2015 MoFo Multiplex

Tools    

You guys are too focused on money. You should all become tortured artist mountain men. That's the only correct path.

brb buying a million things

I figured HT2 would be one to avoid no matter what. Highest September opening ever. I'll see myself out.
Yeah, I wasn't going to touch it. Oh well.

I went with HT2 because it seemed the obvious choice. Then I looked at the opening of the first one and, again, it seemed good, even if it didn't quite match the numbers. I had HT2 and Green Inferno, but then I saw some figures for the screens for GI and Everest (which opened wide this week) and the insiders seemed to be saying that Everest would do well and HT2 would bomb. Well, it turns out they were wrong. I should've known my completely uninformed opinion knew better than them.

I haven't been paying as much attention to this since fantasy football started. I don't put much thought or research into my picks anymore. (Although that never seemed to make much of a difference anyway.) I'm surprised more people didn't go with Hotel Transylvania 2, though. These animated family films always seem to do big business.

I should've loaded up with The Visit instead of The Green Inferno. Thinking with my heart instead of my head.

Teeter for the win. My 11th place finish dropped me to 6th. Yikes, between this and fantasy I need to take my ball and go home.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I was so sure I was going to crush it last week. I felt that Everest wasn't going to come in with anywhere near the kind of money that was being predicted and I was right. I predicted The Intern to make high teens/low twenties and was right. So I would have been on for a perfect week. Except for Hotel Transylvania 2 which came in way over estimates. Those damn American kiddies!

Anyway at least I'm still leading the way.

At least with the changes this season, you still get some money when you forget to update your line-up.

The current estimations have me in first for this weekend. The Intern is holding up really well in its second week.

Projected 3rd for this week, 5th for the season. I feel like I've spent the whole season kind of in the race for first but a bit too far out to be a serious player.

Master of My Domain
I'll play again when the new season starts. Couldn't play for this season because of increased workload and if I started now there would be very little chance of me getting first place, plus I've kinda lost of my momentum due to the month and a half hiatus.

I'll play again when the new season starts. Couldn't play for this season because of increased workload and if I started now there would be very little chance of me getting first place, plus I've kinda lost of my momentum due to the month and a half hiatus.
We will welcome you back with a cold shoulder.

I tried to play for the bonus. That did not work. Frankly, even if it had, I should've worked out that it wouldn't pay better than finding the big winner(s).

Lots out there this weekend, so don't miss it. God knows what the perfect line up will look like.?

Last week I was just trying to avoid not screwing up so I can keep JayDee within reach. I could see this week shaking things up a bit with so many interesting possibilities. No idea which line-up I'm going to go with yet. Goosebumps looks atrocious, but it's a Halloween-themed family film -- and a lot of people my age probably grew up with the books (I did) and now have small children of their own (I don't) -- so I could see it doing well at the box office. Then you've got Spielberg and del Toro coming out with new films this week . . .

I'll be paying a lot more attention than usual to the predictions this week before I make my final choice.

Last week I was just trying to avoid not screwing up so I can keep JayDee within reach.
I'm honoured that you're planning your strategy around me. Am I that fearsome an opponent? And I really need to just start going with my gut. A few weeks back I was going to go strong with The Intern but backed off at the last minute to my downfall. And then last week I originally had 4 or 5 screens of Maze Runner but switched based on everyone being so high about the chances of Sicario.

Dammit!!! I saw I'd nailed a perfect line-up this week and thought it would finally put some daylight between myself and Spaulding. Then I checked and saw he'd gone exactly the same! Just can't pull away from him. Damn you Cap'n!!!

Also just know people that I feel like I'm representing the whole board. Of the 12,000+ players I'm now sitting in 90th position. Let's see if I can win it for Movie Forums.