my early teens on Channel 5 called Murder Detectives (they are basically all called that) i think. Remember i ended up really truamatized after hearing about the Polly Klass case.

I've not really watched these since the 90's and early 00's, but my mum watches these things all the time now and, I have to say, there's certainly a lot more 'sexiness' than there was in some of them. It's really out of place to my mind. I don't know which one it is, but one of the series has a voiceover which sounds as if it's actively trying to be erotic.
the voice overs are seriously so annoying. its sound like a robot put in "sexy mode"
and they have one man who has a really bad lisp and its so distracting

from one thing to another..does anyone her use movie? ive been trying to make something for ages,and spent hours cutting little scenes together,but when i save it it isnt cut right-it has little quick flashes of stuff ive cut out and its driving me crazy!