Favorite Bill Murray Movie/Role?

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I keep seeing Lost in Translation on here, and I am confused. I liked but did not love that movie, and I really haven't had the desire to see it again after my initial watch. I wish Bill Murray would make some more straightforward comedies again, cause I am kind of tired of "sad old man" Bill Murray. I get that he's older, but really, he is still hilarious when he wants to be.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

On the outside looking in.
I keep seeing Lost in Translation on here, and I am confused. I liked but did not love that movie, and I really haven't had the desire to see it again after my initial watch. I wish Bill Murray would make some more straightforward comedies again, cause I am kind of tired of "sad old man" Bill Murray. I get that he's older, but really, he is still hilarious when he wants to be.

After GHOSTBUSTERS, Bill Murray could have collected huge pay cheques the rest of his career appearing in whatever ho-hum comedies Hollywood offered him, yet he chose to make smaller, more idiosyncratic films with original scripts instead. It's one of the things I love most about the man, and it's what has separated and elevated his career from contemporaries such as Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd.

On the outside looking in.

Really want to see Broken Flowers and the rest of his Wes Anderson roles.

BROKEN FLOWERS is wonderful. His roles in FANTASTIC MR. FOX and MOONRISE KINGDOM are small but memorable.

The only Wes Anderson film i enjoyed was Rushmore, i thought Bottle Rocket was ok. The rest i hate except from Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonrise Kingdom which i haven't seen yet.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Broken Flowers is a great understated dramatic performance. He was great in that. His brief cameo in Zombieland is epic as well.

I didn't know Murray and all of his brothers appeared together in SCROOGED. I actually didn't even know he had brothers other than Brian. I also loved him in GHOSTBUSTERS, GROUNDHOG DAY, CADDYSHACK, TOOTSIE, KINGPIN, and WHAT ABOUT BOB?

Either Groundhog Day, or just Bill Murray in reality. The man's amazing.

Groundhog Day is my favourite comedy thus my favourite film from Bill Murray

I did finally get to see Bill Murray's latest, St. Vincent, this weekend. Really good stuff, if not terribly original material. There is a nice tone throughout, and the cast is wonderful top to bottom, headlined by Bill. There is "Oscar buzz" around his performance, at this still early stage in the game, and I hope he does manage another nomination. To date his only nod from the Academy came for Lost in Translation, which was already a decade ago.

I say I "finally" got to see the movie because I got to visit the set for a few days, last summer. I'm even an extra in one scene, quickly visible if you know where to look for me. Here's the scene in the finished film....

That's me, over Bill's shoulder, at Belmont Park...

For realzies.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cameo.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	18149   Click image for larger version

Name:	cameo big.png
Views:	865
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	18150   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster vince.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	18154  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I got this cool opportunity because my best friend, Chris Brandt, worked on the film. He did the storyboards for the director, Ted Melfi. Ted and the producers invited Chris up to the set for a few days in the second week of July, last year, and I got to tag along. Two days in the Brooklyn neighborhood where the houses of the main characters are, and one day at Belmont race track, where we got to be extras in the scene with Terrence Howard and Bill Murray.

Here is Chris' cameo, from the same scene. We were sitting next to each other, three rows back from Bill. We were acting our ASSES off. Happily, none of that can be seen.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	set1.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	18151   Click image for larger version

Name:	set2.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	18152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris cameo.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	18153  

Well that is pretty damn neat. You get to meet Murray at all? He is so freaking cool, I'd just want a little of his cool to rub off on me.

Groundhog Day for me. Don't know if it would have worked quite as well without him.

Also his best cameo was Space Jam. Guy cracked me up in it for the little he was in it.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Ridiculously awesome, obviously.

Just how happy are you that this happened? I imagine it must rank pretty high up there for a cinephile (and Bill Murray fan) like yourself.

A system of cells interlinked
Woah! Somehow, now Holden is even cooler than he was previously, which I didn't think was possible!

I still miss the old avatar, though...