The Count Of Monte Cristo!

→ in
Tools    

Seen this movie?

I did....and I thought it was great!!
I plan on purchasing it soon!

I love the characters and the story was fantastic!
Another round for Richard Harris!! R.I.P. - my condolences.

Great movie!

Anyone Else Agree??

Yeah, it was pretty good. It's probably my favorite adaptation of Dumas' classic novel. Caviezel did a decent job and there was some pretty good cinematgraphy work by Andrew Dunn.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw this in the theaters, and purchased it on DVD recently. I find it to be one of the most enjoyable films of the last few years. It is, as Ebert put it, "so traditional it feels new." Then again, I'd expect no less from a film working with such tremendous source material.

I thought the relationship between Mondego and Richard Harris's
character was great!!

Awesome story!!

Originally Posted by Yoda
Mondego never came into contact with Harris' character (Faria). I think you mean Dantes.
Yes.....sorry, I just remember hearing Mondego throughout the movie!
Haha!

A system of cells interlinked
Yea, I was also surprised at how much I liked this, good stuff.

Like I said......epics like this one are great!!

I wipe my ass with your feelings
It was a really good movie. The name count of drew me away, but the previews on Starz kept drawing me towards it. So what the hell I thought to myself and decided to watch it, and I can say this movie is brilliantly put together.

I love how they showed how he spent his time in prison. It was brilliant, and the whole idea of it screams perfection. You could actually feel as if you were in his skin when he symbolized all he thought.

I agree!!

Jim is a great actor!! He needs to do more of these films!!
He also was great portraying Jesus in Passion!

Originally Posted by susan
i absolutely loved this new version of the movie...i thought it was much better than the book...
You liked it more than the book? I enjoyed the movie too, but let's not get carried away. Dumas' novel is a timeless classic that could never be justly recreated.

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
You liked it more than the book? I enjoyed the movie too, but let's not get carried away. Dumas' novel is a timeless classic that could never be justly recreated.
i know it's a timeless classic, but what's that got to do with anything...and yes i thought it was an improvement on the book..it wouldn't be the first movie that i have enjoyed more than the book...

I agree!

What did you think of the fight Sceens??
How about the dramatic change to The COunt??
I love how he pulled off the Count Monte Cristo from
prision to having riches, a mansion, and some handsome
clothing!!!! Real Smooth!

Originally Posted by libralucilla
Seen this movie?

I did....and I thought it was great!!
I plan on purchasing it soon!

I love the characters and the story was fantastic!
Another round for Richard Harris!! R.I.P. - my condolences.

Great movie!

Anyone Else Agree??
I saw this latest version in the theater when it was first released and loved it. It was such a pleasure to see one Hollywood studio realize that Alexander Dumas wrote something besides The Three Musketeers, probably his most famous work, but seriously overdone in Tinsel Town.

Does anyone know the name of the little song that Mondego sings on Elba is? The one line is "Donne-moi encore une bouteille du vin" thanks!

its one of those movies that every time its on you cant help but watching it

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I thought it was reasonably good, but not great...in many ways it makes more sense than the novel, which is sprawling and has inconsistent characterisation. As good as any of the Three Musketeers adaptations, and a better story anyway.

this is one of my favorite movies of recent years. and btw im new, hi all, ummm yea im a count, really, no sarcasm....a big scary count of something, something real good.