Yo! MTV Raps

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Wow! For some reason they were showing old Yo! MTV Raps "episodes" on MTV yesterday with those wicked VJ:s Fab Five Freddie and, what are the other two guys called again...?

I saw it yesterday and it was so funny and so much nostalgia. They showed Young MC and "911 is a Joke" with Public Enemy and a lot of other cool stuff from the late 80's and the early 90's. The hair! The clothes! The dances! It was so much fun! But some of those songs are actually really good! And I never knew that Flea plays the bass on Young MC:s "Bust a Move" and all the other tracks on the Stone Cold Rhymin' album. Great stuff!!

Does anyone else remember this great show on MTV??

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Wow! For some reason they were showing old Yo! MTV Raps "episodes" on MTV yesterday with those wicked VJ:s Fab Five Freddie and, what are the other two guys called again...?

Does anyone else remember this great show on MTV??
It wasn't Dr.Dre and Ed Lover, was it? I know they used to host the show for awhile, but not when they had fab five freddie....

Yeah, That show was awesome. I almost completely hate rap now, but put on some Run DMC, Public Enemy, or Biz Markie, and I'm a dancing fool, I tell ya. Bust a move, ya'll.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
It wasn't Dr.Dre and Ed Lover, was it? I know they used to host the show for awhile, but not when they had fab five freddie....
I knew that it was the same as a N.W.A. member! I was going to say Yella but I wasn't sure..

I think perhaps they showed parts from different episodes because they all presented different videos. But didn't they all host it during the same era??

i never saw that cuz i didnt have cable when i was a lad. a few years ago however i was at a friend's house and caught a show on bet [that's black entertainment television -- or maybe black exploitation tarnation! -- for those not in "the know"] called "black in the day", which featured, among others, a video for 'word up' by cameo [totally rad to the max dood] and a video for a public enemy song from the 'it takes a nation of millions...' album [i forget which song, i saw this video before i was really familiar with public enemy] with guys dressed as black panthers dancing in unison. it was awesome, the most comical bit of offensiveness in a music video since the hitler youth treatment laibach gave to queen's 'one vision', or the woman giving birth to a dog in army of lover's 'israelism' [great song], i'd wager.

there were a couple of other viedoeos that were surprisingly good for reasons other than their ironic value, but they havent held up in my memory as well as these ones.