Best On-Screen Couple

Tools    

I was just thinking about who i thought played a good on screen couple.
and also who i thought would look good off screen aswell.

Also i would like you to post your views on who you thought looked good together and who played good parts.

also your views on who you think are crap couples, an example for me would have to be cam diaz and ben stiller in theres something about mary, i duno why i just thought that they made an odd couple...

cazz
x

Best: the Odd Couple. I know what you really meant but you just can't beat the Odd Couple.

Worst: I'm gonna go with you on this one cazz, Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz.
And found he was eating his shoe.

There is already a thread, Casting Chemistry, about the best couples HERE you might want to check out...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
There is already a thread, Casting Chemistry, about the best couples
i found that that thread had more old couples so i thought that id start another one to see if anyone came up with anyone a bit younger, but thanks for your input..
cazz
x

What a good idea for a thread Annie let me contribute to it.

I see more lack of chemistry in television shows than I do movies. Of course there are just plain old bad movies where the chemistry, or lack thereof, is hardly the issue. Actually, I’m having a hard time thinking of films that had bad chemistry, mainly because if I don’t like a movie, I quickly forget all about it. Yet, coming up with great combinations is easy though.

Abbot & Costello

Laurel & Hardy

Two of the greatest teams in comedy history, and completely unforgettable. I still get so much enjoyment from watching their movies and shorts. I really don’t think it possible for me to ever outgrow them, and will probably adore their comedic styles forever. Many have tried to compare, but it is almost impossible.

Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca

Harrison Ford & Carrie Fisher in the Star Wars Trilogy

Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

These three pairings are all from different eras, but they all have one thing in common. Perfect casting and absolutely believable love. My favorite from this group is Han and Leia. There are so many great movies with excellent actors doing their things, but these three came to mind first.

I would also like to see Brad Pitt and Robert Redford again. Before Spy Game came out, I had always thought that these two should be cast in a movie as Father and Son. Good thread kid.

It's too bad that you felt we needed another thread. Maybe you wanted to see Ashton Kutcher mentioned? Okay, I think Ashton Kutcher paired with the worms slowly digesting his miserable corpse would be awesome. I'd really like to see that.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

sorry to dissapoint but no ashton kutcher for me tnx!!

cazz
x

Originally Posted by cazz
i found that that thread had more old couples so i thought that id start another one to see if anyone came up with anyone a bit younger...
Yeah. I so totally know what you mean! People like to go on and on about Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall (yawn!!!), or Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman (who?!?), or Groucho Marx & Margaret Dumont (what are they smoking?), but that's so, like, stupid and some junk. Those people need to get with it and see the brilliance of the movies made TODAY, right now, with the great stars under the age of thirty - stop living in the past.

You want some truly great on-screen couples? Look no further than....
  • Frankie Muniz & Hilary Duff (Agent Cody Banks, Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London)
  • Freddie Prinze Jr. & Rachel Liegh Cook (She's All That)
  • Adam Sandler & Fairuza Balk (The Waterboy)
  • Reese Witherspoon & that little dog (Legally Blonde, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde)
  • Jet Li & DMX (Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 the Grave)
  • Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez (Gigli)
  • Ashton Kutcher & Sean William Scott (Dude, Where's My Car?)

Old movies suck! Wooooooo-Hoooooo!!!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by cazz
i found that that thread had more old couples so i thought that id start another one to see if anyone came up with anyone a bit younger, but thanks for your input..
cazz
x

If that was your goal, then you should have mentioned an age requirement in your original post and made it a little clearer you were only interested in “who’s hot and who’s not” instead of “who’s old… but played such a good couple together people are still talking about them” …

Holden… you get rep points from me for that one…

I must become Caligari..!
OMG Holds!!!! how did u forget the olsen twins??? They are sooooooo Kool
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
If that was your goal, then you should have mentioned an age requirement in your original post and made it a little clearer you were only interested in “who’s hot and who’s not” instead of “who’s old… but played such a good couple together people are still talking about them” …
ok, sorry i should have included tht, will do next time
cazz
x

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yeah. I so totally know what you mean! People like to go on and on about Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall (yawn!!!), or Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman (who?!?), or Groucho Marx & Margaret Dumont (what are they smoking?), but that's so, like, stupid and some junk. Those people need to get with it and see the brilliance of the movies made TODAY, right now, with the great stars under the age of thirty - stop living in the past.

You want some truly great on-screen couples? Look no further than....
  • Frankie Muniz & Hilary Duff (Agent Cody Banks, Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London)
  • Freddie Prinze Jr. & Rachel Liegh Cook (She's All That)
  • Adam Sandler & Fairuza Balk (The Waterboy)
  • Reese Witherspoon & that little dog (Legally Blonde, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde)
  • Jet Li & DMX (Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 the Grave)
  • Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez (Gigli)
  • Ashton Kutcher & Sean William Scott (Dude, Where's My Car?)

Old movies suck! Wooooooo-Hoooooo!!!
im sooo glad somebody knows what i mean!!
i think you have mentioned some REALLY good couples but im gonna have to disagree with the lopez/affleck couple i just dont like them!!

but tnx for your input
cazz
xxxxx

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt in Seven
and for romance-Aragorn and Arwen from LOTR, how overwealmed with joy was I at the end of ROTK when they were reunited?!

Thursday Is Best
keira knightly and orlando bloom

Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler
Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks
I knew there were more...hhmm...