What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms

Southern Comfort - The Cajuns here in my opinion are much more scarier than the rednecks
And depicted very close to the way a lot of them really are…

One of the most disturbing movies I’ve ever seen was In Cold Blood based on the true story of two ex-cons who murdered a rural farm family… (one of the ex-cons was played by Robert Blake)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by Caitlyn

And depicted very close to the way a lot of them really are?

One of the most disturbing movies I?ve ever seen was In Cold Blood based on the true story of two ex-cons who murdered a rural farm family? (one of the ex-cons was played by Robert Blake)
What was creepy about that was how they did the murders in the house, you never saw them do it, but they focused in on the room of that girl and you heard them do it in the distance, and all she could do was sit and wait for death.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Another one I just thought of was James Caan's very first movie, Lady in a Cage, which is almost like an entire movie of the "Singin' in the Rain" scene of A Clockwork Orange. Also it was unbelievable to see Olivia Dehavilland (melanie Wilkes) in that kind of role.

Silence of the Lambs......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

The RING, freaked me out for 7 days.
All the chest bursting scenes in the ALIEN movies.

SILENT HILL, not a movie but still freaks me out.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre probably. I actually wanted them to kill the girl so she would shut up.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Ok I just watched the only movie that I have ever fast forwarded threw most of a scene. The movie is called "irreversible". It's a french film and it's filmed backwards kind of like momento. It is really messed up though. It's not like rediculous like horror or anything. The movie just has a real life feel to it. There is a rape scene in it that is just disturbing. It won a lot of awards though. If you think that you have seen a disturbing movie, you should rent this.

I must become Caligari..!
Once Were Warriors (1994)

One of the greatest non-american films of the 1990's.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Once Were Warriors (1994)

One of the greatest non-american films of the 1990's.

Shake well before opening.
there are different types of disturbing. Disturbing as in The Ring disturbing, or the Schindler's list disturbing. But in the true sense of the word the most i've ever been disturbed by a movie is definately Schindler's list.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
y ashindlers list was pretty disturbing....
of caurse there is the obvios TCSM> but thats been touched on one to many times tonight.

sooo:
hows abouts: GUMMO (ya I know predictable...iddily-diddily)
the whole beating dead cats over a garbage can. with piano wire no less.
and the disturbings to end all disturbings....HE DROPS HIS PEICE OF CHOCLATE INTO THE FUDGING WATER AND EATS IT...HE EATS SPEGETTI IN THAT FILTH TROFF....AND THE THING IS PEOPLE EXIST LIKE THAT. how I pitty some people.....Harmany Korine is suposedly a lot like those people.....
I'm gunna start a new thread hold on a second............

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Battle Royale. I don't know what's more disturbing. The movie itself, or the fact that it's one of the best movies about High School I've ever seen....

or...The VeggieTales movie. It's like indoctrinating little kids into a Ned Flanders cult. ("Everyone prepare for Re-Neducation!")

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
my god.
maniac of course.

but fugettabout GUMMO thats nutcracker on ice compared to.......
:Julian-donkey-boy........now if anyone everwanted a film chok full of cough syrup guzzlin fathers forcing sons to sport dress's and inbreeding syblings....notto mention a sociopathic julian. to lighten up the what looks like secretly filmed unautherized stock footage from a chernoble township. now this is what makes me want to grow up and be alone. never risking falling into a life like that

Shake well before opening.
never seen maniac, but any movie whose poster has some guy holding a head in one hand in a knife in the other deserves to be a nominee for most disturbing movie of all time.......Can u say OJ?

Roman Polanski is the master at disturbing and made three of the most disturbing films I've ever seen

1. Repulsion
2. The Tenant
3. Rosemary's Baby

I thought The Last House on the Left was extremely disturbing. When I first watched that I was just like, oh my god. The disembowlment scene almost made me lose it.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I thought The Last House on the Left was extremely disturbing. When I first watched that I was just like, oh my god. The disembowlment scene almost made me lose it.
holy cow there was a disembowelment scene in LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT?! i had no idea!
of course it's entirely possible that i jsut fell asleep for that scene or that me and my friends fast-forwarded through it or something because by my my recollection, that movie totally sucked dude.
totally check out 'the virgin spring" by ingmar bergman, it's really pretty good for bergman [meaning quite a bit better than pretty good by normal standards] and a whole lot better than last house on the left, which i think borrowed the premise.

speaking of bergman, i think a lot of his movies sort of deal with some disturbing ideas, even if they're not graphic or anything. there's something kind of sickenning that i couldnt put my finger on when i watched 'wild strawberries'. the intimacy i think was one of the thigns what got to me in that film, von sydow's little dialogue near the end was part of it but even everything leading up to that, the doctor's flashbacks to his childhood, his dream, the young husband and wife they pick up along the way. ever watch a movie and you realize somewhere along the way that you've been totally engrossed in it without even paying any attention to anything? that sort of happened to me with this movie, i thought it was cool but also kind of disturbing that it could do that to me. totally friggin effortless.

Only for the weak
Well those Faces of Death movies are the most distrubing things I've ever seen, but that's because their real.

I would say Dead Alive, but there's too much humor for it to be disturbing.

Originally Posted by linespalsy
holy cow there was a disembowelment scene in LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT?! i had no idea!
of course it's entirely possible that i jsut fell asleep for that scene or that me and my friends fast-forwarded through it or something because by my my recollection, that movie totally sucked dude.
The beginning was very slow but as soon as the girls met up with the killers things got totally crazy and sick. I mean they force one of the girls to piss herself, and the actress actually did it. And then the chick killer cut open one of the girls and had her intestines laid out. That movie was f'ed up. I watched it by myself at like 12:30 at night. I didn't sleep easily that night.