Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=46905)

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:07 PM

MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Been thinking about this for a few days, and seeing as we're about to end the LOTR Weekend in a few hours...

I've been checking time zones and thinking about how DVDs and Blu-Rays differing from each other.
It'll be better to start a general thread on the idea of Movie Weekends so we can all discuss how future weekends will happen, and most importantly if they're going to happen.
What movies will we use?
Full on weekend made up of a whole Franchise?
Maybe a "Classics Weekend" with 3 different movies like, say, Jaws on Friday, Body Snatchers on Saturday and then The Thing on Sunday? (just as an example)

A big Con in the Pros and Cons, will come down to time zones and what edition of the movie is going to be used.
LOTR has brought up a few questions on the weekends in that we're using the Extended Cut. Not everyone has that version, and also, not everyone who has the Extended Cut has the cinematic cuts as well.

Time Zones are a bit tricky as well. Like with the Star Wars Weekend, the LOTR Weekend started at 7pm British Time... which meant Friday was tough for some MoFos in the USA as they are from 5-8 hours behind, so they were at work for the first half of the Friday movie.
MoFos at the other end of the spectrum in Australia are 8-10 hours ahead of the UK, so would also be tricky on that end as they're in bed at that time.

-

Will definitely need Yods' input on this too as he has to open the Chat so us lot can use it and, like with the regular boards might need a Mod to keep an eye on things.
We're all pretty good though and know what we're doing :)

-

So, thoughts?
Ideas on what movies? Times? Dates even?
Stick it all in here and discuss!

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:10 PM

Re: MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion Thread

Previous Weekends:

1. The Movie Forums Star Wars Weekend - Friday 27th November to Sunday 29th November 2015 - The first ever MoFo Movie Weekend
2. The MoFo LOTR Weekend - Friday 30th September to Sunday 2nd October 2016

3. The MoFo Halloween Chat Extravaganza - Saturday 29th October to Sunday 31st October
4. Predator 30th Anniversary - Saturday 10th June 2017
5. RoboCop 30th Anniversary - Saturday 15th July 2017
6. The 2nd Movie Forums Star Wars Weekend - Friday 1st December to Sunday 3rd December 2017
7. The BTTF Trilogy Weekend - Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th February 2018
8. Weekend Of The Living Dead - Saturday 15th September 2018 - Romero's Night and Dawn 40th and 50th Anniversary, and the first ever full-voice Discord Chat
9. The Jurassic Weekend - February 9th and 10th 2019 - All 5 Jurassic movies over 2 nights - The first fully cancelled MoFo Weekend :( :laugh:
10. The Avengers Weekend - April 6th and 7th 2019...

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:10 PM

MoFo Movie Weekends Calendar/Schedule
----------

The Quentin Tarantino Weekend

Saturday 20th July 2019
8pm till approx. 10:40pm British Time: The Hateful Eight
11pm till late British Time: Inglourious Basterds

Sunday 21st July 2019
8pm till approx. 9:40pm British Time: Reservoir Dogs
10pm till approx. half midnight: Pulp Fiction

----------

NOVEMBER 2019 - The Blade Runner Weekend

Saturday November 16th 2019
Blade Runner

Sunday November 17th 2019
Blade Runner 2049

Actual times to be advised, more than likely around 9pm British Time.

----------

DECEMBER 2019 - The 3rd MoFo Star Wars Weekend

Friday, December 6th, 2019
MoFo Star Wars Weekend: A Prequel Story
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Saturday, December 7th, 2019
MoFo Star Wars Weekend: An Original Trilogy
Episode 4: A New Hope
Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi

Sunday, December 8th, 2019
MoFo Star Wars Weekend: A Divided Audience
Episode 7: The Force Awakens
Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Actual times to be advised.
More than likely, the kick-off will be around 7pm-8pm UK British Time.

----------

Yoda 10-02-16 01:11 PM

Yeah, let's float some ideas, and see about making this a more regular thing. Not massive marathons, necessarily (those are super cool, but we don't wanna burn out on them and there are only a few series ripe for it, anyway), but individual movies, or themes (a couple of horror classics on Halloween, a couple of Christmas films around Christmas, et cetera).

The good news is the technical side isn't too tough if I'm not messing with the code much, so it doesn't create a ton of work for me if these are happening every month or two. I'll let you guys know if anything proposed is difficult from the programming side, though. But if it's just straightforward theme chats and the like, probably not a huge deal on my end provided I can be around to open or close the thing. And frankly, if these do become more regular, I can probably put together some kind of switch so that I can designate people as chat Hosts and let them open or close it on their own.

TONGO 10-02-16 01:28 PM

Ok, good idea! :)

Does it have to be a movie series? Deadwood totaled over 35 hours, too much?

Omnizoa 10-02-16 01:28 PM

Subbed.

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:30 PM

I think my own personal input would be to drop Fridays from any scheduling.

Fridays proved a problem this time and also on the Star Wars Weekend, as I said in the OP, people are at work, or asleep.
It'd mean possibly crunching more movies into 2 days, but at least people can then choose if they're going to make it or not, rather than simply being put in a situation where they can't make it due to work commitments.

It'd be pretty disheartening for anyone to have to say on every single weekend that's organised "I couldn't make the last one, and can't make this one either because I'm working".

Clazor 10-02-16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1587009)
Subbed.
The same

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:32 PM

Subbed?

Clazor 10-02-16 01:36 PM

We've subscribed to the thread, Rodent.

The Rodent 10-02-16 01:41 PM

Ah ok. :up:

gandalf26 10-02-16 06:23 PM

Officially floating a Terminator 1 and 2 weekend, Saturday and sunday

The Rodent 10-02-16 07:36 PM

Terminator would be fun tbh. It's been a while since I saw them.

What version of T2 would we use? :D
I got the extended one where you see Arnie get his head cut open and Sarah almost uses a hammer on his brain chip.

Omnizoa 10-02-16 07:47 PM

Nightmare 'for Christmas on Halloween. Do it.

seanc 10-02-16 07:51 PM

I just want to say Rodent is doing a great job with these. I absolutely love the little bit of time I have got to spend with both the Star Wars and LOTR chats. My daddy life proves to get in the way of these so I really don't want to put forth anymore ideas but I will certainly participate where I can. Rodent is right about Frdiays, that day creates the most problems for our UK and US time zone differences. Rodent started it fairly late across the pond but us 'Mericans were still at work for most of Friday,

Camo 10-02-16 07:56 PM

Yeah actually, never thought of that. 7PM here is 2PM on the East Coast and even earlier in the other US timezones. Halloween this year is on a Monday so the timezones are going to be a problem there no doubt as well. What about a Saturday and Sunday chat because most people including me i think will be busy on Halloween?

The Rodent 10-02-16 07:59 PM

Well, the movie chats will undoubtedly be weekends only.
I mean, even with Halloween being on a Monday, or even say, if it was on a Wednesday, we'd make any sort of celebration on a Saturday/Sunday.

Weekends, especially with time zones, are really the only feasible way of holding these chats tbh.
Which is why I said about dropped Fridays from the scheduling because of peoples' work commitments.

Omnizoa 10-02-16 07:59 PM

I'm not doin' nuthin'.

Camo 10-02-16 08:05 PM

Me and my friend are dressing up as Mario and Luigi. I'm Luigi since i'm the tall one.

The Rodent 10-02-16 08:07 PM

Okie cokie... so, I see people are mentioning Halloween, a few have mentioned Halloween in the chat as well.

So... let's make this Halloween a practice piece for organisation on how chats will work out.

Let's say, Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th of October.
I'll add these dates to the reserved posts I've put at the beginning of the thread...

You guys need to now fight and argue over what movies you're going to watch... :D
I can then add the movies you've picked to that same post as well.

Sexy Celebrity 10-02-16 08:10 PM

Excuse me, but I have already planned a chat room event for Halloween night and NO we are not watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The Rodent 10-02-16 08:10 PM

Dates added... fight amongst yourselves what movies you want :D

Camo 10-02-16 08:11 PM

SC already started a thread for us to fight over which movies, Rodent ;). Also support Trick R Treat please.

Camo 10-02-16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1587234)
Excuse me, but I have already planned a chat room event for Halloween night and NO we are not watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Yeah i'm against Nightmare Before Christmas as well. Watch that on Christmas when i've gotten bored of these chats please.

The Rodent 10-02-16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1587234)

Well, do it through this thread... you can organise it all and I can easily put the dates and times and all that jazz into the 2nd and 3rd posts for you so everyone can then check in here when they want the info on the weekend scheduling.

You can totally organise it all and host the night :)

Camo 10-02-16 08:13 PM

Yoda or another mod if they get the chance should merge the threads then.

Sexy Celebrity 10-02-16 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1587241)
Well, do it through this thread...
Uh... I already made a thread yesterday.

Before this one appeared.

It can be known about in this thread, but there's already a thread to discuss what we'll watch.

Sexy Celebrity 10-02-16 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1587242)
Yoda or another mod if they get the chance should merge the threads then.
No. My thread's a separate thread to discuss what to watch.

Camo 10-02-16 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1587246)
No. My thread's a separate thread to discuss what to watch.
OK. Vote Trick R Treat!

The Rodent 10-02-16 08:24 PM

Added SC's Halloween Chat to post #2

Sexy Celebrity 10-02-16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1587251)
OK. Vote Trick R Treat!
While that's better than Nightmare Before Christmas, let's not vote for it.

Omnizoa 10-02-16 09:18 PM

**** Trick R Treat.

The Rodent 10-04-16 03:19 AM

Post #2 Updated!!

Omnizoa 10-04-16 05:25 AM

Maybe in for Rocky Horror and Thing.

TheUsualSuspect 10-04-16 08:06 AM

I'll try my best to be there all 3 days. I kind of failed to show to LOTR. :(

The Rodent 10-08-16 11:31 PM

I was thinking about a Pirates Of The Caribbean Weekend tbh.

Dead Men Tell No Tales is out in May 2017.
Now, ok the 4th one is a chalk and cheese movie, and the 2nd and 3rd ones, for some reason, aren't as well revered... but they do have fans.
I was thinking of April 2017, a month before the 5th movie comes out... the first two movies on a Saturday, then the 3rd and 4th movies on the Sunday?

Could be fun. Thoughts?

Sexy Celebrity 10-08-16 11:36 PM

Why not?

We should open up the chatroom tomorrow and watch something.

Or maybe open the chatroom for the next Trump/Clinton debate!!!

The Rodent 10-08-16 11:37 PM

Trump V Clinton chat?

No thanks :D

I'd rather watch David Cameron watching paint dry.

The Rodent 10-08-16 11:40 PM

I've had an idea for that 3rd post in this thread that I reserved as well.

Post #2 is for the schedule of "the next" movie weekend... and post 3 can be a calendar with the ones that are following. When the weekend in post #2 has been done and is over, I'll move the next one up from post 3 into 2, and put in the full schedule.

Make this thing a properly organised calendar of events for MoFo Weekends.

The Rodent 10-09-16 12:52 AM

Posts 2 and 3 in this thread now updated.
Check them out from time to time so you can see if there's any new info or newly organised Weekends.

No doubt there'll be actual threads started for any organised weekend when it gets closer to the time, but posts 2 and 3 in here will be used as a kind of Calendar so nobody should get missed out or left out from a weekend they'd love to be at.

The Rodent 10-09-16 11:30 PM

We got any fans of the new Planet Of The Apes movies Rise and Dawn?
The third one is out next July... could be an opportunity to have a weekend for the first 2 movies a couple weeks before it comes out?

Camo 10-09-16 11:36 PM

Pirates of the Carribean and Planet of the Apes sequel weekends? I won't be there because the majority of those movies are awful but have fun.

Omnizoa 10-10-16 12:01 AM

Nah.

The Rodent 10-10-16 12:32 AM

Was just an idea :D
I like the Apes movies. I might even save a few pennies to see the 3rd one.

Omnizoa 10-10-16 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1591359)
Was just an idea :D
I like the Apes movies. I might even save a few pennies to see the 3rd one.
Liked the first, didn't see the second. For treehugger reasons.

The Rodent 10-10-16 03:43 AM

Ok... scrapping that idea of Rise/Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes...

But I have another plan up my sleeve... currently working on something special... bear with me...

The Rodent 10-10-16 01:57 PM

Re: MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Post 2 updated.

It's a long way off, but thought I'd nab that weekend in advance. Don't worry, I won't start the thread for it until a bit closer to the time and won't spam the forums this time every day with daft pictures :D

Edit, addition:
I know I've put Friday on there, but that's for 2 reasons.
1. Friday is the prequels and tends not to get a lot of interest.
2. There's 7 movies, which makes 2 nights a bit of a squeeze.

The Rodent 10-15-16 08:57 AM

How does people feel of them Lethal Weapon's's's's?

There's a cacky TV series now... thought I'd get some thoughts.

Clazor 10-15-16 09:15 AM

Grew up with the series. The forth's the worst, so obviosly it was my favorite when I was a kid. Now I have favorite moment throughout the series, but I think I like 1 or 2 best. Would absolutley attend a MoFo weekend marathon.

The Rodent 10-15-16 09:20 AM

Cool... more input then, Lee Thal Wee Pons?

Anyone?

I'll get a schedule sorted at some point. Maybe January?

I'm thinking someone would take up the mantle of Christmas Host... we got SC's Halloween Weekend coming soon too so January would be good. Some Actioners after Crimbo's sweety lovely holiday stuff?

Yoda 10-15-16 11:20 AM

Christmas is definitely a good fit, because lots of people have time off, and even if they're doing stuff there's usually big chunks in the middle of weekdays where people are just relaxing. :up:

The Rodent 10-16-16 06:23 PM

You mean a Christmas Weekend made of Christmas movies, Yods? Or you saying Christmas would be a good time for Lethal Weapon?

Anyone else want to input the idea of Lethal Weapon foursome weekend at some time?

Also, anyone want to take up hosting a weekend made up of Christmas movies?

gbgoodies 10-17-16 01:23 AM

I'm not usually around on weekends, so I probably won't be able to make it for most of these weekends, but if I'm able to make it, I'd join in the Lethal Weapon weekend. I have all four movies on DVD, but I haven't watched them in years.

The Rodent 10-17-16 02:03 AM

What weekends are you free, GB?
Would around Christmas be a decent time for you?

I've just twigged as well that the first movie is based during Christmas as well so could be fun to have the weekend for them over the holidays.

gbgoodies 10-17-16 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1594686)
What weekends are you free, GB?
Would around Christmas be a decent time for you?

I've just twigged as well that the first movie is based during Christmas as well so could be fun to have the weekend for them over the holidays.

I don't think it's possible to schedule any of these weekends around my crazy schedule. I'm rarely free on weekends. When I'm not working at collectibles shows, I'm either in the warehouse getting ready for the next show, or shopping at garage sales, flea markets, etc. if the weather is nice enough, or running errands that I couldn't get done during the week. Unless there's a lucky combination of events, I'm usually running around all weekend long.

The best time for me is probably the middle of the night, but I doubt that works for many other people. :shrug:

The Rodent 10-17-16 05:15 AM

Hmm, Christmas might be tough this year as Christmas Eve and then New Year's Eve are both on the weekends.
Might have to be the week before, like December 17th or something.

Yoda 10-17-16 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1594514)
You mean a Christmas Weekend made of Christmas movies, Yods? Or you saying Christmas would be a good time for Lethal Weapon?
The first one.

The Rodent 10-17-16 11:51 AM

Cool.

Need a host for The Christmas Weekend!
I won't be able to host, but will certainly try to get there for it :)

Anyone?

The Rodent 11-02-16 03:34 PM

Gonna throw out the idea again for Christmas Weekend if anyone wants to host it.

Also, Lethal Weapon at some point? Thoughts? I can certainly host.

And... after today's fun, a Scream Weekend? I can host this too if needed.

Just need input from you guys, without you lot, the weekends won't work.

The Rodent 11-02-16 03:36 PM

Oh, and, what are the thoughts on the Pirates Of The Caribbean Weekend?
If there's no interest, I'll remove it from the second post. Was just an idea.

The Rodent 11-17-16 09:04 PM

Edited the calendar on post #3 as there was no interest in a Pirates Of The Caribbean Weekend and no feedback on the idea.
So far the only definite weekend is the 2nd Star Wars, which will be December next year.

The Rodent 11-27-16 10:43 PM

I got it... X-Men...

In release order...

Might need to be a 2 weekender being in release order, but, what you MoFos think?

Sarge 02-13-17 12:06 PM

Love this idea, although might be a pain in my arse with time zones etc but I can work it out.

Why don't we just have some nominations and then a poll?

Bond (6 weekender at least :D )
Rocky
Lethal Weapon
X men

etc etc

Yoda 02-21-17 11:50 AM

So, I'm not planning a whole weekend, but the wife had a really great idea for a live chat:

Simon Pegg Day

For those who haven't been around long enough to remember, Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter, and since we were on the old/shared server, it crashed the site for awhile. We still smashed all traffic records, though, so that any time I had to post an update on some traffic milestone or whatever, I'd have to include the caveat "not counting Simon Pegg Day."

So my wife's idea was: why not have an actual Simon Pegg Day here? Each year on the day he linked to us (October 28th), we can have a live chat of one of his movies. Maybe we can get word to him about it, while we're at it.

I'd say the obvious candidate for this year is Shaun of the Dead.

The Rodent 02-21-17 11:52 AM

Cool... I shall add this to the calendar in the first page...

MovieMeditation 02-21-17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1652526)
So, I'm not planning a whole weekend, but the wife had a really great idea for a live chat:

Simon Pegg Day

For those who haven't been around long enough to remember, Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter, and since we were on the old/shared server, it crashed the site for awhile. We still smashed all traffic records, though, so that any time I had to post an update on some traffic milestone or whatever, I'd have to include the caveat "not counting Simon Pegg Day."

So my wife's idea was: why not have an actual Simon Pegg Day here? Each year on the day he linked to us (October 28th), we can have a live chat of one of his movies. Maybe we can get word to him about it, while we're at it.

I'd say the obvious candidate for this year is Shaun of the Dead.
Awesome idea!

He can create an account and guest-participate in the commentary of his own movie. :D LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

The Rodent 02-21-17 12:08 PM

Tweeted Pegg a few minutes ago... awaiting reply.

Dani8 02-21-17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1652526)

Simon Pegg Day
first time I've seen this thread. I LOVE SIMON PEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I got a bit excited.

Yoda 02-21-17 12:10 PM

:laugh: When we get close and have all the logistics sorted, yeah, a few of us should all tweet it at him. Up the chances.

MovieMeditation 02-21-17 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1652548)
:laugh: When we get close and have all the logistics sorted, yeah, a few of us should all tweet it at him.
At least he's one of those actors who might actually do it, you know. Would be awesome.

But yeah, lets burn his twitter down once we get to the date...

Dani8 02-21-17 12:15 PM

I'll have to pop my twitter cherry.

Clazor 02-21-17 02:11 PM

I'm in, no question. Looking forward to the year we do Paul.

The Rodent 02-28-17 05:32 PM

Made an adjustment to the 2nd Star Wars Weekend times in the third post... trying to fit them in better considering the time zones and such.

Sarge 03-05-17 12:01 PM

Two great weekends in there.

Simon Pegg day :D Genius. Will get my tweet on closer to the time.

Any weekends due before October?

The Rodent 03-05-17 12:09 PM

Nothing else planned at the moment bud, calendar and scheduling etc is all in the first few posts of the thread :)

Sarge 03-05-17 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1662236)
Nothing else planned at the moment bud, calendar and scheduling etc is all in the first few posts of the thread :)
Thanks. Surely we can get something in before October?

If I can help, I would be happy to.

Yoda 03-05-17 01:07 PM

We can, but getting people to do things on forums is super hard even when they kind of want to, and even harder when you have to all be on a the same time, so we usually space them out so people have a lot of advance notice.

The Rodent 03-05-17 01:11 PM

^^ Like Yods said... thinking... March already... if you were thinking of planning something, at June or July would probably be the best time to go for, that'll give a whole 3+ months, especially if you include the rest of March.
Gives people time to plan.

Sarge 03-05-17 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1662282)
We can, but getting people to do things on forums is super hard even when they kind of want to, and even harder when you have to all be on a the same time, so we usually space them out so people have a lot of advance notice.
Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1662284)
^^ Like Yods said... thinking... March already... if you were thinking of planning something, at June or July would probably be the best time to go for, that'll give a whole 3+ months, especially if you include the rest of March.
Gives people time to plan.
I'm game. If not then I will choose a weekend and invite everyone to mine. That way no time zone issues. I will sort the snacks. :D

Dani8 03-05-17 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 1662293)
I'm game. If not then I will choose a weekend and invite everyone to mine. That way no time zone issues. I will sort the snacks. :D
I'll bring aussie beer nd vegemite toast.

The Rodent 03-21-17 02:45 AM

Thinking about the Star Wars Weekend in December... think it'd be worth shuffling the schedule a little and getting Rogue One in on the action as well? The DVD is out in 2 weeks.

Like, schedule it for Eps 1, 2, 3, then Rogue One, then 4, 5, 6, 7?

Would have to shuffle the times and stuff around a bit, but might be cool.

Sexy Celebrity 03-21-17 03:11 AM

Wow, is it March? Surprised that I haven't heard more about the next Star Wars weekend recently.

I mean, it is so close to December already. Rodent, you've been very chill about it this time.

The Rodent 03-21-17 03:20 AM

I promised Yods I wouldn't spam the forum this year :D

If my pal doesn't let me down, I might have a proper trailer this year rather than the still image video and gifs I used last year.
I'm talking a proper, actual MoFo Star Wars Weekend Trailer.

The Rodent 03-23-17 01:00 PM

Seeing how there's not been any input yet on Rogue One... I've gone ahead and added it to the schedule.

Means an earlier start on Saturday so we can fit the movies in, but should be a fun Saturday with R1, Hope and Empire all on one day.

The Rodent 03-25-17 01:11 PM

Ok, I swear this will be the only one of these I post.

rauldc14 03-25-17 01:14 PM

I have no idea what I would be able to make, but cool!

SilentVamp 03-25-17 02:18 PM

Friday will be a long day with those 3 films. Not that I am saying it is a bad thing! I am just saying that I will have to see how things will be as far as availability with that one as we get closer. I could probably guarantee that Sunday will be the best bet so far. No matter what, though, I will try to make each day at some point. But as it is only March, I have no idea. Maybe when December comes, I will be able to make the whole entire weekend again.

The Rodent 03-29-17 07:51 AM

Had an edit of the Star Wars Weekend schedule again on post #3, being that there's 8 movies, and starting on a Friday... Sat and Sun will be easier to get 3 movies in...

Plus, Saturday will be super fun given the new schedule... the end of the prequel trilogy with Revenge Of The Sith then having Rogue One and A New Hope straight afterward? With popcorn? And a load of MoFos?

Anyhoo, it's edited...

The Rodent 04-02-17 09:55 PM

Shedule Updated!!!!!!!

Please check the third post for schedules. We got a RoboCop 30th Celebration going on in July.

The Rodent 04-30-17 01:08 AM

New weekend added to the schedule :D
Check the 3rd post in the thread for a full list of upcoming weekends :)

Thanks again to Yoda for giving us the time and Chat for these events :up:

Saturday 10th June 2017
The MoFo 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Predator

3 showings allow for time zone discrepancies :)

6am - Central USA
12 noon - British Time
1pm - European Time
9pm - Central Australia

12 noon - Central USA
6pm - British Time
7pm - European Time
3am Sunday - Central Australia

4pm - Central USA
10pm - British Time
11pm - European Time
7am Sunday - Central Australia

The Rodent 06-11-17 09:54 AM

First few posts now updated and stuff... new thread coming in a few minutes too :D

Elessar 06-11-17 10:04 AM

How did I miss this?!
And miss the LOTR Weekend? But then I wasn't born yet.

Count me in for the next chat. But for the movie itself, "3 showings for the movie to be sure everyone gets a fair shot" --> do I have to look for a DVD/streaming myself? The old Robocop isn't on netflix. Sorry, I'm still green.

Count me in for the Star Wars weekend too, whenever it might be.

The Rodent 06-11-17 10:09 AM

Yeah basically we get our players ready and hit Play at the same time and then sit and talk about the film in the Chat Room :D

We did Predator yesterday... RoboCop's 30th Anniversary next month.
Simon Pegg Day is soon, and Star Wars over an entire weekend in December as well in time for The Last Jedi release.

I put in 3 time slots, basically because we have MoFos in the USA and Australia, and everywhere else in between, so it gives everyone a fair go at getting in on the chat.

The Rodent 06-11-17 10:11 AM

Oh, addition, the full proper schedules are on page 1 of this thread though, with times, dates, everything you need to know.
Only thing you'll need to do for Star Wars is check your time zone with what I've posted...

Elessar 06-11-17 10:39 AM

Ok thanks. And I like your Star Wars banner above.

The Rodent 06-11-17 10:40 AM

I meant to edit that lol! The times and stuff have changed :D

I added Rogue One to the schedule.

The Rodent 08-01-17 07:18 AM

@Yoda
Any plans yet for Simon Pegg Day?
We got the date (for anyone reading, check page 1, post #3 for schedules) but any ideas for what movies, times et al?

Yoda 08-01-17 11:10 AM

Good call, thanks for the reminder. For those who don't know or remember. Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter and crashed the site (it was the old server; the new one would probably have handled it fine). Further explanation earlier in the thread.

I guess the best choice is the one we figure to get the most interest in, which would be Shaun of the Dead. Definitely been awhile since I've seen it, too. Obviously we'll want to do it on the day itself: October 28th. Luckily for us that's a Saturday, which is perfect for this. I'd lean towards something in the afternoon ET, since it'll be late morning on the west coast and early evening across the pond.

What do you guys think? That the movie we want to go with?

The Rodent 08-01-17 11:16 AM

I think we need 3 movies for a bit of choice... Shaun Of The Dead is pretty much a given, but that'd leave like, at least 3 hours where something else could be ushered in.

Maybe a vote thread or something? Or just have input in this thread?
Peggy only had about 20 major roles to his name... so it'd be easy enough to get a few ideas and fit it into a time slot for 2 or 3 films total.

Yoda 08-01-17 11:23 AM

Yeah, I'd be okay with two films instead of one just so people have more time to check in, potentially. Though if we do one and time it perfectly people might make more of a point to be around at the same time. Tough call!

My inclination is to see what people think in this thread for a bit, then put up a proper poll a bit later. We've still got close to 3 months, and I'm okay finalizing some of this stuff in mid-September, too, but it's good we're starting to talk about it now. :up: