Marvel Movie Rampage

Tools    

An Original Flavor Formation
This past week a Bamma got down with a Marvel Movie Rampage and slotted every Marvel flick to hit the big screen. The soulsolid movie-10 powermove ended with Daredevil (2003. dir by Mark Steven Johnson).. Shamelessly, I have to roll with Daredevil. A Bamma's take 2 scan of the flick revealed subtleties overlooked in the blackness of the cinema on openin' day. If you get down with comics, you might pick up on the cleverness that MSJ exhibited through namedroppin'. Still can't follow what a Bamma is boomin'? Most of the side characters were named after artists/writers who are currently dominatin' todays comic realm. Ya'll feel me now? I'm talkin' Bendis, Quesada, Fallon, and Kirby. Sho-Nuf, I'm straight up geekin'. Lovin' it though, lovin' it. Roll with a Marvel Movie Rampage and see how it hits you upside ya dome.

sousolids Marvel Movie Rampage (order): 12/12-12/18 (2004)

Blade Trinity (cinema)
Blade II
Blade
Punisher
Hulk
Xmen
X2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Daredevil

A system of cells interlinked
I like many of the Marvel films, but a couple of them are almost unwatchable to me.

I'll rate them in the order I like them in:

X2
Spider Man II
X-men
Spider Man
Blade
Blade II
The Hulk
Daredevil

I haven't seen The Punisher or Blade:Trinity yet.

I find The Hulk and Daredevil to be almost unwatchable, and am currently looking to sell my DD DVD, which I bought without having seen the film. Affleck just ruined the character for me. The Hulk is one of the worst films I have ever seen, and I wanted to bite through the big cable at the end of the film, just to end my pain. Bana was nauseating. I put it above Daredevil for 2 reasons, it has J COnnelly in it, and it doesn't have Ben Affleck in it.

I will do a marathon with the films I like soon though, sounds fun!

I don't love Marvel films, but I do like 'um (well, some of 'um). This is how I would rank and rate them...

1. Spider-Man 2
EIGHT out of Ten

2. Blade
SEVEN out of TEN

3. X2
SEVEN out of TEN

4. Spider-Man
SEVEN out of TEN

5. Hulk
SIX out of TEN

6. X-Men
FIVE out of TEN

7. Blade II
THREE out of TEN

8. Daredevil
THREE out of TEN

If I ever sat through a "Marvel Movie Rampage", I'd start at 6 and work my way up. I'd miss out 7 and 8.

Here's my Marvel Movie Rampage order (In no specific order, if that makes any sense)

Spider-Man - a good movie that's fun to watch
Spider-Man 2 - not often a superior sequel comes around
X-Men - not as good as I would have hoped
X-Men 2 - another superior sequel
Blade - A dark marvel movie
Blade 2 - a superior sequel, with more action and better storyline
Blade: Trinity - not as good as the previous 2, but still worth a watch
The Punisher - A fun movie as long as you don't want to see a serious movie

Future film maker
Blade Trinity- OK
Blade II-Good
Blade-Great
Punisher- OMG!!!!! it totally blew my mind how a great film of such mediocre
origins can hold my attention till the end of the credits. (ok, I'm done)
Hulk- T'was riviting.
Xmen-
X2- Alittle better.
Spider-Man- The best
Spider-Man 2-The second best.
Daredevil-Sucked

my order

X2: the best super hero film IMO
spiderman 2: just straight up better than the first which is rarely true.
X-men: they have always been my favorite comic books and the movie lived up to the name
spiderman: this movie really captured the story line and is really fun to watch.
The Hulk: didnt like very bad
Daredevil: hated it more than the hulk. Affleck was horrible.

didnt see any of the blades or the Punisher

Lists with grades...

1. Hulk (3/4) - Easilly the best plotted, acted and designed of the lot, and certainly the best use of cg too.
2. Spidey-Man 2 (3/4)
3. X2 (2/4)
4. Spidey-Man (2/4)
5. Punisher (original with Dolf Lundgren - 1/4)
6. X-Men (1/4)

True comic fans can relate to this:

The Spiderman movies were great fun---B's across the board

The Punisher was a bit average--- C+

The Hulk......Well the parts with the CGI Hulk were not bad , but overall a bit tedious to watch---C-

Daredevil...........the only thing not moving it into an all out "F" category was Bullseye, I liked this character---D

X-Men 1 & 2... Great movies, the best comic book adaptations I heave ever seen---A

Arresting your development
I thought this was a cool list. Provided from my buddy feral cat.
Sorry if it's already posted. I was too lazy to do a search.

Originally Posted by feral cat
Marvel Movies?

Marvel Movies?
In Production / On The Drawing Board

Movies | Official Site | Release Date | Company

Ant-Man Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Black Panther Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Black Widow Unknown Unknown
Blade Trinity August 13, 2004 New Line Cinema
Blade 4 Unknown Unknown
Captain America Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Daredevil II Unknown Regency/20th Century Fox
Deadpool Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Deathlok TBA (2006/2007) Paramount Pictures
Dr. Strange TBA (2005) Dimension Films
Elektra February 18, 2005 20th Century Fox
Fantastic Four July 1, 2005 20th Century Fox
Ghost Rider TBA 2005 Columbia Pictures
Hulk II Spring 2005 Universal Studios
Iron Fist TBA (2006) Artisan Entertainment
Iron Man November, 2005 New Line Cinema
Longshot Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Luke Cage Unknown Unknown
Man-Thing October 2004 Artisan Entertainment
Morbius: the Living Vampire Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Namor: The Sub-Mariner Unknown Universal Studios
Power Pack Unknown Artisan Entertainment
Prime Unknown Universal Studios
The Punisher Click Here April 16, 2004 Lions Gate Films
The Punisher 2 Unknown Unknown
She-Hulk Unknown Unknown
Silver Surfer Unknown Unknown
Spider-Man 2 July 2, 2004 Columbia Pictures
Spider-Man 3 Summer, 2007 Not announced yet
Venom Unknown New LIne
X-Men 3 May 5th, 2006 20th Century Fox

Source: marveldirectory.com
Thanks feral!

Originally Posted by 7thson
Daredevil...........the only thing not moving it into an all out "F" category was Bullseye, I liked this character---D
Come on, Kingpin was badass too! I agree though, the rest of the film was rubbish.

As for the marvel movies, I've just never really gotten into them for some reason. I enjoyed the Spider-Man and X-Men series but not nearly as much as most people seem to. In fact, I probably enjoyed The Punisher (the latest version) just as much as either X-Men flick. The Hulk had some potential and didn't start out to bad, but it ran too long and got waaaay to weird for me at the end. The Blade series was also entertaining, but is becoming less so every time I see them. I'm not sure if it's me 'growing up' or the films growing old.

An Original Flavor Formation
Since a Bamma doesn't want to let his thread bumrush into the Black with "heres how I'd rank Marvel flicks", funk with soulsolids movie rampage completed list that people can get down with (self-explanatory; hit Me on the PM if your mentals can't parse the fish i'm filet-n!):

Marvel Movie Rampage (dec. 12/12-12/18. 2004)
A Night with Shyamalan (june 13. 2004)
Tarantino's Funky Porcini (2004)
26 Fists of Woo (feb 2004)
YOUR-NAME-IS-SHAKA! (10 hour Zulu marathon)

This thread just got bamma'ed in tarter sauce...

Is it b/c I'm new, or is soulsolid just about impossible to understand?

I find if I read the post very slowly multiple times I can usually venture a guess at what he's saying... Just please tell me I'm not alone!

I rule
I think the first two Blade movies have been the best of the Marvel adaptations so far...

I would like to see Deadpool and Venom movies if they are handled well...

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

Originally Posted by Mose

I find if I read the post very slowly multiple times I can usually venture a guess at what he's saying... Just please tell me I'm not alone!

I understand him just fine...though I'm not a protocol droid to translate.

Throw on an ol' skool hip hop beat in the background next time you try to read soulsolid...that way the words might flow in like warm butter.

What's up feral...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Volly
Blade Trinity- OK
Blade II-Good
Blade-Great
Punisher- OMG!!!!! it totally blew my mind how a great film of such mediocre
origins can hold my attention till the end of the credits. (ok, I'm done)
Hulk- T'was riviting.
Xmen-
X2- Alittle better.
Spider-Man- The best
Spider-Man 2-The second best.
Daredevil-Sucked
I completely agree.

Originally Posted by 7thson
X-Men 1 & 2... Great movies, the best comic book adaptations I heave ever seen---A
I have to disagree here. As far as MARVEL movies go, I'd say Spiderman was better (it just felt more like the source material, and much less generic). But if we're talking about all comic book adaptations, then Road to Perdition is, by far, the best one yet.

Originally Posted by Mose

I understand him just fine

Originally Posted by feral cat
I think the first two Blade movies have been the best of the Marvel adaptations so far...

I would like to see Deadpool and Venom movies if they are handled well...

Venom would need his own movie...instead of sticking him in as a villain on a Spiderman title.

Originally Posted by Sleezy

I have to disagree here. As far as MARVEL movies go, I'd say Spiderman was better (it just felt more like the source material, and much less generic). But if we're talking about all comic book adaptations, then Road to Perdition is, by far, the best one yet.
As an avid collector of comics in the past, and a huge X-Men fan I enjoyed the X-Movies more, so I may be biased somewhat. Still I collected many other comics and these movies gave me that same excitement that I got when I read comic books back when I had to scrounge together $1.00 for three comics and an RC cola on Saturday afternoon. The Spiderman movies were great also, and if he happened to be my fav comic character I may have swayed more that way. But thanks for thoughts. I Have not read Road to Perdition, but have seen the movie, good stuff.

Both series have their merits, so as 7th pointed out, whoever you happen to like more personally plays a huge part in which you like more. Spidey II was well made, directed and acted, and had some good sequences, but I like X2 more because it was much darker, had a more nefarious villain (Stryker was EVIL, EVIL) and as I have stated before, has WAY more super chicks in it.

I, like the 7thson, have always been a massive x-men fan and have collected since the 70s, and Singer put the ensemble cast of X2 together perfectly, and buried enough fan easter eggs to keep us guessing about the next installment. Still, Spidey II is quite the contender, and I enjoy watching it a lot too...