Batman: Intimidation

Tools    

Supposed information:

1- The title is 'Intimidation Game'.
2- Emma Thomas (Insomnia,Memento) is the producer.
3- Now in full pre-production at Shepperton studios.
4- Shooting starts shooting at the end of February 2004.
5- Shooting in Shepperton studios and on location in the U.K.

Its expected to begin production in Feb 2004 with either Christian Bale, Josh Hartnett or Cillian Murphy from '28 Days Later'. Murphy seems the most likely to get it as Hartnett doesn't seem to be interested and Bale is stalling because if he takes on Batman he knows he can kiss goodbye to a future chance at the Bond role. Whilst all this talk is running rampant about the hero, a piece out of left field came today about the villain - Russell Crowe apparently mentioned he's been offered a bad guy role.

Christian Bale has been cast in the starring role of Bruce Wayne in Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming Batman movie, to be directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Emma Thomas. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of production for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in early 2004. The movie is written by David Goyer and Nolan, and will follow the early career of The Dark Knight.

Said Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

Robinov stated, "Now that we've found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling."

Bale, who first drew critical attention for his starring role in Empire of the Sun, has starred in such diverse motion pictures as Little Women, Portrait of a Lady, Metroland, American Psycho and Laurel Canyon.

- From comingsoon.net

I think Christian Bale would make a good Batman. I think he has done well in the movies I have seen him in and he genuinely does look like he has a dark side to him. Let's just hope the movie is made a lot better than the last couple.

Bale is officially going to play Batman.

found this on Bale's site....

“Christian has been approached for a number of Batman projects -including the Darren Aronofsky Batman but all depends on the various conditions I mentioned above. He prefers the Aronofsky project because the script is unique but that project is realistically on hold until Batman vs Superman is done”

What Bale’s casting means now is that he’s no longer up for 007. Apparently he had to choose between the two.

sad. he would've been good.

I can't really picture him in the 007 role. I think he was born to play Bruce Wayne even if he is British.

I would have loved to have seen a Frank Miller/Darren Aronofsky Batman, but I dig Christopher Nolan. And I beyond dig Christian Bale.

As long as they can keep Joel Schumacher's slimy hands off the franchise, I'd say it's almost guaranteed we'll be seeing quality Batman movies once again.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
As long as they can keep Joel Schumacher's slimy hands off the franchise

I just thought about this sequel/prequel hysteria. Imagine if we had threads like:

Radiohead - The Bends III. Out Oct 5!!!
R.E.M. - Automatic For the Aliens - Episode Four: Michael Stipe Goes to Earth. The hottest prequel this christmas!!!
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers XXV - The Final Lick. Will Keef & Mick finally reach the goal of their quest???
McCartney vs. Wilson - Pepper Sounds. Clash of the Titans!!! In theatres all over Europe soon!!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.