MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Two days ago, Tim was 2nd.

Yesterday he was 4th.

Today he's 1st.

A single point now separates the top three spots.
Tomorrow, the world.

Unless you're alternating good and bad days. In which case tomorrow you'll be destitute. And then on Thursday you'll be Emperor of Earth and, I dunno, NASCAR champion.

Is that even the right terminology? Is that what they call the guy who NASCARs the best?

I was rooting for Mark, but I got a bad feeling Adam might take it this year. Hes been pretty solid.

I was rooting for Mark, but I got a bad feeling Adam might take it this year. Hes been pretty solid.
I'm pulling for Tim; I identify with him very closely.

Alright, this is all way too friendly. There needs to be way more trash talk. I'll start:

Look at this freaking lineup. DON'T TURN AWAY. LOOK AT IT.

C - D. Navarro
1B - F. Freeman
2B - D. Pedroia
3B - E. Encarnacion
SS - J. Reyes
OF - A. McCutchen
OF - J. Ellsbury
OF - Y. Cespedes
UT - A. Rios
UT - A. Ramirez
UT - S. Marte

Now change your freaking pants. No, not into those. The black ones. They're more slimming.

Alright, this is all way too friendly. There needs to be way more trash talk. I'll start:

C - D. Navarro
1B - F. Freeman
2B - D. Pedroia
3B - E. Encarnacion
SS - J. Reyes
OF - A. McCutchen
OF - J. Ellsbury
OF - Y. Cespedes
UT - A. Rios
UT - A. Ramirez
UT - S. Marte

Now change your freaking pants. No, not into those. The black ones. They're more slimming.
You really should have reordered your players so Dioner Navarro wasn't first. I just laughed at it instead.

That part is admittedly unfortunate, but the rest of the lineup is terrifying. Terrifying.

That said, I did have Molina there before the injury. And Navarro's actually been a great fill in; he's OPSing .803 since the All-Star break.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

C - D. Navarro
1B - F. Freeman
2B - D. Pedroia
3B - E. Encarnacion
SS - J. Reyes
OF - A. McCutchen
OF - J. Ellsbury
OF - Y. Cespedes
UT - A. Rios
UT - A. Ramirez
UT - S. Marte

You are admittedly good at this baseball game we call fantasy. I'm not even sure how you do it.

A system of cells interlinked
I have decided to let my team climb back up the ranks a bit. Just look out!

I drop my car off for repairs, and the guy calls me laughing...actually laughing at my car because it needs so much work. Yeah, that's gonna cost me. Then i get off the phone, pull up Yahoo, and see one of my best pitchers on the ground screaming in pain. Oh...it's one of THOSE days.

Heh. Yeah, I hear that. My last car was 20 years old by the time I got rid of it. I took it into the shop for what was probably the 15th time in the several years I owned it. The mechanic--who'd fixed it a bunch of times before--called me a little later (these are actual quotes):

"You can't drive that."
"What? Why?"
"That car is so messed up."

Car troubles are the worst.

My car only has 90k miles on it, but it's a 1999 and it doesn't get driven a lot. The brakes fall apart from the rot and oxidation, it needs front end work, and the radiator is in bad shape...Did I mention Garrett Richards is out and has to have surgery? Grrrr!

Corey Kluber versus Phil Hughes

10.3 combined pitching WAR

Clash of the Titans

Corey Kluber versus Phil Hughes

10.3 combined pitching WAR

Clash of the Titans
Sorry but I never thought Id see Phil Hughes and the word titan used together. Maybe if I knew what a WAR was Id appreciate the comparison or recognize the sarcasm.

Sorry but I never thought Id see Phil Hughes and the word titan used together. Maybe if I knew what a WAR was Id appreciate the comparison or recognize the sarcasm.
By advanced pitching metrics, Corey Kluber has been the 2nd best pitcher in baseball and Phil Hughes has been the 5th best. This is an unflashy match-up of ace pitchers, possibly the best match-up by WAR this season, to date.

A primer on WAR: http://www.fangraphs.com/library/misc/war/

That's a sad thing. In my other league, I just missed picking up Kluber by a day and also cut Anthony Rendon in favor of keeping Will Venable.

Rendon is pretty crazy this season...
I only get sad every time that I think about it.