Kill Bill Vol. 1/ Vol. 2 DVD

Tools    

According to the latest issue of Video Business, director Quentin Tarantino has big plans for both Kill Bill, Volume 1 and Volume 2 on DVD. The director has been quoted as saying that he cut an alternate version of Kill Bill, Volume 1 for release in Japan, that will be released in the States eventually. This version contains both new footage and omissions. He also plans to assemble a complete 4-hour version of both films together for art house theatrical screenings. Look for a multi-disc "major special edition" of both films on DVD, which may include significant deleted scenes (including the original introduction to the character of Bill, who originally fought Michael Jai White, as well as the original scene at the wedding chapel). Tarantino is also reportedly considering releasing additional stand-alone supplemental discs after the main DVD release.

So many different versions. Sounds like a lot more money for Miramax I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD, but I still have to go see Volume 2 in theatres. I'm hoping to go this weekend.

I actually preferred the b/w The House of Blue Leaves scene to the one in the Asian version. Also there is a continuity problem, as Sofie Fatale's right arm is also removed, although you can see it still attached to her body when she gets thrown down the slope in front of the hospital by the Bride.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

okay jrs i have a question when is tarantino releasing the volume 1 crazy 88 fight scene in color? and all the deleted scenes and the alternate ending . I mean the whole package EVERYTHING. even michael jai white in the USA???????????? please answer back. because im not spending that much money.

After the complete 4-hour version of both films are shown together, for art house theatrical screenings.

Originally Posted by poeman
okay jrs i have a question when is tarantino releasing the volume 1 crazy 88 fight scene in color? and all the deleted scenes and the alternate ending . I mean the whole package EVERYTHING. even michael jai white in the USA???????????? please answer back. because im not spending that much money.
Originally Posted by jrs
..... a multi-disc "major special edition" of both films on DVD, which may include significant deleted scenes (including the original introduction to the character of Bill, who originally fought Michael Jai White, as well as the original scene at the wedding chapel). Tarantino is also reportedly considering releasing additional stand-alone supplemental discs after the main DVD release.

We All Go A Little Crazy Sometimes
If you are really a fan of kill bill you will buy all versions of it, if you just thought it was ok, stick with the rental version

cpl
I am totally a crazy Kill Bill fan, I just preordered my copy of the upcoming released of Kill Bill 2 DVD boxset from Japan. It got a lot of gadgets inside the box.
Ive been searched through the net and i have found www.figuro.com has the cheapest deal comparing to yesasia.com and ebay.

check em out if u are KillBill fan, u dont wanna miss out!

I CANT WAIT!!!

Originally Posted by Psycho
If you are really a fan of kill bill you will buy all versions of it, if you just thought it was ok, stick with the rental version

It's called being smart with your money.

If you are in the Chicago area in Nov. 19 & 20, come out to Anime Sound & Vision (animesoundvision.com) where we will be featuring the actors from the Kill Bill movie that played the "Crazy 88's". Tetsuro Shimaguchi also choreographed some of the fight scenes such as "Duel in the Snow" between Lucy Liu and Uma Thurman. Everyone who pre-registers before August 31 will receive a 4" x 6" flyer with an autograph by Tetsuro Shimaguchi.

I heard that the box set was going to be called "The Whole Bloody Massicre"