The MoFo Top 100 Television Series of All-Time

Tools    

As usual, I'm going for what I love. This means my choices will be stuff I've watched over and over again and/or for years. That said, there's a few newer programmes that I think will make it. I think Derek is going to make my list.

I know. I really like Karl in it. For some reason, the constant jokes about his hair didn't get old for me.
Same here. The Scene where Vicky says he has a haircut like a paedophile and his response is just "good point" is hilarious . "What i find strange is why it's never came into fashion" .

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Just a question, I've been a member for only 5 days but I'll be "old enough" some days before the deadline. Can I send my list now or I have to wait?

So, I need to make out my list for this, but I don't know what to put on it. I'm afraid of putting a lot of stuff that won't even make the list... sadly.

PM me and tell me what you are putting on your lists and if you need help with anything. Or something. I'll look through this thread and see what's been mentioned, but... so far, I just see stupid stuff I have never had any interest in watching. And I'm not gonna help that stuff. So, if there's anything that you're gonna put on your list that you feel like doesn't have much of a chance... PM me and I'll see if I can work something out for ya. Especially if you had it high on your list.

Also, I just decided that I am going to do a "Mother of God" version of the TV show countdown. 100 of my favorite all time TV shows. That will be coming up soon.

Well, maybe. Very possible I might do it. I might change my mind and decide not to.

Has the 1979 HBO mini-series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy been mentioned? I just finished watching it and it's absolutely magnificent.

Has the 1979 HBO mini-series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy been mentioned? I just finished watching it and it's absolutely magnificent.
Yes, lots of people like that series. It might be shown on HBO, but it was made by the good ol' BBC

As you liked it, check out Smilie's People, too. Not as good, but Alex Guinness as George Smilie again? How can you say no? Also, as Christine pointed out, it's BBC, not HBO.

The only thing you have to've seen before you hand in your list is I, Claudius. It's up there with anything current or of the last 10 years or so.

SC, is that really the way this is supposed to go? I'm going to be putting lots of stuff that isn't going to make the list. My #1 pick will, almost certainly, not make it, but it'll still be my #1 pick.

Let the night air cool you off
The only thing you have to've seen before you hand in your list is I, Claudius. It's up there with anything current or of the last 10 years or so.

SC, is that really the way this is supposed to go? I'm going to be putting lots of stuff that isn't going to make the list. My #1 pick will, almost certainly, not make it, but it'll still be my #1 pick.
If your #1 is I, Claudius it will make it. Even if I have to cheat.

STFU. I have heard this from you numerous times and guess what? I have learned that it is much more satisfying to have stuff from your list actually make it than put stuff on your list that you know doesn't have a chance of making it. You might like to be all masochistic with your list, but not I. I want stuff from my list showing up!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
STFU. I have heard this from you numerous times and guess what? I have learned that it is much more satisfying to have stuff from your list actually make it than put stuff on your list that you know doesn't have a chance of making it. You might like to be all masochistic with your list, but not I. I want stuff from my list showing up!

If the stuff on your list doesn't make the countdown, will you like it any less?

If the stuff on your list doesn't make the countdown, will you like it any less?
It doesn't matter. It FEELS GOOD to have stuff from your list make it. It's not that I'm gonna put a bunch of stuff I don't like on my list. There might actually be a lot of stuff that doesn't make it. My #1 could not make it. But I do not do this like Honeykid. Honeykid has CONSTANTLY brought up this dreary idea of, "Just go with what you like!" I'm sorry, but no -- this is a competitive thing in a way. A lot of people play these countdowns as something they play with strategy and I'm one of them. I want a lot from my list on the official list. So, I want to strategize with people and see what I could help them with. I can put on my list things I like that I think have a good chance of making it.

It goes agains't the point of the list, it's not who has more movies on the list it's just a representation of the taste of the members of the forum so we should just put the movies/tv shows we love the most.