Alien :The Director's Cut

Tools    

Alien will have 12 minutes scenes added from the cutting room floor. Final details are still being worked out ... the film's soundtrack will also be remastered to take advantage of today's digital cinema sound formats, and will be positioned as a major fall release, to play on over 2,000. Should this rerelease become successful, like the "Star Wars" trilogy and "Exorcist" rereleases, tentative plans have already been set to release James Cameron's restored cut of Aliens into theatres next spring"screens

Ridley Scott's 1979 film Alien will be re-released on October 31st.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	showpid.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1657  

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Coolness . I'll be sure to check this one out.

I just saw it tonight in front of The Order. I cannot wait for this. I wish more movie studios would re-release old movies so that youngsters such as myself can enjoy them the way they were meant to be seen.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I wish more movie studios would re-release old movies so that youngsters such as myself can enjoy them the way they were meant to be seen.

I can't say that any better than you .

Alien is a great movie and one of my personal favourites, I cannot wait to see the Special Edition, it's a movie I have always wanted to see at the cinema. Thanks for linking the trailer, JRS, it was great!

Why!? Halloween is the perfect release date for this movie. I mean come on! ITs Halloween and Alien! How can you fail?!

Why? Why? Why? Why? Oh why would they do this? What are they thinking? NOOOOOOOO!

Well, it's going to start today in my theater. I am really excited! !!! Knowing that the theater count got cut, who's cinema isn't playing it? It would suck if so.
I just found out today when I was working, that we will be showing it in DLP. . That'll make it 100x better in picture and sound.

Can't wait !!

ITS PLAYING IN MINE!!! Sorry, I just couldn't believe b/c we never get anything cool like this where I live. Can't wait to see it!

Originally Posted by jrs
Ridley Scott's 1979 film Alien will be re-released on October 31st.
I'm dying to see it in theaters....too bad it's only limited release...

And NOT in any local theaters....I would probably have to drive 2-3 hours to go somewhere that was carrying it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I count myself lucky to live near a theater playing it.

i fully intend to be in the theatre the day this hits

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
It's playing at Cinerama http://www.cinerama.com/ in
Seattle!!!

A 90-foot-long, 30-foot-high screen!!!

seattle is a bit far for me...i'm in virginia and my car is about 100 miles away...(fiance has it)..and i certainly can't walk lol...but i might have tried 'cept for my knee

but i'll wait patiently untill it reaches here...
btw....AVP comes out next year
that's Aliens Vs Preditor....check out the thread