Pink Panther remake

Tools    

Beyonce will play a pop star named Xania who is a possible suspect in a murder and theft of the Pink Panther diamond. The 21-year-old Houston native was joined at the Pink Panther launch event by several of her co-stars, including Steve Martin (who will play the bumbling French Inspector Clouseau) and Kevin Kline (who will portray Chief Inspector Dreyfus). Jean Reno, Kristin Chenowith and Emily Mortimer were also on hand.

It used to be that imitaiton was the highest form of flattery. Recently, it's come to pass that leaving things the Hell alone is actually much more admirable...

Nobody can fill Seller's shoes, Steve Martin, or otherwise.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Hey, it can't be as bad as the one with Roberto Benigni, can it?

Put me in your pocket...
I really wish they weren't remaking this movie...but out of morbib curiosity I'm sure I'll see it. If for nothing else to hope Steve Martin doesn't do yet another cringe worthy performance like he did in The Looney Tunes Movie. I love Stve...but he needs to move on from the cartoonish/bumbling/ or over the top roles. They're not working for him anymore...and he setting himself up to be compared to Peter Seller's. T'is a shame.

As far as Beyonce being in this...to me she's nothing more than just another JLo.

I have to agree with Slayton, no one can fill Seller's shoes. It's a shame he's gone. I was watching the Curse of the Pink Panther this afternoon and remembered how bad it was without Sellers. I liked it though cause it was the only PP movie I remember going to see with my mother.

Here's the posted Thanks to Jrs! You guys should really read the Blog once in awhile!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pinkpanther.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	4166  

Oh god! It's the trailer!

Something i'm probably going to see in theaters, since i'm a fan of both Sellers and Pink Panther...

Originally Posted by susan
no one can ever replace peter sellers or herbert lom...
That's right! but how is Geoffrey Rush in "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers". I looked at the trailer which looks pretty good to me, i can't wait for DVD since i don't have HBO.

Holden have you seen it?

Originally Posted by susan
watching it right now as a matter of fact...geoffrey rush is excellent as peter sellers...the movie is wonderful
geoffrey rush's voice still kinda has a geoffrey rush in it...

They can never replace peter sellas, but looks like steve martin has done a good job.
And dispite Beyonce being init i might actually go see this, looks quite funny.

The Trailer looks okay, nothing special in my books. Although I like the fact that they are trying to update the franchise, I will probably regret saying that if the movie turns out to be an embarresment.

Someone should pass a law or permit for remaking films, or the price should be a lot higher and certain guarantees/guidelines should be in place.
If we start remaking Arnies films, with McG or Paul Thomas Anderson directing and some plank like The Rock starring, im sure The Governator would pass a law.
Just an idea
(ps i dont know jack about american politics)