Battle Of The War Movies

Tools    

PATTON advances

APOCALYPSE NOW

VS.

U-571

U-571 is a pathetic excuse for a movie pitted against a masterpiece. What hope does it have?

Apocolypse Now.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

U-571 didn't impress me, so Apocalypse Now definately.
And found he was eating his shoe.

yeah I knew it was gonna bea blow out, u571 is good but apocalypse now is one the greatest. But movies start with weak competion then get to the tough ones.

My Vote is APOCALYPSE NOW

Apocalypse Now

apocalypse now advances

You mean Bore-a! Bore-a! Bore-a!??? Puh-leeze.

Uh, no, I shan't be returning to this "battle". I don't care which film wins among all this garbage.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

sry about that
NEXT BATTLE:

GETTYSBERG

VS.

TORA TORA TORA

I am having a nervous breakdance
That's a tough one... They're both interesting films. I saw Gettysburg several years ago and loved it. Then I saw it again about a year ago and was a bit disappointed. Tora! Tora! Tora! I have only seen once and I think it would benefit from being seen more than once because of its thick documentary style.

I'll go with Tora! Tora! Tora!.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I have watched Gettysburg only once, and I was a bit bored until the battle scenes. I mean it's a great movie, but it could've been alteast a few hors shorter. 6 hours by god. Anyway, I haven't seen Tora Tora Tora so my vote is

Gettysburg

Gettysburg, because some movies need to be long.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
TORA TORA TORA

not because I liked it... but because I didn't like Gettys... this is a "spite" vote

my vote is tora tora tora

maybe we should call it a tie, cuz nobody seems to want to reply anymore.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I'm just waiting until the movies change.

Me too, but I'm saying nobody else does these things, and the ones that do have already voted, so maybe we should just call it a tie and move on until the next set of movies.

sry guys im late

TORA TORA TORA ADVANCES

NEXT BATTLE:

PEARL HARBOR

VS.

ENEMY AT THE GATES

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
both these movies will get knocked out so easily on later rounds because they were both so......so-so, definitely didn't live up to the hype.

ENEMY