A0Z reviews the Vans warped tour cd !

Tools    

coke kills drink pepsi
What happens when you get the best 52, punk and emo bands together? You get a kick ass show that performs across the US. So its only Natural that when you have a kick ass show, and you decide to make a tour compilation cd , that its going to be excelant. Right? Wrong!. The vans warped tour is supposed to be 52, of the latest and greatest, punk and emo bands united to perform for the best, but the cd isnt realy that great at all. I'm probaly backstabbing my fellow emo music lover brother and sisters, out there but I'm supposed to tell the truth. The cd is just all of the bands that performed there and the songs they choose to play at the show.
You cant have that! You would expect the cd to be live but nope , its just the songs and that, thats, that. The cd is actualy two disks (stage 1) which was all of the bands that preformed first, and (stage 2) the group of bands that performed last. Now the compilation is'nt bad but you would expect a little more. Maybe like a dvd, perhaps . But know they have that seperate. To make money off the consumers, of-course.
Thats not what punk is about. Infact thats the total oppisite of it. Punk is standing up for what you believe in and just playing until, your cause has been achieved, like playing a prefect show, or sticking it to the man. You know, " I fought the law" kind of thing, or like having a show of you and your band in front of a concert building in protest.
Although the cd is just a mix, of songs and not live material, it has its moments. I mean 52 of the best bands around is got to be good, right ? Nope, wrong agian! Although the cd has most of the best bands on it some aren't even good! Some as in, New found glory whos lyrics sound the same and, there lead singer sounds, tone deaf. Good Charlotte, who can actualy play thear instruments, but have sold out to play punk pop, a fast growing pop-culture, Simple plan who have , also sold out but, they say "they dont mean to".
I'd have to say that the only good tracks worth listening to are, A decade under the infulence (taking back sunday), Bleed the dream ( solace), My eyes burn (Matchbook Romance), and Breathing ( Yellow card).
The vans warped tour cd , is a waste of time, and a waste of money. If I wanted to here an actual track from my favorite bands, then I would have just bought, there cds, or downloaded them all.

Rating:

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Nope. Nothing on the Warped tour is ACTUAL punk rock.For actual punk rock look into the following bands

Broken Bones
Discharge
The Nerve Agents
Uproar
Gang Green
Bad Brains
Stiff Little Fingers

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Nope. Nothing on the Warped tour is ACTUAL punk rock.For actual punk rock look into the following bands

Broken Bones
Discharge
The Nerve Agents
Uproar
Gang Green
Bad Brains
Stiff Little Fingers

What bout Bad religion,and anti flag.

Those aren't real punk. Forget EVERYTHING you think you know about punk.What you know isn't punk it's just Political rock. Punk is Dirty Punk is Distorted. Punk doesn't sing about skateboarding and such. In fact REAL punks HATE skaters. so the whole skatepunk thing is hypocritical.

coke kills drink pepsi
Those aren't real punk. Forget EVERYTHING you think you know about punk.What you know isn't punk it's just Political rock. Punk is Dirty Punk is Distorted. Punk doesn't sing about skateboarding and such. In fact REAL punks HATE skaters. so the whole skatepunk thing is hypocritical.

Yes I know that. I do know what Punk is.
Sex Pistols
Ramones
Minor Threat
The Clash
Broke

coke kills drink pepsi

When did I say anything about skate punks. I know the whole stereo-type problem with it. The story's in there songs are all the same. Like I said bands like Goodcharlott, Newfound glory, and simpleplan, who say they are punk , are infact ruining the name.

coke kills drink pepsi
Except not.
WHAT?, A_M. So are you saying that the sex pistols, clash, and the ramones werent Punk.

coke kills drink pepsi
Except not.

Have you ever heard of paragraphs? And for the record The Clash were more of a rock band. The Ramones were rock. And The Sex Pistols were the first "punk" boyband.

coke kills drink pepsi
Have you ever heard of paragraphs? And for the record The Clash were more of a rock band. The Ramones were rock. And The Sex Pistols were the first "punk" boyband.

Cant you read, I said forget what I said because we cant obvious, agree with one another. Because for some reason you seem to have a problem with my opinion, or me. Second of all the Indent tool wouldn't work on my computer, other wise I would have done it in the first place. I'm not an illiterate person. Although if you want to keep this going then fine.

Sex pistols
The definitive English punk rock band, and the real reason to celebrate the Queen's silver jubilee.

The Ramones
"If it were not for his contributions to the punk rock community, I dont believe it would be as big as it was"

The clash
"Politically conscious punk counterpoint to the anarchic sex pistols, vowing to "stand up for rock and roll" and change the world."

Punk maybe a stero-type, but to say that theese bands didnt do anything to help out there genre of music, thats just plain crazy.
I'm not going to continue this thread anymore if we can't sit down and have a decent talk about the music we have a taste for. A_M I tried to be nice, and even tried to change the subject but your stubbornness to be right has realy quite frankly pissed me off. Now I'm going to go away before I say something that will get me banned from this site.