Ray Charles R.I.P.

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Ray Charles, by many proclaimed the creator of soul music, died on thursday. He was 73 years old.

I can't say that I am a devoted Ray Charles fan, but I am a fan of great music. And it is clear that when reading the history of pop and rock music, sooner or later you will encounter Ray Charles. He was one of the great ones. A Presley, a Berry, a Lennon. The music world today became one legend short...

And how could one resist that contagious laughter and smile of his that was always on his face when performing? Talk about love for music...

R.I.P., Ray...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

It's a terrible shame. Ray Charles had such an amazing voice and talent.

He will indeed be missed.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
He was one of the great ones. A Presley, a Berry, a Lennon. The music world today became one legend short...

And how could one resist that contagious laughter and smile of his that was always on his face when performing? Talk about love for music...

R.I.P., Ray...
Nicely stated Piddy...I agree with everything you've said. He was one of the great ones. I've always loved his song Georgia on My Mind and his rendition of America, the Beautiful. The man was blessed with a great gift and spirit...what a great soulful voice. He will be missed.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Nicely stated Piddy...I agree with everything you've said. He was one of the great ones. I've always loved his song Georgia on My Mind and his rendition of America, the Beautiful. The man was blessed with a great gift and spirit...what a great soulful voice. He will be missed.
i second the above..i adored his rendition of america the beautiful and i loved hit the road, jack... he was a great performer and will be sorely missed...

I can't stop loving him, I've made up my mind. I'd live in misery, had he not left such a beautiful legacy of music and joy behind.

Genius + Soul + Jazz = Ray Charles
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ray Charles may be gone but he left behind lots of great stuff for future generations to enjoy.

My life isn't written very well.
I had the great pleasure of listening to him live. Goodnight Mr. Charles, you will be missed.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I just heard about his passing this morning on the Today Show. I got teary eyed. I have been listening to him throughout my life since my mom has his CDs. She loves him and plays 'em all the time.

He will be missed terribly.

I'm more upset about this than i was about raegan's death... i want a day off school and work for ray charles. may he rip.