Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I wish there was a "like" button, like there is on Facebook. Since there's not, I'll just tell you I agree. Very good choice.
Usually, if people like or agree with someone's post here, they'll click the "thumbs up" button.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Usually, if people like or agree with someone's post here, they'll click the "thumbs up" button.
Oh. Good to know.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

Man of Steel

First of all I should start by saying I hate Superman out of all the major superheroes created. I do not see what the hype was with this movie (first time watching) the origin story was bland, the movie seemed to cut to his childhood every 5 seconds. The action sequences were good I guess but how long is it going to take to build Metropolis again? (I guess until Batman vs Superman comes out). I wont go into why I hate Superman as a hero (hint he can die by a rock from his own planet, but now his whole planet can kill him), I am not hyped for the next movie in the franchise at all! The only saving grace I thought was General Zod and his female commander they seemed interesting to me and she was a badass!

1.5/5 stars (only for the badguys)
...It was not great movie,don't take me wrong but 1.5 really???

You're not alone. I thought it was pretty bad.

How many of you is out there?Are you some kind of rebels?You are demanding less good movies?

Unregistered User

Blow-up (1966)

Found this very slow and rather like the lead character himself, pretentious. I much prefer De Palma's Blow out and of course The Conversation. In fairness, i did enjoy the appearance of The Yardbirds and i thought the ending was pretty decent.

5.5/10

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Black Girl (1966)

A seminal film in Senegalese cinema, this is a highly symbolic tale about African oppression and hardship against their imperial superiors. It is bleak film that unfortunately spawns too much of an implausible and contrived conclusion, and its running length is a bit too limited at a mere 55 minutes. In spite of this, however, it is great film that also works as an engaging character study, exploring the social role of Africans in contemporary, post-colonial France. Quite impressive. A 7.5 works here.

One Missed Call (American version 2008) 4/5. The only real problem I had was that some of the acting wasn't on par with the Japanese version trilogy but beyond that, it was a pretty good horror film and I for one enjoyed it.

How many of you is out there?Are you some kind of rebels?You are demanding less good movies?
Meh, taste is subjective. Whenever you're dealing with high art, each person is going to have a different opinion about it. It's no different here. Even though I love the movie, I can see why others won't.

BTW, whenever Shutter Island is brought up, I always feel the need to bring this up. IMO, one of the more underrated scenes in the movie, as well my favourite scene from it, besides the ending.

Finished here. It's been fun.
on the topic of Shutter Island I think it is very good. Most of the film's criticism comes from the easily predictable "twist". But honestly I don't really think the movie is great because of it's narrative(which is still solid), but rather for the strong performances, it's dark atmosphere and just the film's entire mood as a whole. Definitely one of the more underrated Scorsese flicks honestly along with After Hours

I agree. The film has a great atmosphere. I wouldn't put it on the same level as After Hours, but it's a film that is very interesting to watch, regardless of its twist. It's the mood, the performances and the underlying themes that make this film good, in my opinion.

The Departed

How can someone dislike this movie because of actor who is in this for about 10 minutes?Good acting,wonderful story,well told,ending was good,atmosphere was good,you are on the edge whole time,you want to know what will happen next,what will their next move be.

VERDICT-8.8-10

I was really disappointed. I had high expectations about this so called classic, but I thought the characters decisions were idiotic and that it was a forgettable film.

Nymphomaniac Vol. 1 and 2 (2013)

This look inside the mind of a nymphomaniac is interesting, bold, artistically often satisfying and uncompromising. Apart from that, it's also quite entertaining to look at actually. The film has a serious tone, but there are also a few intended laughs in the form of dark humor.
The film is also VERY explicit. I personally didn't mind, but if you don't like watching male and female genitals on a screen, you should probably not watch this film.

I liked both parts equally well. The first volume is a little more laid back and works great as a build up to the second one, which is more brutal and poignant.

The film handles many (controversial) themes and sometimes makes a few questionable statements (or at least some characters do), in my opinion, but what else can you expect from Lars Von Trier? Most of the time he succeeds in staying focused and rational enough to keep the tale interesting.

It's a great addition to his already impressive filmography.

I'd rate both parts together
(-).

Last night I viewed Punch-Drunk Love for the first time. I am delighted to experience a film with such subtlety. Paul Thomas Anderson is the Kubrick of our time. A wonderfully eccentric film with an interesting premise, Punch-Drunk Love is a movie focused on the delicacy rather than the absurdity. There aren’t many modern movies I have seen in which the dynamics of the characters are more or equally as important to the situation. Trainspotting, for example, is perfect at this sort of thing. This movie, however, is a subtle work of art. I would say masterpiece, but I like to wait at least three days and give myself time to think before I make a statement like that. Adam Sandler’s roll was superbly portrayed (as someone mentioned earlier, it was the perfect roll for him) and Emily Watson was amazing as usual. I think one of the reason Sandler performed as well as he did was due to the fact that he surrounded himself around some of the best actors. He had nowhere to go but up. This is a very good move for actors looking to improve their craft. Most actors surround themselves around poor actors, hoping the poor actors will make them look good by comparison. As for Paul Thomas Anderson’s directing style, there is nothing overly verbose in its execution. Like I said, he is the Kubrick of our time. Sure, Anderson’s not showing us wide angles or stately architecture, but he’s doing something much more effective. He follows the characters around and presents his art in a subtle way to where we forget we’re watching a movie. We become saturated in whatever we’re watching. My favorite shot is where Barry and Lena are walking away from the camera, the camera then makes a hole, while, in the background, Hawaiian music plays. What a cool shot! Does anyone else look for things like these? I just love those little touches! Another example, for instance, would be the opening scene. Again, this isn’t overly verbose in presentation, but still a very efficient and a very cool scene. The very first shot (what a shot!) is purely magical filmmaking. It shows Barry dressed in a blue suit sitting next to white and blue walls. It’s nothing much, but what a splendid act of talent it is! I’m rambling. My point is this: I love Paul Thomas Anderson!

Nymphomaniac Vol. 1 and 2 (2013)

This look inside the mind of a nymphomaniac is interesting, bold, artistically often satisfying and uncompromising. Apart from that, it's also quite entertaining to look at actually. The film has a serious tone, but there are also a few intended laughs in the form of dark humor.
The film is also VERY explicit. I personally didn't mind, but if you don't like watching male and female genitals on a screen, you should probably not watch this film.

I liked both parts equally well. The first volume is a little more laid back and works great as a build up to the second one, which is more brutal and poignant.

The film handles many (controversial) themes and sometimes makes a few questionable statements (or at least some characters do), in my opinion, but what else can you expect from Lars Von Trier? Most of the time he succeeds in staying focused and rational enough to keep the tale interesting.

It's a great addition to his already impressive filmography.

I'd rate both parts together
(-).
Nice review. I love Von Trier but wasn't particularly looking forward to seeing this but now I am

@Stag Hunter: Very glad to see another passionate fan of PTA. He is indeed one of the most talented filmmakers working today, if not THE most talented. He is in total control of his craft.

Finished here. It's been fun.
@Stag Hunter, glad you loved Punch-Drunk Love. When i initially viewed it I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as it was.Imo its close to a masterpiece for me.The visual style was beautiful, and the music choice was fantastic as well. I can see the Kubrick comparisons. Boogie Nights was PTA doing Scorsese, and this was PTA arguably attempting Kubrick.He was triumphant both times.