Orlando Bloom Sux

Tools    

why do people think orlando bloom is a good actor? he OVERACTS SO MUCH, he is really bad, in LOTR was so retarded, POTC overacting, and other roles..he is not a good actor..the only reason he is in this businesss is his looks, not b.c he is talented cause he is ZERO when it comes to that
*sorry if any orlando fans feel bad, but he is really bad at acting*
BUT the ironic part is..in this movie, Bloom fitted a sucky character as his acting,...paris is a weak, fearful, not smart character,..and orlando did a good job with that..says somthin..llol
IM SAYING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM..Orlando is horrible, if orlando looked like danny devito with the same talents he wouldnt have EVER landed these roles he took...being an actor for looks is being a DUMMY not a true actor

I ate all your bees.
He's not my favourite 'actor' in the world.

Originally Posted by GODFATHER
IM SAYING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM..

The truth as you see it... which is nothing more then just your opinion…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Yoda
He does not suck. Or sux. But he's not great, no, and I suspect most of those who think so are teenage girls.
yeah what he said.

I'm happy with the way he carried his role in LOTR, he played the elf well. In Troy, his role as Paris wasn't so bad of an acting job either. He's not a phenomenal actor but he's cool in my book

Originally Posted by kaisersoze
I'm happy with the way he carried his role in LOTR
I was quite unhappy about it. I was sick of his little furrowed brow look. He DOES overact, and I basically agree with Godfather.

However, I think jelousy influences my opinion: he gets tons of credit for something he's not good at, because girls want his attention.

Anyway, I am sincerely unimpressed with his acting ability.

I really don't like him. He's squeezing out every ounce of fame that he can from being a star role in LOTR. If he hadn't he wouldn't have landed any of the jobs he's doing now. I hate it when 'actors' do that. They get one good role, and from being in that role, they can get any job they can. Grrrr!

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Lola
I really don't like him. He's squeezing out every ounce of fame that he can from being a star role in LOTR. If he hadn't he wouldn't have landed any of the jobs he's doing now. I hate it when 'actors' do that. They get one good role, and from being in that role, they can get any job they can. Grrrr!
This is true for a lot of actors/actresses and I don't think they actually go into the acting business thinking: okay I'm gonna make one stellar performance and coast my way through many mediocre ones. The fact of the matter is, LOTR is a tough story to beat and Orlando is not going to change your opinion by acting a part in a less famous movie like POTC.

If you keep saying hes such a bad and horrible actor, why don't you go try doing what he does and see how good of a job you do . But in all seriousness, people just need to know that hes just now starting out so hes a little new, give him time. Many of today's most famous actors and actresses sucked when they first started out. So give him a break. I agree however, that his acting could be greatly improved.

Put me in your pocket...
I highly doubt Peter Jackson hired Orlando to play a piece of elf eye candy....he had to have seen something in him. I guess I'm not getting where all the hosility and jealousy is coming from, from a few of you.

He's a good looking actor...so what. Maybe he's not Al Pacino...but he's not Ashton Kutcher or Freddie Prince Jr. either. He's still young and has shown he has potential. In another thread I said I think he is his generation's Robert Redford and Brad Pitt...and I still feel that way. I'm sure Robby and Brad had there naysayer's because of their looks also. Only time will tell.

I liked Orlando in the LOTR series.....and as far as overacting is concerned....come on....there was so much to the story and so much going on you had to have been looking for it (ie...jealousy). I liked him in 'Pirates' and thought did was fine....and he had alot of chemistry with Keira, which is always important. I haven't seen Troy and have heard some bad reviews about him...but even the best of actors have their bad movies....look at Ishtar.

I do understand it can be frustrating when an attractive actor/actress seems to slide into stardom by their faces...but I don't think of Orlando in that light yet....simply because I didn't see him capitalize on LOTR and 'Pirates' during this past award season...and he could have very easily. I also don't see him on the magazine covers, or rag mags like alot of other pretty boys before him...like Ashton.

That's my two cents...wait...four cents on the subject.

I liked him quite a bit in TLotR and thought he did all right in Pirates and Troy. He needs to do play a couple of tortured charecters in indy films to get more respect.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Aniko
Maybe he's not Al Pacino...but he's not Ashton Kutcher or Freddie Prince Jr. either.
You'll have to help me out: is Pacino ugly or hansome?

Anyway, I'm saying that what Bloom did in LOTR a hundred other actors could have done better. The deciding factor for Bloom to play Legolas was his looks, and now I hear people everywhere (not just females) telling me how much he KICKS ASS, when really they were just fooled by his mediocre (or in my opinion, bad) perfomance in KICK ASS ROLES.

As an edit: I was considering LOTR and Pirates, b/c I know that Paris is a less than kick-ass role...

Originally Posted by Puppy Kicker
She was speaking of talent.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
She was speaking of talent.
Oh. Thanks.

And when I think of great actors who are great looking, I think of Bogart, Dean, a young Brando, and of course, Orlando Bloom......

Put me in your pocket...
Thanks Brian. Yes, Puppy...I was refering to talent.

Anyway, I'm saying that what Bloom did in LOTR a hundred other actors could have done better.
Like who? Name someone.

In my opinion Orlando made the elf role his own and had great chemistry with his cast mates. What's the big deal?

The deciding factor for Bloom to play Legolas was his looks, and now I hear people everywhere (not just females) telling me how much he KICKS ASS, when really they were just fooled by his mediocre (or in my opinion, bad) perfomance in KICK ASS ROLES.
Have you read that somewhere? Whether he was or wasn't..so what? Many actors and actresses are chosen for parts based on looks or personality. Do you think Speed or the Terminator movies would have had the same impact if Danny DeVito or Freddie Prince Jr. were chosen for those roles?

You seem bent on disliking Orlando because of his looks and his effect on girls and not really his talent or potential. That's ok though...I can get pretty riled up about JLo...although I have to admit the camera loves her creamy skin.

And when I think of great actors who are great looking, I think of Bogart, Dean, a young Brando, and of course, Orlando Bloom......
I would have parked my slippers under Bogart's bed back in the 30's or 40's. He was a very manly man. You can have Dean or Brando.

By the way....you forgot.....

Laurence Olivier, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Sean Connery. All very fine actors.~

He is not that bad of an actor at all, granted he isnt great yet, but sheshh give the guy a break. If I had to give him a grade in acting it would be a C+. He made it through alot of auditions so someone must have thought something of his talent. If looks were all you needed we would be in trouble, a pretty face isnt enough nowadays in the entertainment industry.
Well unless your Britney Spears, but thats another story.

Originally Posted by 7thson
but sheshh give the guy a break.
Thanks, I've only said that 5 times in my previous post, lol. Glad to know someone agrees.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Thanks, I've only said that 5 times in my previous post, lol. Glad to know someone agrees.
Yeah I saw that and I sure do agree.

Name someone
Almost any movie that comes to the theatres in your town has at least one male actor that could do the job. I mean, Orlando Jones could do it, if Phil Jackson wouldn't mind a black elf.

By the way....you forgot.....

Laurence Olivier, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Sean Connery. All very fine actors.~
Yes I agree they are all excellent. My point is that Bloom obviously doesn't belong in a list with them (same with Bogart, Dean, Brando).

And my main point is concerning his ACTING not his looks. I consider Brad Pitt to be a pretty-boy (and very popular with the ladies) and I think he's great. Bloom's sway over females does not make me dislike him, it just makes me dislike him more. In hollywood a good face IS acting skill--and in Blooms case, he needs the good face.

And it's not like I am giving him that hard of a time; I mean, he's getting paid the big bucks and its not like I'm mailing my opinions to his house or anything.

But at this point I think we know where I stand so I'm done and we can just agree to disagree.

Almost any movie that comes to the theatres in your town has at least one male actor that could do the job. I mean, Orlando Jones could do it, if Phil Jackson wouldn't mind a black elf.
I think you mean Peter Jackson. Phil Jackson's the head coach for the Los Angeles Lakers.